half as#ed game

#1 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

The whole campaign or whatever feels like a cheap horde. They should make many levels put a story and try to create many different situations. This game is surprising compared to their last game, the orange box, which had so much value.

#2 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I'm sure there are many a post like that, probably ones with more of an argument.
Not to mention it's a year old, and now you complain =/

#3 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

erm you don't need to self censor you know.
fuckity fuck fuck
see

#4 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Just wake up from hibernation?

#5 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I've played Left 4 Dead for over 300 hours and I got the original full 1000 achievements. It's not really a half assed game when you look at all the replay value but I guess that doesn't appeal to everyone.

#6 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

Why on earth would you compare L4D with Orange Box? Same developers hardly constitute a good enough reason to compare those games. That's like comparing Dead Rising to Resident Evil 5...

#7 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

You can swear on the internet, your mum probably isn't going to read it. I know, because she's too busy being fucked, by me.

#8 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -
@mugugipan said:
" ... try to create many different situations. ... "
I think Left 4 Dead has the most 'situations' of any game ever. Go though any level again and you'll be fighting in different locations, using different tactics (as well as the ones they use on you), etc.

@Out_On_Bail said:
" Why on earth would you compare L4D with Orange Box? "
Because he played both of them.
#9 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@Icil said: 
@Out_On_Bail said:
" Why on earth would you compare L4D with Orange Box? "
Because he played both of them. "
And I don't think that is a good enough reason to compare them. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.
#10 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:
" Why on earth would you compare L4D with Orange Box? Same developers hardly constitute a good enough reason to compare those games. That's like comparing Dead Rising to Resident Evil 5... "
This is even worse. He is comparing one game to five full games.
#11 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @Out_On_Bail said:
" Why on earth would you compare L4D with Orange Box? Same developers hardly constitute a good enough reason to compare those games. That's like comparing Dead Rising to Resident Evil 5... "
This is even worse. He is comparing one game to five full games. "
Half-Life 2 and TF2 are really the only full games on the Orange Box.  It's still a great value, but sometimes I think the value is overstated.  Portal, Episode 1 & 2 combined add up to maybe 10 hours of gameplay your first time through.  They're all great experiences, though, obviously.
#12 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -
@ShadowKiller said:
"I've played Left 4 Dead for over 300 hours and I got the original full 1000 achievements. It's not really a half assed game when you look at all the replay value but I guess that doesn't appeal to everyone. "

I completely agree,I've had it since release and  I still sit online most nights with a couple of guys fighting through each campaign. It's different every time and still has some hilarious moments.  
#13 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" @Karmum said:
" @Out_On_Bail said:
This is even worse. He is comparing one game to five full games. "
Half-Life 2 and TF2 are really the only full games on the Orange Box.  It's still a great value, but sometimes I think the value is overstated.  Portal, Episode 1 & 2 combined add up to maybe 10 hours of gameplay your first time through.  They're all great experiences, though, obviously. "
Still, comparing the amount of content from the Orange Box with L4D is kind of ridiculous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.