Favorite zombie killing music

#1 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

Mood is everything when killing zombies and although I find the music of the Left 4 Dead series is awesome an atmospheric, but I like putting on other tunes sometimes to umph things up. My current favorite cd to put on to this is Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, mates. 

What do you guys like playing to L4D?

#2 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Muse 

Lightspeed champion  

Florence and the machine  

^_^ 

We need to play together sometime

#3 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -

Yep! If you play the first one...

I don't like to play other tunes, as i like to breed that horror atmosphere.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Jeust said:
 I don't like to play other tunes, as i like to breed that horror atmosphere. "
this. nothing beats a fantastic atmosphere 
#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". Cliched as it is it's still the best music you can have whilst blowing heads off with a shotgun. Ahh.

#6 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

Hold Your Colour - Pendulum. 

Came on by mistake once I was playing the original L4D some months back, with a horde of zombies to handle I left the music play in the background and it actually sounded damn good. Especially with the sounds of hundreds of crying zombies playing a long. 

#7 Posted by rhodric (281 posts) -

Gangsta rap. Try it.

#8 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Absolutely do. You should play with this dude I found while playing L4D2 that has a strikingly similar voice to yours. It's rather eerie, actually.
#9 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

During the times when I want to give myself a disadvantage by not hearing Tank and Witch cues, I'll listen to Ray Conniff's classic " We Wish You A Merry Christmas" album. I've been avoiding it this month, it being appropriate and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.