Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Left For Dead 2 Announced, Due in Fall.

• 111 results
    Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I would rather have waited two years and had a longer campaign expierence. Oh well. I'll be happy with what they're giving us.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By williamhenry
    @torus said:
    " Also... why are we assuming that they will stop releasing content for L4D 1? And that  L4D2 will be full-cost?

I, for one, am thrilled about more zombie survival.
    "
    L4D2's game page on the Xbox site has the cost listed as $59.99. When has Microsoft ever released a big title like this for anything less than full price?

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft forced Valve's hand with this game. Valve might have wanted to include all of this as free DLC but Microsoft said no, so they decided to release it all at once on a disc instead of charging for 5 batches of DLC. I still won't be buying this game at full price.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By MrKlorox

Way too soon. If this was a download only title for $20, with paid DLC packs I would consider otherwise.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Deusoma
    @AnAnonymousHobo said:
    " It's a bit of a kick in the teeth that they're releasing a sequel so soon when the original is still riddled with glitches and inconsistency's, hopefully  it will be an expansion pack and not a full blown new product, I'd be down with that. "
    Much as I'd agree with that, if that were the case they'd be calling it "Left 4 Dead: The Parrish", not the idiotic "Left 4 Dead 2".
    MiLeSu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MiLeSu

Haven't even played the first one, am I a fool for that? :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

You can totally see how this was probably planned as DLC, then someone somewhere was like "Hey motherfuckers, lets just make this a seperate game, ignore all the mods we're going to blow off, and make more fucking money!"

That, or it's coming out this fall in the "insert colour here" Box with HL2:3.

Amiright

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By williamhenry
    @Deusoma said:
    "
    @AnAnonymousHobo said:
    " It's a bit of a kick in the teeth that they're releasing a sequel so soon when the original is still riddled with glitches and inconsistency's, hopefully  it will be an expansion pack and not a full blown new product, I'd be down with that. "
    Much as I'd agree with that, if that were the case they'd be calling it "Left 4 Dead: The Parrish", not the idiotic "Left 4 Dead 2". "
    How is calling it "Left 4 Dead 2" idiotic? Is calling the Crackdown sequel Crackdown 2 idiotic as well?
    Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@DivineCC said:
    "
    @Deusoma said:
    "
    @AnAnonymousHobo said:
    Much as I'd agree with that, if that were the case they'd be calling it "Left 4 Dead: The Parrish", not the idiotic "Left 4 Dead 2". "
    How is calling it "Left 4 Dead 2" idiotic? Is calling the Crackdown sequel Crackdown 2 idiotic as well? "
    No, because it's been years since the first Crackdown, and Realtime Worlds actually supported the first Crackdown with an expansion pack before even announcing a second one.
    But you never know, Halo 3: ODST was Halo 3 Recon when it was first announced, I can definitely see L4D2 being an expansion on the PC, but knowing Micorosoft it'll be a standalone game on the Xbox for sure.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Deusoma
    @DivineCC said:
    "
    @Deusoma said:
    "
    @AnAnonymousHobo said:
    How is calling it "Left 4 Dead 2" idiotic? Is calling the Crackdown sequel Crackdown 2 idiotic as well? "
    The numbers clash visually. I don't often say this, but that is an ugly title. At least call it "Left 4 Dead II", the disparity between the numeral types amuses me.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Media_Master

Still waiting for the 1st L4D to come to PS3....whenever that will be, a year or 2 later...*sigh*

NicBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By NicBarker

im disappointed theres no new levels for the old one... but on the flipside, I can't wait for the new one now! Its fifty fifty for me!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.