Left 4 dead 2 dlc ?

#1 Posted by ToxicFruit (1718 posts) -

I found this story on  http://www.destructoid.com/ 

Those who have played Left 4 Dead 2's "Dark Carnival" campaign will likely know of The Midnight Riders. They are a fictional rock band that Ellis seems to be rather fond of, and the campaign's finale involves the Survivors fighting on a stage set up for a Riders concert. It's an incredible moment, and we've just discovered a brand new Web site all about the band!

Read on...
http://www.destructoid.com/midnight-riders-teaser-site-found-left-4-dead-2-dlc--155492.phtml

Here is the teaser site
http://www.midnight-riders.com/
 So what do you think about this ?

#2 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -

Why are they doing this only for L4D2? What happened to the promised DLC for L4D?

#3 Posted by Mrbiscuit101 (104 posts) -
@Snail: It's depressing isn't it? Now i need to go and buy LFD2 :,(
#4 Posted by eezo (286 posts) -

left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better

#5 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@eezo said:
" left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better "
this
#6 Posted by jakob187 (21735 posts) -

Dood, I've gotta get one of those Midnight Riders Tour t-shirts!!! 

Also...I will say it as well:  Left 4 Dead 2 trumps the FUCK out of Left 4 Dead, solely because of the Scavenge mode.

#7 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@eezo said:
" left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better "
You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released.
#8 Posted by deusdigit (572 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @eezo said:
You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released. "
Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life.
#9 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@deusdigit said:
" @Karmum said:
" @eezo said:
You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released. "
Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life. "
True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL.
#10 Posted by imhuntad (310 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @deusdigit said:
" @Karmum said:
" @eezo said:
Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life. "
True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL. "
Not only that, but it updated the graphics by far, added physics, and basically took a giant leap forward for the entire franchise. I have L4D2 and it is better, but not by as much as HL2 - HL1.
#11 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -
@imhuntad said:
" @Karmum said:
" @deusdigit said:
" @Karmum said:
" @eezo said:
True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL. "
Not only that, but it updated the graphics by far, added physics, and basically took a giant leap forward for the entire franchise. I have L4D2 and it is better, but not by as much as HL2 - HL1. "
Yep, cant really compare them.  One was made with a brand new engine, physics, etc - the other made within a year of the other one.  You can argue it should have been an expansion, fine, but you still can't compare them.
#12 Posted by smnoamls (1 posts) -

1) Hl2 was 10 years after HL1. In those days of sparse good games it was possible, not today.
2) God of war 1 and 2 are so so similiar. Same gameplay, similiar graphics , only different levels and some different monsters. Same as l4d1 - > l4d2. Did any1 complain then? No, because people didnt expect quantom leaps that valve usually gives.
3) gears of war 1 and 2 are so similiar its scary. One is a sequal to the other in plot and some monsters and a few weapons. But a non gear head cant tell the difference.
4)  as I was writing this I found this :

http://www.destructoid.com/think-l4d2-is-an-expansion-you-re-a-f-cking-idiot-155498.phtml

It sums up my idea in a much more refined manner.

#13 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -
@Snail: L4D1 has had DLC released for it haha.
#14 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

The music isn't the best, it's not terrible for viral actually, still there's better blues.

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21735 posts) -

Guitar Hero: Midnight Riders CONFIRMED!  GET HYPE!

#16 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -
@Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference.
#17 Posted by Turtlefuzz (257 posts) -
@Snail: I think he's referring to Crash Course, which is DLC on the Xbox. Don't be mean before you get your facts straight.
#18 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -
@Snail: That was unnecessarily mean you stupid fuck.
#19 Posted by Three0neFive (2300 posts) -
@Snail said:
" @Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference. "
That is content that is downloaded, therefore it is DLC, you stupid uneducated fuck. Go kill yourself you shit.
#20 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -
@Snail said:
" @Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference. "
Actually it did. There where new survivor maps and a new campaign added. The campaign wasn't very good but it was still DLC.
#21 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -
@AgentofChaos:
@Three0neFive:

None of you are witty, sorry. 

That was an update by the way, hardly DLC. I see Valve is doing to L4D2 what they were supposed to have done with the first one from start, as a matter of fact, the whole sequelcould nearly have been achieved through a year or so of DLC's (weapons, maps, etc. are characteristics of DLC).
#22 Posted by Yummylee (22304 posts) -

Muuuch better...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.