Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Not getting achievements

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

I've completed Dead Center and Dark Carnival on Normal. I played the first one through on split-screen, and the second on online co-op. However, upon completing them I never received an achievement for completion. Anyone else have this same problem, or could i be doing something to mess it up? All other achievements work fine. 

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

I have the achievements, but I've realised that they DON'T MATTER AT ALL. Can anybody help me with that?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Funzzo

I lost all the level achievements after the last update.
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Daryl

I thought I had the achievements but it turned into a Tank. 

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#5  Edited By Savage

There are a couple of (non-obvious) requirements to get the achievements for completing a campaign.  These were present in L4D1 (yet even worse) and they appear to still be there in L4D2.

1. You must start in the lobby (not join mid-game) and not ever leave the game until after the finale is completed
    2. you must be alive at the end of the finale (i.e. in the rescue vehicle and not incap'd)
    3. You must never go idle (that means you can't leave the game for more than a couple minutes, or you'll go idle automatically; also, you can't use the Take a Break button on the menu)

It's possible that there may be additional requirements along these same lines.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.