Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

scary?! surely not!

deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By deathface123

my gf bought me a second controller for my 360 at xmas with the intention to play some co-op games with me. 
    naturally i thought this would be a great oppurtunity to bond over some zombie pwnage on l4d2, and then we encountered the witch...

my gf shrieks, puts the controller down and says 'i dont like this game its too scary!'
    she is the only person i have heard of to be too scared to play l4d2! ive pleaded with her to reconsider and jump back in but she refuses! 
    the only other co-op game i have is mw2 and she doesnt like guns... therefore the spare controller is redundant.
    fail.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @deathface123: Why were you playing Left 4 Dead 2 with your girlfriend when you could be doing more "interesting" stuff with her ; )

Just kidding duder ; )

Yeah, i found some bits of Left 4 Dead were a bit creepy. Not scary, but just a bit creepy. I'm sure that if your girlfriend has not played many games like Left 4 Dead she probably would not be expecting to see a girl sitting crying and eventually growling at her with glowing eyes, and then ripping you up to shreds. 

Although Left 4 Dead 2 consists of mainly, Guns? So if she does not like MW2 for guns, then... :P

Try get a game both of you can enjoy. Like Street Fighter 4? Or Burnout Paradise, or another driving game could drive girls wild.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That takes care of that.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx

The first was a bit scary for me when I first started playing it. No lie.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname
    @deathface123 said: 
    That dude has 2 posts, he's not representative of the community, ignore him.

On another note, how the hell did you even get her to sit down and play a game?
    I'm having a hard enough time to get my gf to play LittleBigPlanet.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I thought the first Left 4 Dead was a little scary when it first came out, but not even close enough to make me stop playing it. My main co-op partner for Left 4 Dead 2 was a girl, and she thought the witch was cool, though a little scary as well.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I actually tried to get my gf to play with me about a month ago. She was not used to using the controller and was looking at the sky. She had on my headphones and when looked down and all the zombies were around her making noises she screamed, threw down my headphones and almost started crying. Girls can be different...

deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deathface123

yeahh its been difficult gettin her to get into gaming. i bought her beautiful katamari and viva pinata: TIP and she loves those two! 
    weve been together 3 years and shes only just getting into gaming! its quite funny rlly but shes obsessed with TIP. 

i did have her a split screen custom match of halo3 and it was hilarious she was looking down at the ground spinning round in circles firing! 
    i find it strange that some people in this world have NEVER played an FPS... but thats cos ive been playing them since i was 6 and im an ubernerd

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JoelTGM

L4D2 is more comedic than scary.  I laugh most of the time I play it.  And how could she be fine with zombies exploding but not a little witch?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't think Left 4 Dead is really supposed to be scary.  It has zombies, but I think it's just supposed to be a fun action game.  It annoys me when people call it a horror game.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By angelkanarias

XDD how could she be scared with that? can't think of a 360 game that is cooperative and that she would like.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By myke_tuna

I'm just looking at my personal library here, but The Simpsons Game was pretty fun co-op with my younger bro. Not to say your girlfriend is like a younger boy, but you know what I mean. I hear the LEGO Star Wars games are cool. You could try those. Castle Crashers is pretty simple and fun. I play that with my brother too. But...nothing else is coming to mind.

Avatar image for smokepinchesback
    SmokePinchesBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmokePinchesBack

The spitter is pretty freaky looking.

http://gza.gameriot.com/content/images/view_320200_1_1248413637.jpg

deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathface123
    @SmokePinchesBack said:
    "The spitter is pretty freaky looking.  http://gza.gameriot.com/content/images/view_320200_1_1248413637.jpg"
    freaky looking? thats the hottest damn bunch of pixels i ever did see... female boomer is a hottie too XD
    Mr_JPeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr_JPeps

Yeah i know the feeling. My g/f HATES L4D2 for the same reason. Dont know what it is, it just gets to some females I guess. She also hated RE5 for the same sorta deal. She was ok with MW2 and the Halos, Gears Freaks her a little but at least she will stay in the room.

PS: She loves Castle Crashers I'd say give that a go.

deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deathface123
    @Mr_JPeps:  yeah man, more females need to play 18 rated titles... i think that a castle crashers sounds like a win. ill give that a go with her! 
    dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dutch42

can't even play L4D when my mrs is around because it stuff like that 'gives her bad dreams', let alone getting a co-op game going. we also had a crack and playing the simpsons game together but it took her so long to do anything that it rapidly became an exercise in frustration.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.