Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Do you think L4d2 could use a exp system or rankings?

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

I've been playing L4d2 quite a lot in the past few weeks. I have left 4 bringe moments every now and then. But when i play in Vs with only 1 other player usually my room mate against a team of 3 or 4 we always win. I think left4dead2 could use a exp system or a ranking level system so you can get into games with people around the same skill level as you, rather than either someone way lower or way higher. For example they could give you a survior level/rating aswell as a infection rating. I think it would make the game more challenging at times.

radioraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By radioraz

meh

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By masterherocard

I personally find it fine the way it is. 
    Then again, I never play Versus, so maybe i'm not the best example.
    deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deathface123

i agree my friend! you get grinding and boosting in any game where XP and level ups are available. but it would mean im not constantly gettin into games where the server shuts down cos everyones rage quit. 

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Its actually kinda meh.Exp system would be good,but rankings would be like taking a shit on a toaster.
    Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Humanoid

I'd like a ranking system, as long as nobody abuses it.

Dangazzm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dangazzm

It would make it more addicting to have an Exp system... not that it isn't addictive enough already but I just find myself wanting to level max in everything I play so yea I probably would play it more often if that was the case. 

I also have mixed feelings about the ranking idea, would be nice to not have any elitists in my game its fine if you are just don't tell me something like why did you do that there? Because I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think it was the best thing to do or if I make a mistake. Thats the thing that ruins it for me with my friends hah, every single server SOMETHING happens and someone has to make a comment. Like whoops shot my friend and now hes down... here it comes. We are laughing but they aren't haha.

ghad13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ghad13
    @AmonHouston: They already do look at all those things. All of the things you mentioned. The matchmaking they use just doesn't use leveling and stuff because we all know if you play a game long enough you will be a high level whether or not you are that good.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I think an XP based system could bring some players back, including myself.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @Dangazzm:  well you should play with me and my mates sometime, you are good but we dont boss people around. thats no fun.
    @ghad13:
    They could do it like a rank thing let me explain: 
    It counts up how many surviour assists you have/deaths/kills/special kills/ etc etc
    do some valve magic and give you a ranking for that game. and then over enough games it could be made like ur average rating or something. I dunno, Valve is way smarter than me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.