Viktor The Machine Herald - Supposed New Champ Leak?

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

So with the release of the Ahri patch, someone apparently data-mined a champ that was hidden away in the files.

His name is Viktor The Machine Herald, and if this truly is a new champ in the pipeline, it shows just how much Riot is upping their game on champ creation, as he's probably the most unique champ to come out in a while because of his mechanics. Check out the deets...

=Viktor: The Machine Herald=

Skins: Full Machine Viktor and Prototype Viktor

Passive: Evolving Technology Viktor starts with a Hex Core that provides him with stats and can be upgraded in the store to augment one of his abilities. The Hex Core can only be upgraded once, and cannot be sold back to the store.

The Hex Core (Can Not Be Sold) +3 Ability Power per level. This item can be upgraded into one of three augments that enhance Viktor's basic abilities. Click the item in the store to discover its upgrades.

Q: Power Transfer - Viktor blasts an enemy unit dealing magic damage, returning a portion of the damage dealt as a shield.

Augment: +3 Ability Power per level, +220 Health, +6 Health Regen per 5 seconds

Ability Augment: Increases Viktor's Movement Speed by 30% for 3 seconds

W: Gravity Field - Viktor conjures a heavy gravitational field, slowing all enemies and stacking a debuff every 0.5 seconds. At 3 stacks enemies inside are stunned for 1.5 seconds.

Augment: +3 Ability Power per level, +200 Mana, +10% Cooldown Reduction, +5 Mana Regen per 5 seconds

Ability Augment: Gravity Field has an additional 30% cast range.

E: Death Ray - Viktor uses his robotic arm to fire a chaos beam that cuts across the field in a line, dealing damage to any opponents struck in its path.

Augment: +3 Ability Power per level, +45 Ability Power

Ability Augment: Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.

R: Chaos Storm - Viktor conjures a singularity on the field which deals magic damage and briefly silences enemies. The singularity then does magic damage to all nearby enemies every second. Viktor can redirect the singularity.

R (Chaos Storm Activated): Storm Control - Relocate the singularity to your cursor position.

Tips for Playing as Viktor: Death Ray is a powerful poke and a strong area of denial tool. Use it in combination with Graviton Field to control your enemy's position. Make sure you choose the right augment. Each augment serves to boost specific strengths in Viktor and can only be purchased once a game.

Tips for Opposing Viktor: Be careful about how close you let Viktor get to you. Viktor's control of the battle field increases with his proximity to his opponent. Be aware of what augment Viktor is using by looking at the color of the light on his staff.

Lore: Early in life, Viktor discovered his passion for science and invention, particularly in the field of mechanical automation. He attended Zaun's prestigious College of Techmaturgy and led the team that constructed Blitzcrank – a scientific breakthrough that he expected to vault him to the top of his profession. Unfortunately his triumph was usurped by Professor Stanwick, who stole credit for developing Blitzcrank's sentience and later used Viktor's research to revive Urgot. Viktor's appeals for justice fell on deaf ears, and he sank into a deep depression. He withdrew from the College and barricaded himself in his private laboratory, cutting all human ties. There, in secret, he conceived a project for which nobody else could claim credit. Desiring both to revolutionize his field and to eliminate the jealous human emotions which festered inside him, he engineered parts to replace and improve his own body. When Viktor re-emerged, almost no trace of the original man remained. Not only had he supplanted the majority of his anatomy, but his personality had changed. His previous hope to better society was replaced by an obsession with what he called ''the glorious evolution.'' He saw himself as the patron and pioneer of Valoran's future – a future in which man would renounce his flesh in favor of superior hextech augmentations. Though Viktor's initial appeals were met with heavy skepticism, scientists were confounded by the sophistication of his machinery. By integrating his mind with techmaturgical devices, he had been able to drastically accelerate the progress of his research. His transformation had stripped him of what he perceived as his emotional weaknesses, but there was some lingering residue of resentment against the Professor. Viktor joined the League of Legends to pit his inventions against the greatest opponents Valoran could offer, and to correct any weaknesses or inefficiencies that remained. ''In one's hand, techmaturgy is a tool. As one's hand, it is liberation.'' -Viktor

So what do you think? Authentic or not? Would you want to play a champ like this? I'm curious if he can actually buy gear from the store or if everything you buy is revolved around the Hex Core.

#2 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Seems legit. Also, some pictures.

#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2717 posts) -

I impulse bought him and he's terrible.

He's not the worst champion in the game but he's below most of the other AP champs.

He could be a decent champ with a few minor buffs and I'll definitely try him again if he's buffed but right now I don't really see any reason to pick him.

#4 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Are you kidding me? Viktor is nowhere close to being underpowered.

#5 Posted by CheapPoison (731 posts) -

Techmarine!

eugh... i mean Viktor....

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

I impulse bought him and he's terrible.

He's not the worst champion in the game but he's below most of the other AP champs.

He could be a decent champ with a few minor buffs and I'll definitely try him again if he's buffed but right now I don't really see any reason to pick him.

Viktor is not underpowered. His only problem is that his passive is an item that isn't worth the money you spend on it. Beyond that, the guy has massive poke, huge utility, and he's a teamfight god.

Build a Mejai's on that man and see if you don't sit at 20 stacks at all times. His Death Ray deals devastating damage, and it's one of the few spells in the game that can hit one enemy multiple times if you nail it right.

He doesn't get played much because he's a high skill champ. If you spend time with him, learn how to use him, then you will find he's a beast.

#7 Posted by Hunkulese (2717 posts) -

@jakob187: Even when he's played well I don't see him in the top half of the AP champs. On top of that it takes a lot more effort to play him well then most of the other AP champs. He's alright to play around with in normal games but I don't know why you'd pick him in a ranked game.

#8 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

He's really strong but he's severely gimped by being forced to use one slot on a terrible item.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

@jakob187: Even when he's played well I don't see him in the top half of the AP champs. On top of that it takes a lot more effort to play him well then most of the other AP champs. He's alright to play around with in normal games but I don't know why you'd pick him in a ranked game.

There's not a lot of people in the top half picking Shyvana as jungle because they still focus on this old meta before the new jungle. Hell, there are guys that still attest that Warwick is the best jungler, and he's not. Yeah, he can clear the jungle quick, but his pre-6 ganks are shit.

Viktor is a good champ because he has one of the toughest pokes to come back from when it lands, he's got a fat AoE stun that is more reliable than Veigar, he has only one of two AoE silences (that can be redirected for damage output as well), and he's easy to build healthy.

Literally, the only things holding him back are that the shield from his Q is worth jack shit, his Q doesn't hit that hard, and none of his augments are truly worthwhile for mid/late game.

#10 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Hunkulese said:

There's not a lot of people in the top half picking Shyvana as jungle because they still focus on this old meta before the new jungle. Hell, there are guys that still attest that Warwick is the best jungler, and he's not. Yeah, he can clear the jungle quick, but his pre-6 ganks are shit.

Viktor is a good champ because he has one of the toughest pokes to come back from when it lands, he's got a fat AoE stun that is more reliable than Veigar, he has only one of two AoE silences (that can be redirected for damage output as well), and he's easy to build healthy.

Literally, the only things holding him back are that the shield from his Q is worth jack shit, his Q doesn't hit that hard, and none of his augments are truly worthwhile for mid/late game.

To speak to this, Warwick isn't even the fastest clearer anymore, with Udyr, Ree Singa, and Shyvana. But speaking to Viktor, he's not as good as you say. His skillshot is easy to dodge, his stun is delayed and only in an area, giving plenty of time to avoid/escape, and while his ult is fairly powerful, it doesn't make up for the other weaknesses in his kit. If you can snowball his damage and land lasers he can be strong, but those are two big ifs. I'd probably rather have Annie over Viktor, because she can put out major burst and her stuns are all guaranteed hits (unless you're stupid enough to burn the stun charge on her cone spell). He's definitely not a good champ, and I'd rate him as one of the worst AP casters.

As an example of a high skillcap champ who's actually good, see Ahri.

#11 Posted by Hunkulese (2717 posts) -

@jakob187: I'm not really sure what Shyvana and the meta have anything to do with Viktor being a sub-par AP champ. I've played with Viktor. I've had great games with him and I've gotten stomped while using him. Way too many things have to go right for him to be effective and a good player can easily dodge your lazer and stun.and I prefer the Veigar stun. He's not dominant early, mid or late and I still think he's at the bottom of the pack of AP champions.

Who would you rank him above?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.