Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Are they EVER going to come out with some new Left 4 Dead maps??

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I have the console version so I'm completely at Valve's whim as to when or even if I can get some new maps. Hell, I'd even pay for the 3 other maps from the first game if they'd let me. I keep hearing rumors that they're going to be putting out more stuff , but it is from Valve so who the hell knows when they're going to actually get around to releasing it.

----------------------------
    (Wikipedia)
    An additional downloadable content package will be released sometime after the April 2011 release of Portal 2. Valve have detailed that it will include a community-created campaign called Cold Stream created by Matthew Lourdelet, and support for three of the original Left 4 Dead campaigns in the same manner as No Mercy above along with Crash Course (DLC campaign for the original) which was confirmed in a blog.
    ---------------------------

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Cold stream is in beta I think. I played it a wile ago. 

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @The_Laughing_Man: That's good to hear, that versus mode is addicting and I need my fix.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho

I would also check out some community maps. There are some good ones.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@Alex_Murphy said:

I have the console version so I'm completely at Valve's whim as to when or even if I can get some new maps.

Unfortunately for you that's the problem right there. The PC crowd have had those maps for ages plus fan made custom maps. I would suggest that if you have a capable PC then ditch the console version.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

Nah

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe

Therein lies the problem with Xbox versions of Valve games. PC users have been playing these maps for awhile as Valve has worked on them and pushed them out over time, but because of the way Xbox Live works they can't do the same on consoles until everything is done and they can package it all together.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @Oscar__Explosion said:

I would suggest that if you have a capable PC then ditch the console version.

That's the problem. My computer is 8 maybe 9 years old, still running XP. I've hooked it up to my TV to be a movie / internet / music machine. I can even do a bit of video editing with Vegas 4 but it's gaming days are pretty much dead and gone. I can't really justify buying a new computer at the moment but when I do I'm sure I'll get the PC version.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Any update on this from all you L4D2 PC players? Is the beta over yet? I really am itching for a reason to go back to that game, but I get the impression this DLC is never going to see the light of day on the 360.

I know your answer will be "Play the PC version", but all my friends own the Xbox version... so I'd rather be able to play it with them.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By davidinwrofy

@Alex_Murphy: This would be awesome: I really hope they do release it for 360. Like you, I can't afford a gaming PC and my 360 meets my gaming needs just fine. I wouldn't expect the console to get this fan made content right away or in its "raw" state, but I don't see why Valve can't release it now on Xbox Live as an additional DLC pack now, several months down the line, after it's been checked over and polished.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.