What platform will you get L4D2 for?

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
#2 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Pc of course, I meant I need my high resolution, framerates and aim.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

PC, most def.

#4 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

L4D1 was awful on console, especially compared to its perfection on PC. That is a definitive PC shooter, in the good sense. Not like ArmA II ridiculousness.

#5 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I am going to be getting it on 360, but I would rather have it on PC.

#6 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

360. Achievements.  Friends.

#7 Posted by Dalai (7078 posts) -

Going PC only because I'm one of those crazy Giant Bomb members who don't own a 360.

#8 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -

Not getting it until it goes on sale for a good price later on, but PC no competition.

#9 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2178 posts) -

360. All my friends play on it.

#10 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I would get it on PC if my processor was a little faster. 

#11 Posted by Andorski (5374 posts) -

I'm on the "L4D2 is too soon" train, so I'll just rent it to see what's new.  That means it has to be the 360 version.  If I love it that much, I'll pick up the PC version.

#12 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

It has to be the PC version for me, the game feels better for me, the extra content is free and all my (L4D playing) freinds play there.

#13 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

well i will get the PC version if it somehow gets unbanned during my stay in australia

#14 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

360. My PC is a dinosaur as far as gaming is concerned.
 
@unclejohnny79 said:

" well i will get the PC version if it somehow gets unbanned during my stay in australia "
Can you import it or have a friend buy it and send it to you?
#15 Posted by MrGetBonus (784 posts) -

Lol Valve games on a console.

#16 Posted by Emazizing (4 posts) -

I will at some point or another have the momey to purchase this game and it will be purchased for PC because I don't own a 360.
#17 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy said:
" 360. My PC is a dinosaur as far as gaming is concerned.
 
@unclejohnny79 said:
" well i will get the PC version if it somehow gets unbanned during my stay in australia "
Can you import it or have a friend buy it and send it to you? "
i suppose but who am i gonna play against? i lag to much when i dont play people near me, oh well
#18 Posted by drew (126 posts) -
@unclejohnny79 said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" 360. My PC is a dinosaur as far as gaming is concerned.
 
@unclejohnny79 said:
" well i will get the PC version if it somehow gets unbanned during my stay in australia "
Can you import it or have a friend buy it and send it to you? "
i suppose but who am i gonna play against? i lag to much when i dont play people near me, oh well "
I'm in the same boat.  I'm pretty sure the 360 is region locked though.
#19 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

I think I'm in the minority of people who really didn't like Left 4 Dead. But yeah, Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't seem up my alley.

#20 Posted by Jeust (10864 posts) -
@pause422 said:
" Not getting it until it goes on sale for a good price later on, but PC no competition. "
#21 Posted by GHT (164 posts) -

I'm getting it for Super Nintendo, even though I own both Super Nintendo and Genesis.
 
More of my friends will have it on Super Nintendo.

#22 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

Can I get a P!   Can I get a C!

#23 Posted by SolidestChimp (155 posts) -

PC  since i bought a new 1  cant wait for it :)

#24 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

X360... most likely. 
My PC is not much of a superb gaming rig.
#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I am most likely not getting it.  I never played the first one and there are too many other games to play this Fall.  I still have Borderlands, Brutal Legend(which I became way more excitied about after watching the QL of the demo), Assassin's Creed II and, of course. Modern Warfare 2. "
all of those AND l4d2  ;] i never played the first either and planning on buying this one
#27 Posted by Anarchist4Eva (86 posts) -

None of the above. I don't feel like giving any money to Valve. Or Activision at this point.

#28 Posted by Anubis_Dragoon (23 posts) -

Should a laptop with a dual core 2, 2.66hhz processor with 6mb l2 cache,
 4gb of 1033 ram, 
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
and a 1080p screen be adequate enough to manage l4d2, or should I just get it for x360?

#29 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Gonna get it on the 360. We like playing splitscreen online, and besides my PC is a piece of shit, it might as well be called 'the Giantbomb and asian porn machine' (don't worry not at the same time).

#30 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" Pc of course, I meant I need my high resolution, framerates and aim. "
#31 Edited by Kyle (2325 posts) -

360 for me. While I'm tempted by the enhanced graphics and custom maps, when it comes to Left 4 Dead specifically, I just like the feel of playing with a controller and an XBL headset better. Left 4 Dead is a game I like to be able to lean back in a chair while I play, rtaher than hunching over a keyboard.
 
Also, I HATE having to choose multiplayer games from a server list. I like just choosing what kind of game I want to join and hitting the "go" button.
 
And of course, the real thing any multiplayer experience comes down to: My friends will be playing the 360 version as well.

#32 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Well, if I can get XP running on my Mac relatively soon, maybe the PC version.

#33 Posted by Alexander (1724 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @pause422 said:
" Not getting it until it goes on sale for a good price later on, but PC no competition. "
"
Just get 4 like minded people and put down for the 4 pack. Comes to about $33, is that not a good price?
#34 Posted by Mikemcn (7028 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" Pc of course, I meant I need my high resolution, framerates and aim. "
"


Oh how i love my High Res L4D

#35 Edited by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -
@Kyle said:

"Also, I HATE having to choose multiplayer games from a server list. I like just choosing what kind of game I want to join and hitting the "go" button."

 That is how it is on the PC version as well. You select what map, lobbies or games-in-progress, and Difficulty. And then it throws you right in.
 
 
But yeah I've always been a PC guy, though I can understand where people are coming from with the comfort. Though playing l4d so far with a mouse, I wouldn't want to play it with a controller at all..
#36 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

Xbox 360. My PC ain't good enough to run it haha. Also all of my friends play it on the 360... so it just makes sense.

#37 Edited by Jeust (10864 posts) -
@Alexander said:

" @Jeust said:

" @pause422 said:

" Not getting it until it goes on sale for a good price later on, but PC no competition. "
"
Just get 4 like minded people and put down for the 4 pack. Comes to about $33, is that not a good price? "
it is... the problem is getting them. 
 
I know a lot of people... but they don't spend on games, but they play them. :(
#38 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

360, because I don't have a PC capable of playing games

#39 Posted by Kyle (2325 posts) -
@Darkstar614 said:
" @Kyle said:

"Also, I HATE having to choose multiplayer games from a server list. I like just choosing what kind of game I want to join and hitting the "go" button."

 That is how it is on the PC version as well. You select what map, lobbies or games-in-progress, and Difficulty. And then it throws you right in.  But yeah I've always been a PC guy, though I can understand where people are coming from with the comfort. Though playing l4d so far with a mouse, I wouldn't want to play it with a controller at all.. "
Fair enough, that's cool. Still it really comes down to which version my friends will be playing.
 
But I know what you mean about being used to playing with a mouse. For me, it's always about what method I started playing a game with, i.e. I have the 360 version of L4D, so I can't imagine playing it with mouse and keyboard, but because Half-life 1 was on PC, I can't imagine playing any of the Orange Box games with a controller.
#40 Posted by Kyle (2325 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @Alexander said:

" @Jeust said:

" @pause422 said:

" Not getting it until it goes on sale for a good price later on, but PC no competition. "
"
Just get 4 like minded people and put down for the 4 pack. Comes to about $33, is that not a good price? "
it is... the problem is getting them.   I know a lot of people... but they don't spend on games, but they play them. :( "
Hey, get 3 Giant Bombers to split the cost with you!
#41 Posted by Anubis_Dragoon (23 posts) -

I'd be willing to split the cost of a 4 pack on Steam for L4D2, pm if interested.

#42 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

PC. Preordered it and Borderlands today.

#43 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

Gotta go with the 360. All my friends are getting it on the 360 as well. I do wish I had a PC to run it on though.

#44 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

360. I'm one of the people who never played FPS games on PC and learned on a console. Plus the 360 is my primary gaming platform and my computer can barely run WoW at a decent framerate.

#45 Posted by giant_frying_pan (64 posts) -

Both. 
 
360 as I have a larger pool of friends that will get that version and PC for the custom campaigns and modding scene.
#46 Posted by TMThomsen (2083 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" 360. Achievements.  Friends. "
PC. Achievements. Friends.
#47 Edited by Alexander (1724 posts) -
@Jeust: Like someone here said you could find 3 other GB members that you trust to some degree... that's what I did at another forum I post at. And best to do it while there's the 10% off before release. In any case, you could just gift the 3 copies as and when you get paypal'd, it won't be hard to sell them for such a low price.
#48 Posted by nixium (193 posts) -

I'm still torn on this game. PC probably as it will be 10 bucks cheaper and it really is more of a PC shooter.

#49 Posted by roylink (132 posts) -

Both. :) I got both for the original L4D :)

#50 Posted by kingkorn69 (321 posts) -

360 as all friends have but would prefer on the pc!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.