Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

I am having so many issues with L4D2.

BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BenX02

I love it so much, it's my favorite game of the year, but I am having tons of issues. 

First, the Left 4 Dead 2 servers were laggy as hell, everyone knows that.  

Second, is that the servers have some weird problem with my router, so whenever I try to play versus or scavenge, it completely shuts down my internet. Not just Xbox Live, but it completely shuts down my router and modem. I fixed that my updating my router firmware.... kind of. It still happens every now and then. 

Third, I was playing the other day, when my dad knocks over my 360, and you know what happens. It was scratched so much it doesn't even work. I take it to a local movie store, where they refurbish it for me for $1. The scratch is mostly gone. I'm happy, I take it home, and I notice that a lot of textures are missing. Power boxes, suit cases, tarps, fire hydrants, boxes, soda machines, as well as a lot of other stuff appear as blue and pink pixels. 

And fourth. My connection gets one bar no matter what I do when I play versus. It's not the servers anymore, since everyone else seems to get good connections. It is so laggy to the point where it is completely unplayable. That wireless adapter is a $100 piece of shit. The weird thing is, that when I'm in the 360 menu, it shows me getting four out of four bars... 

I just can't win when it comes to L4D2. So now I ask, has anyone experienced any of these problems? Or had a game that you loved, that for some reason you just couldn't play properly?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Hey, I've got problems with it too! 

I bought it for PC, I played the demo just fine. Got the real game and crashed every time a Witch died.

Then the next day, When I went to load up L4D2 it went to the yellow loading screen thing and crashed. Every. Single. Time. 

So I can't even start the game!  I played it for a day and now I can't play anymore! I basically donated 45 bucks to Valve and they haven't even fixed this HUGE issue yet.

BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BenX02
    @TheMustacheHero: Ouch that sucks. I shouldn't be complaining then,  at least I can still play it.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun
    @BenX02: Burn rings pretty much destroy a game because they chew right down into the information layer. So, even if they did buff the living daylights out of it alot of the data is probably corrupted. Nothing can really be done about it.

I too have been experiencing extreme amounts of lag to the point where the game is almost unplayable. Zombies are jumping around he screen and I can't manage to shoot anything. Really ruins the game when you can't play online.
    BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BenX02

Good to know. Thanks for the info. 

Yeah, same for me. It's really annoying. I never had any problems with L4D1 though, which is weird.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

Did you not install the game? HDD issues or something?

BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BenX02
    @Zenaxzd: Dude you're brilliant.  

The reason I didn't install it was because I have a 20gb HDD. Do you think the texture problem will be gone if I install it? I'm assuming not, but you never know...
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @BenX02 said:
    " @Zenaxzd: Dude you're brilliant.   The reason I didn't install it was because I have a 20gb HDD. Do you think the texture problem will be gone if I install it? I'm assuming not, but you never know... "
    20 gigs eh? I would hate to be stuck with one of those, my condolences.
    BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BenX02
     @Zenaxzd: Thanks. :D  

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 120 soon. If they weren't so freekin expensive.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @BenX02 said:
    "  @Zenaxzd: Thanks. :D   I'm thinking of upgrading to a 120 soon. If they weren't so freekin expensive. "
    It is well worth it though, I bought an elite so it had the 100 gig and I constantly ride 20-25 gig left on it. No way I could ever live with a 20 gig. Honestly I kind of want to buy a new one myself.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kmdrkul
    @BenX02 said:
    " @Zenaxzd: Dude you're brilliant.   The reason I didn't install it was because I have a 20gb HDD. Do you think the texture problem will be gone if I install it? I'm assuming not, but you never know... "
    Ah, so you are in the same limbo as I am, always having to monitor your free space.  It really does put you in a bind...
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @BenX02 said:

It might not NOW because the disc is already scratched, so you would just be installing a broken game. If you installed BEFORE, then the textures would have no error because you could throw your disc out a window and still play the game. But I know how you feel, I have a 20gb also, so I never install my games.
    BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BenX02
    @ADTR_ZERO: Yeah, you were right. I tried installing it, and it wouldn't even install. It gave me an error. 

I'm so fucking pissed. I spent all of this money on the game and it doesn't even work right. D: 

I'm sad.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @BenX02 said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO: Yeah, you were right. I tried installing it, and it wouldn't even install. It gave me an error.  I'm so fucking pissed. I spent all of this money on the game and it doesn't even work right. D:  I'm sad. "
    Never tried it myself but couldn't you just get another version of the game to install (for example renting it from somewhere or maybe a friend has it) and then just use your own copy after the install since IIRC it reads all the data from the hdd and the disc is just there to make sure you didn't steal the game or whatever. 

I had a somewhat similar situation with my copy of GTA4. I bought it used and it would constantly freeze up and give me disk read errors until I just installed it which lead to no more problems.
    BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BenX02
    @Zenaxzd: Great idea, I only know a couple of people who own the game though, and I don't see them very often. I'll look into that though, thanks. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.