Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Expert Mode is the way to play Left 4 Dead 2

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Skillface

Just made the jump from Advanced to Expert and DAMN! Big changes!

To put it into perspective, in expert mode, each slash from an infected takes away 20 of your 100 health. My years of studying basic math tell me that 5 hits from a common infected will incapacitate you. Yes, common infected. You know the hundreds of them running around? 5 hits and you're down! One hit from a witch and you die instantly. This sort of scared me at first. However, if you work as a team and use items when needed, then it becomes a very fun experience. Everyone has to stick together at all times or else it's over. Friendly fire is more dangerous than ever. One shotgun blast will usually incapacitate.

Please no one take this to literally mean "You are not playing l4d2 if you're not on expert." That's not what I mean. What I am saying, however, is that expert is a completely different experience. I'm gonna be playing on this for a while. Then I'll make the jump to realism, hopefully.

My GT is Skillface if anybody wants to add me and play! Happy L4D2ing and Merry Christmas!

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Skillface

Just made the jump from Advanced to Expert and DAMN! Big changes!

To put it into perspective, in expert mode, each slash from an infected takes away 20 of your 100 health. My years of studying basic math tell me that 5 hits from a common infected will incapacitate you. Yes, common infected. You know the hundreds of them running around? 5 hits and you're down! One hit from a witch and you die instantly. This sort of scared me at first. However, if you work as a team and use items when needed, then it becomes a very fun experience. Everyone has to stick together at all times or else it's over. Friendly fire is more dangerous than ever. One shotgun blast will usually incapacitate.

Please no one take this to literally mean "You are not playing l4d2 if you're not on expert." That's not what I mean. What I am saying, however, is that expert is a completely different experience. I'm gonna be playing on this for a while. Then I'll make the jump to realism, hopefully.

My GT is Skillface if anybody wants to add me and play! Happy L4D2ing and Merry Christmas!

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

I always play on expert 

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MikeFightNight

I like realism myself.  Makes it more tense when all your trying to do is keep on eye on where everyone is;)

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

Realism, Expert, Hard Rain, without using an external voice chat program,   is awesome.

When the rain picks up your mic volume goes way down to where you can barely hear your teammates shouting over the noise of the rain. People getting incapped in the sugar cane field is hilarious, because its so hard to find them. They have to keep firing their pistol into the air so you can see where they are.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Whisperkill

Its so much harder than the first game, anything past normal seems extreme to me

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Darkstar614: What does Realism change, I'm yet to play with it on, I might get a group together and see what happens.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darkstar614
    @Ineedaname: The outlines around your teammates when they are incapped, behind walls, or being attack by a special infected. Those are gone, along with a lot of outlines around items and such unless you're right next to it. So if you're not communicating everything that's going on with your team, you're going to be dead very quickly. Also the common infected take more bullets to take down, unless shot in the head. For instance, a sniper-type weapon will usually kill a common with one shot to the chest, it now takes 3-5 making it a less effective weapon unless you are good at getting those headshots.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Darkstar614: D= Sniper was my weapon of choice because I play with a dude who normally runs, stopping spawns and being bait in Vs.
    I'm definately gonna have to give it a go if only for the outlines going, I play with a guy who doesn't use his mic, and if he gets pulled or jumped by a hunter/smoker, he types HELP, over and over, it'll be hilarious when we can't find him XD
    Avatar image for deactivated-61abb009b221e
    deactivated-61abb009b221e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

You are certainly right, good sir. As long as everyone has voice communication, I find expert and realism a much more enriching experience rather than a frustrating one.
    achoyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By achoyq

Totally agree...It's a lot of fun playing expert with friends, and we all got the achievement for finishing all campaigns on expert as well. It did take us a few times getting the Parish finale, that was a bit hard (took us probably about 30 mins of retries).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.