First thoughts on the new Left 4 Dead 2 DLC

Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

I just finished my first game of the new DLC (The Passing) and my first thought is AWESOME.
Why you ask me? Very simple I just got 20% more game for free! and if thats wasn't enough the new campaigns is one of the better ones from the six campaigns if not the best. It seems Valve took a good look at the best parts from Left 4 Dead and made them into a whole new level for instance the storm and rain effects from Hard Rain make a comeback. The levels in the DLC are very diverse and fun, and one last treat is that you get to see and meet some familiar faces.  
In conclusion I just want to say play this DLC even if you have to pay for it (im talking to you Xbox playes) its a ride thats worth every second of your time.    
Sorry im keeping this short but these zombies aren't going kill themselves.

#1 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

I just finished my first game of the new DLC (The Passing) and my first thought is AWESOME.
Why you ask me? Very simple I just got 20% more game for free! and if thats wasn't enough the new campaigns is one of the better ones from the six campaigns if not the best. It seems Valve took a good look at the best parts from Left 4 Dead and made them into a whole new level for instance the storm and rain effects from Hard Rain make a comeback. The levels in the DLC are very diverse and fun, and one last treat is that you get to see and meet some familiar faces.  
In conclusion I just want to say play this DLC even if you have to pay for it (im talking to you Xbox playes) its a ride thats worth every second of your time.    
Sorry im keeping this short but these zombies aren't going kill themselves.

#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Just ran through it on normal, and i'm definately digging it.

#3 Posted by Spiral_Stars (456 posts) -

It was alright.

#4 Posted by MrWillz (38 posts) -

I thought it was a little short and not the challenging.  I'm going to replay it on a higher difficulty and see if I will enjoy it more.
#5 Posted by pepper (304 posts) -

I think it was great. Not that long, but definitely an adrenaline rush.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14672 posts) -

the campaign itself is great; the new dialogue is often the best part.

example; ITS KISSIN TIME

#7 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -

It was kinda meh for me, and even more so that i had to buy it on xbox. it also seemed buggy many times i saw SI stuck on stuff not doing anything. best part was the wedding and reading that one places bathroom wall.
#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -
@Laketown said:
"the campaign itself is great; the new dialogue is often the best part.  example; ITS KISSIN TIME "

All the dialog about Zoey was funny as hell.
#9 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
" @Laketown said:
"the campaign itself is great; the new dialogue is often the best part.  example; ITS KISSIN TIME "
All the dialog about Zoey was funny as hell. "
My favorite is when Ellis mentions how hot Zoey looks holding a gun.
#10 Posted by newmania (54 posts) -

I paid $8.96 Canadian for it. Totally worth it. So much better than Crash Course.

#11 Posted by scallywag179 (23 posts) -

I thought it was great.

#12 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -
@scallywag179 said:
" I thought it was great. "
What this guy said. ;)
#13 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

"I'll tell you how old I am when you lower that brigde!" 

I found The Passing to be great.  

#14 Posted by LifeJuice (8 posts) -

I liked it, I just wish there was more interactions with the original cast. 

#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7318 posts) -

I paid 7 bucks for it on the 360 and tho it is "short" I feel that just the two nights I've spent playing it has already given me more than my money's worth. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.