Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Everyone sucks online in this game!

• 50 results
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There are no competent people in Left 4 Dead online on the 360. They always stray from the group, they never help people when they're down, etc. I think of all the people I've played Left 4 Dead with, maybe 6 were competent, and 2 of them are family, while another is a friend.

Ridiculous!
    MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MadMatr07

I agree the number of players actually trying to cooperate and survive are very small. It seems like getting a random team of 4 people that work together is near impossible.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

That's because children are playing games they shouldn't be.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Scooper

I play on the PC and have met so many cool people while joining random pub. games and most of them have been thrown on the friends list for when we want to play on expert or want a fun fully-friend versus match.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Rowr

Thats because its not halo.

Play it on the PC.

TranceAdd1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TranceAdd1x

I play with my friend when I can - but otherwise, finding a competent team is rare. Just today, one guy was trying to team kill.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Without sounding like a broken record, play it on the PC.....why?

If you happen to be a member of any Steam Community Group then when you launch L4D you can see any servers hosted / run by said community groups you are a member of. The servers tend to have the same members of those community groups playing on them all the time, so you'll always come across familiar faces if you take time to regularly play on them.

If I can't get anyone on my friends list to join me for some zombie shooting action I play on one of the many servers hosted by a community group I am a member of because atleast there I know a few people and they know me, we're familiar with each other. When finding random players it becomes a free for all that ends badly....usually with a hunter groping Zoey's chest!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Dude, play with Kush and some other kick-ass people on the site. I played with Kush, Systech, and Hendersonman and had one hell of a time doing it, they were all pretty great...Systech did kinda go crazy at the end though.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

I must say that a lot of the randoms on 360 do suck, but not everyone...L4D is just not a game that's meant to be played with randoms, at least in my opinion.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thrawn1

you''ll encounter less of that if you play on expert. but for versus mode, your only option is to vote-ban them.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

Sup. I'm awesome at L4D.

LokiZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LokiZee

I don't suck. I help people up, guard people, heal people, give people pills if they need  'em. You are right about a lot of the jerks who have full health and a med pack and ignore that someone else is in the red. Yer right about the @sshole who runs away from the group and tries to hide in the safe room. These people make me angry. Also, I am VERY VERY sick of the asses who block passages and the elevator in VS.  The good L4D players on 360 should make a guild or something. Anyways, my gamer tag is PaPaLoKi. Let's REALLY  play some L4D. My score on it is 755, and I still haven't tried to make it though an insane campaign, so if someone would like to help me and my friend with that, bring it on.

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Crypto136
    Kush said:
    "I must say that a lot of the randoms on 360 do suck, but not everyone...L4D is just not a game that's meant to be played with randoms, at least in my opinion."

yeah true me and my friends play and since we know our individual skills we get certain people to do certain things
    AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By AvD

I think it's all the people who got it for Christmas flooding the online multiplayer.  Give it a few weeks and the bad players will get tired of it and move on.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "Dude, play with Kush and some other kick-ass people on the site. I played with Kush, Systech, and Hendersonman and had one hell of a time doing it, they were all pretty great...Systech did kinda go crazy at the end though."
    I'd love to, actually. So long as I can play as Soulja Boy.
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hungrynun

I tend to only play with my real zombie team.

The times I do play with a PUG ends up with me desperately trying to help them get through the level while being boomed/pounced/smoked on.

They always target Zoey. Why :'(

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By BlackWaterCO

We'll on behalf of everyone with a life

Sorry we aren't up to your standards, do you want me to call you cheif?

Im just asking because I love it when your mother calls me that!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By breadfan
    BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Yeah, he's being a bitch because he feels like everyone should play by his rules

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain_Fookup

This may seem weird but I play with three girls on verses and we've never lost a match, always raping 2500-4500 to 200-500. Hopefully in the coming months xbox live users will start to comprehend the game a little bit more or the little kids have gone back to playing Galo 3.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

Nothing really weird about that. Anyway, once in a million matches you'll find one or two competent players if you keep looking,(honestly I'd rather have the few idiots you constantly get then running into the ones that want to rush the level, and if you aren't staying 2 inches behind them every single move rushing, they just flip out and scream like a 3rd grader because they think they and only they are the master of this game) but if you can't get your friends to get L4D and play it with you, you definitely will run into a whole lot of shitty people, x10 worse on the 360. Just try to get some people that you know to get the game, and mostly play with them. It's really infinitely more fun than just doing random matches.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Reale

pc suffers from a few people just rushing forward and not using there mics.. so i dont play with them! there is enough locals from my local server playing its perfect to play with them! people of a similar skill and people you "know".

my advice would be play it with friends!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BlackWaterCO said:
    "Yeah, he's being a bitch because he feels like everyone should play by his rules"
    . . . the rules of the game?
    Yeah. Pretty much.

Moron.
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rockanomics

I don't expect anyone to be worth their salt unless it's a group of friends.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187
    PureRok said:
    "That's because children are playing games they shouldn't be."
    /agree  The 360 crowd for this game definitely doesn't live up to the standards needed in order to make the game fun and worthwhile.  A lot of that, I think, is due to the lack of leaderboards.  However, I've quit playing for a while strictly because of cheap bullshit (*points at dumpster-in-front-of-elevator-bullshit*).
    Gotta hate it when stupid people fuck up good games.  =  /
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Kazona

I don't have L4D so going into this topic is kinda pointless for me, but at least it helped me make the decision which version to get. Cheers!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
    Kazona said:
    "I don't have L4D so going into this topic is kinda pointless for me, but at least it helped me make the decision which version to get. Cheers!"
    Which version is that?
    Either you get the 7-year-olds that are taking a break from playing WoW...
    ...or the 7-year-olds taking a break from playing Halo 3.

In the end, you get about a 65-70% chance of teaming with retards regardless of which version you get.  The definitive way of deciding comes down to this question:

Do you wanna pay for DLC?
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shadow

haven't you noticed?  About 90% of the people on any game are absolutely terrible, you just don't notice it much because there are so few games that rely so heavily on teamwork (not just in a killcount, but actual teamwork)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
    Shadow said:
    "haven't you noticed?  About 90% of the people on any game are absolutely terrible, you just don't notice it much because there are so few games that rely so heavily on teamwork (not just in a killcount, but actual teamwork)"
    Well, here's a real test for you:  name three other games that require as much teamwork on 360 as Left 4 Dead requires.  =  /  That's kind of the issue, and I'm glad you point it out.  L4D is the first real game to hit the console that is offering up some form REAL teamwork needs in order to really excel at it.  Hell, in CoD4, even playing on teams can come down to one or two people carrying the whole game.  Here, no one person can carry the entire thing (as far as I've seen).

So unfortunately, there are a lot of people that look at their rankings on CoD and Halo and Gears and whatnot and say "hey, I'm a badass" and then continually die in L4D and get their team squashed, and they can't blame it on themselves when they are the problem.  Eventually, they'll either get sick of the trash talk and weep in their pillows (which I hope will happen far more often) or they'll just keep coming in and getting squashed.

All I know...is that when me and my "zombie team" get together...we make people leave servers in the first 10-20% of the first map.  It's kind of shitty, because there's no penalty for them leaving and ruining the game.  Just because we excel at the game through good teamwork and knowing the fucking map, I don't see why we should be punished because some fucktards can't hang with us.  =  /

I also think they need to offer a much higher difficulty setting on the AI in Versus mode.  Everything being set to how well the team does is great and all, but there needs to be a much steeper curve on that and a faster recognition of good gameplay.  Ranking systems and stat tracking could help make that work better, but what the hell do I know?  I didn't build the game.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Naughton

I agree with the poster. Team killing, dumpster/ generator blocking, and early quitting are running rampant. I just play something else if none of my friends are on L4D, which sucks, but its better than the alternative.

XBL: Naughton

kyleh007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyleh007

yeah i know the feeling some guy came into my lobby started screaming and stuff i told him to settle (thats it didnt curse or anything) next thing i know were starting he grabs a shotty calls me a noob (we were playing on expert so one shotty shot downs ya) and then he said "im allowed to scream" then shot me with the shotty downed me my team mate tried to help me (hes on my friends list) so the guy shot him too then killed us both and he had a friend in the game together me and my friend tried to vote kick him and his friend rejected the vote so it was 2-2 for the vote so i just went back to the main menu i hate when i try to play games on xbox live and i get a bunch of prepubescent kids who think theyre cool for team killing i was anti social and had a horrible view of xbox live for awhile because of it (i used to just play on my girlfriends account) so yeah OP i agree lol

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By granderojo
    Kush said:
    "I must say that a lot of the randoms on 360 do suck, but not everyone...L4D is just not a game that's meant to be played with randoms, at least in my opinion."

I like it when people suck on my team, it allows me to build up my own skills for the game, I constantly get told I rock at this game by the constant randoms.  The only problem I get is dumbasses running in front of my fire, that is the only reason I have given up playing the game on expert on live, 1 to 2 shots friendly fire knocks you down.  As much as fuckers run infront of me, it is so irriatating.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

chances are its you
    believe it or not, to stay together, you cant always be the leader

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dauragon

Yeah I never have fun playing this game if its not with my ZOMBIE TEAM.

If my friends aren't online when I boot up, I usually just go find something else to play. :D

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Player1

My experience playing with people whom aren't my friends has been terrible.

Crzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Crzza

I'm pretty good, but yes, alot of people suck. They don't freaking listen.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By suneku

that's the life of online gaming, just gotta live with it.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Osaladin

I haven't grouped with skilled players in versus (xbox live) for a very long time. Too bad my friends don't play.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By teh_destroyer

I am not great but i am not bad at it either,I run into a bunch of idiots online also.But every now and then I join a group of 3 that hand me 3 hours worth of fun for the night,but that also doesn't happen very often either.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheFreeMan

I dunno, most people I play online seem pretty competent. They generally help/stick with the group.

It's even better if you play on higher difficulties. I had a blast on Advanced because not only was I playing with good players, I was playing with people who had a sense of humor.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Snail

Probably just another horde of 12 year olds infesting xbox live.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shadow

Goddamnit, I'm tired of people being bad at my selected video gaming franchise!  Everyone who plays *insert any game here* is terrible at it!

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Welcome to Xbox Live. =D But seriously, PC is where it is at. I almost never have retarded teammates, and when I do they usually get a swift kick from the server.

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Neorub

I would love to get with some good survivors and try to get through the game on Advanced and Expert.
    Hit me up on 360 if interested
    XBL:  Neorub

MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MacGoesZoom

I also hate playing online. people not only are Jerks but they cheat.. No mercy is no longer fun. I prefer to play LAN party with all my friends.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zityz

I play on the PC and I've come across a lot of people who get the concept of teamwork, more importantly FRENDLY FIRE IS OFF!
    It's amazing how some people can't grasp the fact that the shotty vsFF doesn't go over so well, unless you know that you need to be a front runner with that thing.

The other problem with a game like this is that every other game team based or not is an everyman for themselves type deal, so it's like trying to teach an old dog a new trick or trying to teach the dog the trick the right way.

Lastly, ducking is your friend:) and so is louis*thumbs*

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I play well with friends, but the game is getting stale, so me and my friend are sometimes dicks to people who piss us off, or just rush ahead so we can play as the zombies as fast as possible. Playing with humans is really only fun when you've got a bunch of people you know.

lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lodar011

Me and a friend were playing a game of versus on No Mercy and our 2 teammates were on the same Xbox.  When it was our turn to play as the zombies, as soon as the round started both of them RAN TO THE ENDING SAFE ROOM AND CROUCHED THERE WAITING FOR THE SURVIVORS.  Me and my friend starting yelling at them to attack the survivors instead of just standing around doing nothing. 

By the time they got to the stairs going down to the safe room, me and my friend had killed 3 of them.  The last guy made a run at the safe room, where the punced on them and killed them.  It kills me because it actually ended up working even when it shouldn't have and they probably thought they were so smart for doing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.