Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

360 freeze issues

kyleh007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kyleh007

I have the 360 version and i know its not my 360 cause all other games offline and online work just fine no freezes but when i pop in left 4 dead the timing is always different but it'll lock up on a loading screen or in the middle of play (if playing online i get the retrying connection to server) and half the time its so bad my whole console locks up and i have to unplug it (the power button won't work) i have read many other people have this problem and there seems to be no solution (clearing the cache doesnt work for me) anybody have a solution? and im 99% sure its not my connection always at 3 green bars and i have all my ports forwarded with a static ip outside of my dhcp range.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

You should try installing the game to the hard drive if you can, to see if maybe it's a disk problem. That wouldn't really explain the whole console freezing...but worth a shot.

kyleh007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kyleh007

thanks for the tip i already tried that i just don't know what the heck is wrong its ONLY left 4 dead half the time if im lucky i could dashboard it and just get back in and it sucks cause i only have blood harvest to beat on expert and sometimes i'll make it to the finale then just get kicked off (not a kick vote it just says retrying connection to server) and i already called microsoft and they said to exchange the disc and i tried that i just wish there was a solution ive seen so many people talk about it but no solid solution for it has anybodys xbox live been finnicky lately? cause sometimes i'll get booted from live but still be connected to the internet? which i find pretty weird thanks for the reply megalon

kyleh007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyleh007

so yeah i found out clearing my cache sometimes works? but it just could just be coincidence is there any way on the 360 to have a user hosted game? instead of a dedicated server.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

I haven't had any freeze issues with Left 4 Dead, but when the demo was out I did have a decent amount of freezing issues.

Bloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bloy

You're stuck with Valve's servers unless you use system link.  

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MikeydCT

I haven't had any freeze issues only problem I have is getting disconnected from the game. Does that happen often?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush

I would assume that there is a problem with your disc because I have never experienced one problem with freezing. If you moved the 360 at any time while the game was running then you may have ruined your copy of the game...check for rings on your disc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.