Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Is the L4D2 Steam version Uncensored? (AUS)

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

I wanna preorder L4D2 off of steam for 45$ because it will cost 89$ here but I want to know if the version of the game in censored or not. I am wondering if Steam know I am Australian because all the pricing is in AUD so yea.

PS: If I import the game on Xbox (uncensored) is it illegal?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I think that if you buy the uncensored version of the game Steam will recognize your location, I am not 100% sure so do not take that as fact.

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By monkeyroach

on steam you can get someone to gift it to you and you can get the uncensored version.Thats going to be your only way because there will be no censored version in aus.Something to make your rage harder is new zealand  is gething the uncensored version.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#4  Edited By Lazyaza

Steam has a region recognition system, when I tried to buy Silent Hill Origins it came up with a message along the lines of 'you cannot purchase this game in your country' or something.  You'll be able to buy the Aus version of the game only but don't worry I'm sure some crafty hacker will find a way to unlock the uncensored version and put a hack online for us aussies.

If that never happens then monkeyroach is probably right, you'd have to bug a nice american friend to buy it for you and gift it. Even then I wonder if the game would even work, it might say 'you cant play this in your country' or some shit. If you import the xbox version will it even play on your 360? I thought 360 games were region bound.

God I hate our government.  All this bs just because one old fucker doesn't want an 18+ rating that is clearly needed.  Technically I don't think its illegal to import the game, its just illegal for retailers to sell it here.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Evilsbane

Man you poor poor Aussie's always getting the shaft over there, games get banned and when the do come over your not allowed to see blood because it will turn you into a monster !Rawr!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.