Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Site For Sounds - Left For Dead 2

Avatar image for superintendentchalmers
    SuperIntendentChalmers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I love zombie games. I’ve played most of the Resident Evil series (even the remakes  on gamecube and the light gun games on PSX). I’ve got 2 zombie games on my iPhone: Zombieville USA, and Alive 4 Ever. My brother and I still talk about the 16-bit classic Zombies Ate My Neighbors. At one point I couldn’t stop playing “The Last Stand 2,” a flash zombie game, during work hours. 

I’ll be the first to say that the new king of zombie games is “Left 4 Dead 2.”  Since this is Sight for Sounds, I’d like to point out the magic this game holds in it’s sfx. I don’t think many people know the true power of a head set until you get a game like this. 

Each stage starts off with you gathering weapons. This would probably be is my favorite soundtrack of the game. The music perfectly conveys nature of classic zombie scenarios, where everyone playing prepares for the worse to come. You get the random person amongst the group telling some exposition on what to do or sometimes which is a fan favorite the “Ellis” story. Anyone who has played the game knows the crazy thing he comes up with. Then the reloading everyone’s guns to full capacity along with picking up more ammo. In the meantime you hear the med kit bags opening followed by “I have to patch up” lines by each character.

The best mode to play with a headset is ‘Realism.’ It really helps you keep track of your teammates and know excatly where the monsters are. It’s always awesome to here a boomer gargling his vomit and have a general idea where he might be so you can shoot him. Every player knows, if they can prevent themselves being vomitted on in the game (and in real life) it makes things much easier.

I also noticed when I play with a headset that I seem to get more infected kills. When ever an outbreak of zombies would poor in I knew which entrance they’d be funneling through just by the sounds. It’s always a treat to stop a whole entire horde attacking your teammates ahead of time, by throwing a molotov cocktail in their path. Hearing a flame scatter the ground and live zombies scream in pain, it my sound sick, but it’s a satisfying sound.

Can’t go wrong with a good zombie game and a nice surround sound headset. Valve has always great sound producers for their products. Personally I can’t wait for the new downloadable content.

FAVORITE SOUND: CRICKET BAT

Avatar image for superintendentchalmers
    SuperIntendentChalmers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I love zombie games. I’ve played most of the Resident Evil series (even the remakes  on gamecube and the light gun games on PSX). I’ve got 2 zombie games on my iPhone: Zombieville USA, and Alive 4 Ever. My brother and I still talk about the 16-bit classic Zombies Ate My Neighbors. At one point I couldn’t stop playing “The Last Stand 2,” a flash zombie game, during work hours. 

I’ll be the first to say that the new king of zombie games is “Left 4 Dead 2.”  Since this is Sight for Sounds, I’d like to point out the magic this game holds in it’s sfx. I don’t think many people know the true power of a head set until you get a game like this. 

Each stage starts off with you gathering weapons. This would probably be is my favorite soundtrack of the game. The music perfectly conveys nature of classic zombie scenarios, where everyone playing prepares for the worse to come. You get the random person amongst the group telling some exposition on what to do or sometimes which is a fan favorite the “Ellis” story. Anyone who has played the game knows the crazy thing he comes up with. Then the reloading everyone’s guns to full capacity along with picking up more ammo. In the meantime you hear the med kit bags opening followed by “I have to patch up” lines by each character.

The best mode to play with a headset is ‘Realism.’ It really helps you keep track of your teammates and know excatly where the monsters are. It’s always awesome to here a boomer gargling his vomit and have a general idea where he might be so you can shoot him. Every player knows, if they can prevent themselves being vomitted on in the game (and in real life) it makes things much easier.

I also noticed when I play with a headset that I seem to get more infected kills. When ever an outbreak of zombies would poor in I knew which entrance they’d be funneling through just by the sounds. It’s always a treat to stop a whole entire horde attacking your teammates ahead of time, by throwing a molotov cocktail in their path. Hearing a flame scatter the ground and live zombies scream in pain, it my sound sick, but it’s a satisfying sound.

Can’t go wrong with a good zombie game and a nice surround sound headset. Valve has always great sound producers for their products. Personally I can’t wait for the new downloadable content.

FAVORITE SOUND: CRICKET BAT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.