Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

This is messed up!

Left4deadgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Left4deadgirl

So I was playing with friends in Scavenge and I was the charger and I charged my friend over 80 feet after picking him up and it wont give me the achievement. Is anyone else having this problem? Or am i not doing something right

Left4deadgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Left4deadgirl
    @Tarsier: Thing is though when i charge i dont hit a wall he does stop on his own its really weird. Although lately i have come to point out its glitching a lot for some reason.
    Left4deadgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Left4deadgirl
    @Tarsier: Lucky! I cant seem to get it. The first one i ever got was meat tenderizer or something. As the charger pound some one into the ground for like 15 seconds.
    Seabread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Seabread

This has happened to me. i can only assume the charger has a maximum charge distance with or without survivor, therefore you have to start your charge toward the suvivors when you're quite close. if you start a fair distance away from them (as i did) by the time you've ran toward them and picked one of them up there isn't enough distance left in the charger to carry the survivor over 80 feet.
    try hiding round corners with a clearing opposite you or running round the survivors punching them before charging away with one when your positioning is right. timing is all important with the infected given the 'recharge' time for their special attacks.

Left4deadgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Left4deadgirl

I been trying to do it in Hard rain- Sugarmill behind the water tower and then straight forward is the generator thats way over 80 feet and each time i do it i make sure they come really really close and i pick em up and charge em all the way to that generator but still wont give me it.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mthe1337one

i'd love to try out getting that achievement if the game would stop crashing to desktop whenever i play scavenge mode -___-
     i suppose i should be thankful that my CTD's have ONLY happened while playing scavenge though.  hasn't even happened to me in campaign which is nice.
     now that i think about it though...the CTD's i've been getting were while i was playing on XP.  i need to try playing the game in Win7.

but yeah, i don't remember hearing about this many achievement bugs in L4D1.  hopefully valve will get the problems sorted out soon.  other than that though the game is still totally playable.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

It's not really messed up. It was an error or something, keep trying.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jonnyboy

Some of the achievements in this game are a bit iffy. Especially the ones involving the charger, like the 'melee the charger while he's running' one. Did that 3 times before I got it.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mthe1337one

that one's particularly tricky cuz i'm guessing you also need to take lag into account which means you don't just wait for the charger to get close to you when he's in the middle of the charge.  i think you're supposed to swing your melee weapon ahead of time to compensate for lag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.