Ugliest Skins

#1 Posted by EvilAshe (49 posts) -

It is to my disgust and horror that I've been exposed several times recently to THIS appalling monstrosity:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=254957

I thought when seeing it that it must be some awful custom job someone came up with for some godforsaken reason but no, it's an official skin and people are spending actual money on it. I can't even tell what's supposed to be going on, Vayne's a dragon-thing? Why? What's the connection, the joke, the reason for this thing to exist?

The wretched thing hurts my eyes and my soul every time it come up. I submit that this is the worst skin in LoL.

#2 Edited by UnrealDP (1225 posts) -

I can't speak for worst, but i gotta say my new Cati skin from that PCG mag is spot on amazing! I don't have any in game screenshots, but you gotta trust me it looks rad!

#3 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

The sesame street nunu is the best.

#4 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

To be fair, all Vayne skins are atrocious. As well as skins for Riven. And Talon. And Commando/High Command skins. Ugh.

#5 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I dislike all of Vayne's skins, which sucks 'cause I love playing her. ):

#6 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Looks like something out of WoW.

#7 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1530 posts) -

@Vorbis said:

Looks like something out of Monster Hunter.

Corrected.

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4814 posts) -
@valrog: Redeemed Riven is cool! Everything else you mentioned is ugly though.

All Evelynn and gangplank skins are shit "sailor is kinda cool for the meme".
#9 Posted by nywt (440 posts) -

Sona probably has some of my least favorite skins. While they may not be bad, they are generic and show zero imagination.

#10 Posted by Giantstalker (1708 posts) -

I hate virtually everything about Teemo, but his skins are especially stupid and deserve special attention

#11 Posted by CountYourBlessings (169 posts) -

Hextech Singed is the worse skin.

#12 Posted by natchy (7 posts) -

I usually hate the normal-champ-painted-differently skins. Kat with blue hair, pink Taric, green Kayle, blue Cho' ...

White Ashe looks cool though.

#13 Posted by GNCD (17 posts) -

Taric has the worst skins. He looks gayish in all of them.

#14 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I like the Dragonkiller Vayne skin, neat looking. It's a rarity for me to see a skin I don't like, but then again most of Kog'maw's (except the new beastly Kraken one) are terrible.

#15 Posted by badunov (22 posts) -

Gym shorts Lee sin, Outback Renekton  and all of Ryze's skins.

#16 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

A lot of Kayle's skins, while not atrociously bad, are just boring.

#17 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

@UnrealDP said:

I can't speak for worst, but i gotta say my new Cati skin from that PCG mag is spot on amazing! I don't have any in game screenshots, but you gotta trust me it looks rad!

Is there a way to get this skin from buying a digital version of PC Gamer? I've heard reports of the codes getting stolen because the magazines aren't wrapped or something.

#18 Posted by UnrealDP (1225 posts) -

@Zidd:

Pretty sure it's physical copy only. Sorry duder, but i'm not entirely sure.

#19 Edited by EmptyApartment (141 posts) -

@Zidd said:

@UnrealDP said:

I can't speak for worst, but i gotta say my new Cati skin from that PCG mag is spot on amazing! I don't have any in game screenshots, but you gotta trust me it looks rad

Is there a way to get this skin from buying a digital version of PC Gamer? I've heard reports of the codes getting stolen because the magazines aren't wrapped or something.

Hey Zidd, no the digital copies do not come with the code. The very first people that bought digital copies actually emailed PC Gamer customer support and asked for a code for buying the digital copy and were actually able to get codes but they quickly put in end to that, and PC Gamer stated it was CS employees being misinformed and that the code is an exclusive to physical copies of the mag only. Also, yes there have been many and many reports of people buying the mag and code not working because it was stolen, so buy at your own risk (I bought one and worked fine) but if you do get a bunk code, email PC gamer and you will eventually recieve your skin, they are aware of the situation. The author of the LoL article is actually very active on the LoL forums as far as posting updates to this whole skin code situation. http://www.emptyapartment.net/home/2011/9/8/caitlyn-champ-limited-skin-in-new-issue-of-pc-gamer.html

#20 Edited by darkvare (777 posts) -

some skins  are really ugly the newest singed skin is a good example on the other hand i buy every miss fortune skin the put out lol

#21 Posted by natchy (7 posts) -

I like it O_o

#22 Posted by andTrumpets (4 posts) -

Riot Nasus looks pretty bad in game. Same with Commando Lux.

#23 Posted by EvilAshe (49 posts) -

Riot are being real subtle with their new skin for Caitlin:

It's still a million times better then Nidalees french maid outfit though.

#24 Posted by Kraank (74 posts) -

I think the worst are all the creeper/fetish skins.

#25 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -
@EvilAshe: That skin makes her look like Alexandra Stan in Mr. Saxobeat. Which is not bad... Also, every female champion should have a French maid skin.
#26 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

@valrog said:

@EvilAshe: That skin makes her look like Alexandra Stan in Mr. Saxobeat. Which is not bad... Also, every female champion should have a French maid skin.

And they would, if this game was Japanese/Korean developed. But oh man, Nid's one is SOOO bad, that kinda don't want anymore of them.

#27 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Shirogane: Yeah, well... There are worse skins out there.
#28 Posted by EvilAshe (49 posts) -

There's a diffrence between a sexy skin, even a fetish one, and crude fap material for teenage boys. Most of Riots fetish skins (hell most the skins for women in general) make them look like prostitutes dressed up for halloween.

In the intrest of fairness though I will say I think they got the balance of sexy without being creepy right with Akalis nurse skin. I think Akali actully has the best selection of skins in the game, they all look awesome.

#29 Posted by FluffyZombeh (57 posts) -

@EvilAshe: Agreed, Nurse Akali is just in the right spot of being awesome and "sexy" without being creepy like most of Miss Fortune's skins. Also agree with all of her Skins being amazing, including Blood Moon Akali which happens to be one of my favorite skins for her.

#30 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

I don't know, I never liked Akali skins too much (And I play her, so I would love a good skin for her. And by good I mean one that I would actually like). Caitlyn seems to have the best skins when it comes to female Champions. Or LeBlanc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.