can I run l4d2? even on lowest graphics? tell it like it is

#1 Posted by charliesheen22 (99 posts) -
  Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz 
4GB RAM  running vista 
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 
(yes, it's an integrated graphics card :( ) 

I was planning on turning the direct x down to 8, thats what I do for tf2 and cs:s. will I be able to run it? thanks in advance guys
#2 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -
#3 Edited by charliesheen22 (99 posts) -
@DillonWerner:  been there. I just want an opinion is all 

it says my card doesn't have hardware t&l, that's the only reason I don't meet the minimum
#4 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

Don't quote me but (I think) the version of the source engine used in l4d2 and tf2 is similar. CSS is much older. I personally don't think you will be able to run it.

#5 Posted by charliesheen22 (99 posts) -

even if I turn the direct x down? doesn't make a difference does it? any chance I could run even l4d 1? I don't have an xbox and I just really want to play it haha

#6 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Noe real idea, but the Source engine is rather forgiving and doesn't require all that to run. But again, I'm not sure what less than "all that" is. 

#7 Posted by charliesheen22 (99 posts) -

i'd just hate to buy it and find out I can't even run it is all

#8 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@charliesheen22 said:
i'd just hate to buy it and find out I can't even run it is all
Download TF2 now that its F2P and see how it runs, they both have the same engines, L4D2 should be a little bit more demand just because of how many zombies can be on screen at one time, but it will give you a good ideal of how it will run. If you end up like TF2 (a strong possibly) use TF2mate to generate a custom config file with super low settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.