The League of Legends World championship is live!

  • 165 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for toxicfruit
#1 Edited by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

Hey guys just wanted to point out that the LoL season 2 championship is now live.

If you got any interest in Moba or just esports in general i recommend you checking it out.

here is the link to the livesteam:

http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/season2-championship-takeover/takeover_twitch_en.html

These are the best League of legends teams in the world playing off against each other

So far i have seen some of the most amazing LoL gameplay i have seen in awhile and cant wait to see more of it.

ITS ALL OVER

Avatar image for ravenlight
#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

I've never been able to get into MOBAs as a spectator sport. With Starcraft, I'm at least able to understand what's going on but MOBAs are incomprehensible to me.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#3 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@Ravenlight: yeah i guess is see where you are coming from. If you don't now what the characters do it kinda just looks like a bunch of particles flying all over that place

Avatar image for scarace360
#4 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

If i don't see someone play Viktor I an going to be really mad.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#5 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@scarace360: There have been some picks that you would not usually see in the earlier matches so that would not surprise me if Viktor would sneak in there.

Avatar image for scarace360
#6 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: There have been some picks that you would not usually see in the earlier matches so that would not surprise me if Viktor would sneak in there.

I really liked the swain pick I don't see why he isn't picked more, maybe it's because he is so mana hungry?

Avatar image for thegoldencat7
#7 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1504 posts) -

Christ, the amount of viewers is just incredible. I have no idea why, but they must be doing something right.

Avatar image for christoffer
#8 Posted by Christoffer (2323 posts) -

What, I haven't even noticed it. Is it big?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for pnevares
#9 Posted by pnevares (107 posts) -
Avatar image for toxicfruit
#10 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: There have been some picks that you would not usually see in the earlier matches so that would not surprise me if Viktor would sneak in there.

I really liked the swain pick I don't see why he isn't picked more, maybe it's because he is so mana hungry?

He is actually really strong, he gets mana from last hits and once he hits 6 he can stay in his lane ,kinda, forever. No idea why he is not picked more : /

@pnevares: That looks complicated as all hell!

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#11 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

Did you catch that last match ?

I am usually not down with CLG but that last play was just incredible !

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
#12 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1873 posts) -

when does TSM come in and steamroll everybody?

Avatar image for ethanielrain
#13 Posted by EthanielRain (1264 posts) -

I haven't played this game in a long while, but damn...started watching right when CLG pulled out an awesome win and now my fingers are aching to get back into it. It really is an awesome game once you get past the initial learning curve.

I STILL LOVE YOU, NIV
I STILL LOVE YOU, NIV
Avatar image for toxicfruit
#14 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: I don't think they made it in

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
#15 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1873 posts) -
No Caption Provided

@Tfruit said:

@connerthekewlkid: I don't think they made it in

at least tell me Moscow five are there?

Avatar image for pnevares
#16 Posted by pnevares (107 posts) -
Avatar image for scarace360
#17 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@pnevares: When do they launch the nukes?

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#18 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

ah okey thanks for the info

Avatar image for mscupcakes
#19 Posted by mscupcakes (631 posts) -

I've never watched LoL tournaments before but I'm watching it now and it's surprisingly intense.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#20 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@mscupcakes: Yeah, especially these matches. There have been some insane playes from all the teams.

Really wish i could stay up and watch group B :(

Avatar image for mscupcakes
#21 Posted by mscupcakes (631 posts) -

@Tfruit: Yeah, right now I'm torn between watching the TNT or watching Group B. I guess we'll see how it goes!

Avatar image for sambi
#22 Posted by Saminougat (67 posts) -

Quarterfinals today (GMT -7)

  1. M5 vs iG 12:00
  2. TPA vs NaJin 14:00
  3. TSM vs Azubu 16:00

All these matchups are amazing, but I'm most eager to see how TSM does against Azubu.

Avatar image for tobbrobb
#23 Posted by TobbRobb (5959 posts) -

@Saminougat: Inb4 they get their asses kicked.

Fucking crazy Koreans.

Avatar image for hunkulese
#24 Posted by Hunkulese (3821 posts) -
@Saminougat

Quarterfinals today (GMT -7)

  1. M5 vs iG 12:00
  2. TPA vs NaJin 14:00
  3. TSM vs Azubu 16:00

All these matchups are amazing, but I'm most eager to see how TSM does against Azubu.

It'll be a quick embarrassing 0-2 exit for TSM. They're not on the same level of any of the remaining teams especially not AF.
Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
#25 Posted by HeroicDrinkingSong (162 posts) -

I'm pulling for TSM. There the only real chance the NA scene has for victory.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#26 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

I think it is going to end up being M5 and Azubu standing in the end, they are the 2 strongest team in this game imo

Avatar image for sambi
#27 Posted by Saminougat (67 posts) -

@Hunkulese: @TobbRobb: You are right and it makes me sad.

@Tfruit: That would be the best possible way to end this tournament.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#28 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

And M5 keeps steam rolling everyone.

Man, it is always a treat to watch them play!

Avatar image for scarace360
#29 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

Kids thats why you ban eve.

Avatar image for sambi
#30 Posted by Saminougat (67 posts) -

Alex Ich said after game “We just pick broken Heroes”.

M5 is broken and should be nerfed in next patch.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#31 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Avatar image for scarace360
#32 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Be happy because thats just another ban.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#33 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Be happy because thats just another ban.

btw do you know why Jayce is suddenly a common ban ? Riot has not really made that many changes to him since he came out but now suddenly he is considered one of the most OP champs in the game.

Avatar image for tobbrobb
#34 Posted by TobbRobb (5959 posts) -

@Tfruit: Because he was always legitimately strong as fuck. No one famous picked him up until a few weeks after though. He's really hard to counter as well.

Avatar image for scarace360
#35 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Be happy because thats just another ban.

btw do you know why Jayce is suddenly a common ban ? Riot has not really made that many changes to him since he came out but now suddenly he is considered one of the most OP champs in the game.

Because hes really strong he's not OP but he is strong also he is really hard to counter. Basically jayce shits on top.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#36 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

yeah i always thought he was really strong.

This kinda remind me of when Lee sin came out. No one bothered with him when he came out but when the pros started showing what he could do he started being first pick or ban.

Rengar is in that group as well now , would have loved him being allowed this tournament but i can understand why he is not here.

Avatar image for tobbrobb
#37 Edited by TobbRobb (5959 posts) -

@Tfruit: I'm actually really happy he's not in it, because I hate his guts. :P

Stupid broken roar.

EDIT: Oh and the Anivia love is just fantastic. I always thought she was one of the best APs.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#38 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

@TobbRobb: i agree! anivia has not been getting enough love in the past tournaments.

But fucking Ezreal... I am so sick of seeing him xD

I know he is really strong but ugh.

Avatar image for tunaburn
#39 Posted by tunaburn (2017 posts) -

BOO LOL! DOTA MUCH BETTER! RAWR RAWR RAWR!

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#40 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -
No Caption Provided

@tunaburn:

Avatar image for scarace360
#41 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

Well now its TSM vs azubu lets see if TSM can carry north america.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#42 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

man this next match is going to be something !

Avatar image for president_barackbar
#43 Posted by President_Barackbar (3607 posts) -

I hope TSM takes the next one, I'm going to the World Championship and I'd love to be able to root for an NA team!

Avatar image for example1013
#44 Posted by Example1013 (4854 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Be happy because thats just another ban.

btw do you know why Jayce is suddenly a common ban ? Riot has not really made that many changes to him since he came out but now suddenly he is considered one of the most OP champs in the game.

Because hes really strong he's not OP but he is strong also he is really hard to counter. Basically jayce shits on top.

He wins every lane match-up, not OP at all.

Avatar image for example1013
#45 Posted by Example1013 (4854 posts) -

@Tfruit said:

@connerthekewlkid: I don't think they made it in

He was talking about the good CLG. They're against WE after this set.

Avatar image for scarace360
#46 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@Example1013 said:

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360 said:

@Tfruit said:

@scarace360: I not sure if i am happy or really really sad that she is coming back :S

Be happy because thats just another ban.

btw do you know why Jayce is suddenly a common ban ? Riot has not really made that many changes to him since he came out but now suddenly he is considered one of the most OP champs in the game.

Because hes really strong he's not OP but he is strong also he is really hard to counter. Basically jayce shits on top.

He wins every lane match-up, not OP at all.

No dude he isn't you can shut him down but it is hard. Ive been having a good time against jayces with jax and riven top. Also if you don't like him just ban em you got 3 bans use them.

Avatar image for abk_92
#47 Posted by ABK_92 (179 posts) -

I don't think TSM can come back. I'm hoping to see CLG EU or M5 take this. I don't want to sound racist but I would love for a none Asian team to win a big video game tourney like this for once.

Avatar image for toxicfruit
#48 Posted by ToxicFruit (1910 posts) -

wow, I did not think Azubu could come back from that start !

That was amazing play from both teams!

Avatar image for azteck
#49 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -

The play from Maokai and Blitz in the end was really fantastic. Such a slick move. Hoping to see CLG take this personally though, not a fan of M5.

Avatar image for hunkulese
#50 Posted by Hunkulese (3821 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

@Saminougat

Quarterfinals today (GMT -7)

  1. M5 vs iG 12:00
  2. TPA vs NaJin 14:00
  3. TSM vs Azubu 16:00

All these matchups are amazing, but I'm most eager to see how TSM does against Azubu.

It'll be a quick embarrassing 0-2 exit for TSM. They're not on the same level of any of the remaining teams especially not AF.

Well it was a 0-2 loss but it was far from embarrassing. A valiant effort against a team that may win it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.