Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Left 4 dead 2 dlc ?

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

I found this story on  http://www.destructoid.com/ 

Those who have played Left 4 Dead 2's "Dark Carnival" campaign will likely know of The Midnight Riders. They are a fictional rock band that Ellis seems to be rather fond of, and the campaign's finale involves the Survivors fighting on a stage set up for a Riders concert. It's an incredible moment, and we've just discovered a brand new Web site all about the band!

Read on...
    http://www.destructoid.com/midnight-riders-teaser-site-found-left-4-dead-2-dlc--155492.phtml

Here is the teaser site
    http://www.midnight-riders.com/
     So what do you think about this ?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Why are they doing this only for L4D2? What happened to the promised DLC for L4D?

Mrbiscuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mrbiscuit101
    @Snail: It's depressing isn't it? Now i need to go and buy LFD2 :,(
    eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eezo

left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nail1080
    @eezo said:
    " left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better "
    this
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By jakob187

Dood, I've gotta get one of those Midnight Riders Tour t-shirts!!! 

Also...I will say it as well:  Left 4 Dead 2 trumps the FUCK out of Left 4 Dead, solely because of the Scavenge mode.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum
    @eezo said:
    " left 4 dead 2 IS much better though... i used to hate on L4D2 but after i bought it i have to admit... it is better "
    You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released.
    deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deusdigit
    @Karmum said:
    " @eezo said:
    You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released. "
    Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Karmum
    @deusdigit said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " @eezo said:
    You're still going to have people that still resent Valve for releasing another L4D game, a year after the original one was released. "
    Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life. "
    True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL.
    imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By imhuntad
    @Karmum said:
    " @deusdigit said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " @eezo said:
    Well the game isn't a Giant leap forward. A way you do a sequel is What half-life 2 did for the original Half-life. "
    True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL. "
    Not only that, but it updated the graphics by far, added physics, and basically took a giant leap forward for the entire franchise. I have L4D2 and it is better, but not by as much as HL2 - HL1.
    empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By empfeix
    @imhuntad said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " @deusdigit said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " @eezo said:
    True, but at least HL2 was released a few years after the original HL. "
    Not only that, but it updated the graphics by far, added physics, and basically took a giant leap forward for the entire franchise. I have L4D2 and it is better, but not by as much as HL2 - HL1. "
    Yep, cant really compare them.  One was made with a brand new engine, physics, etc - the other made within a year of the other one.  You can argue it should have been an expansion, fine, but you still can't compare them.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fda7e94a3673
    deactivated-5fda7e94a3673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Hl2 was 10 years after HL1. In those days of sparse good games it was possible, not today.
    2) God of war 1 and 2 are so so similiar. Same gameplay, similiar graphics , only different levels and some different monsters. Same as l4d1 - > l4d2. Did any1 complain then? No, because people didnt expect quantom leaps that valve usually gives.
    3) gears of war 1 and 2 are so similiar its scary. One is a sequal to the other in plot and some monsters and a few weapons. But a non gear head cant tell the difference.
    4)  as I was writing this I found this :

http://www.destructoid.com/think-l4d2-is-an-expansion-you-re-a-f-cking-idiot-155498.phtml

It sums up my idea in a much more refined manner.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Teran
    @Snail: L4D1 has had DLC released for it haha.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Ineedaname

The music isn't the best, it's not terrible for viral actually, still there's better blues.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187

Guitar Hero: Midnight Riders CONFIRMED!  GET HYPE!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snail
    @Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference.
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Turtlefuzz
    @Snail: I think he's referring to Crash Course, which is DLC on the Xbox. Don't be mean before you get your facts straight.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @Snail: That was unnecessarily mean you stupid fuck.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Snail said:
    " @Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference. "
    That is content that is downloaded, therefore it is DLC, you stupid uneducated fuck. Go kill yourself you shit.
    lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By lucas_kelly
    @Snail said:
    " @Teran: No it hasn't you stupid fuck, it had the survivor update, that is not DLC, learn the difference. "
    Actually it did. There where new survivor maps and a new campaign added. The campaign wasn't very good but it was still DLC.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snail
    @AgentofChaos:
    @Three0neFive:

None of you are witty, sorry. 

That was an update by the way, hardly DLC. I see Valve is doing to L4D2 what they were supposed to have done with the first one from start, as a matter of fact, the whole sequelcould nearly have been achieved through a year or so of DLC's (weapons, maps, etc. are characteristics of DLC).
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee

Muuuch better...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.