Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Left 4 Dead on the ps3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

That article was created in August, and the rumor has since been debunked numerous times by the big guys at Valve. Don't get your hopes up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it was, sorry about that I`m not usually the one to jump and post shit but I did.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Optiow

Well if they do it, it will be awesome. But I think it is best on the PC.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Qorious

I think I saw that article a few months ago. And then Valve went out and said that they WILL not make a PS3 version of Left 4 Dead.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Subway
    Optiow said:
    "Well if they do it, it will be awesome. "
    Sorta like the orange box was? :-P
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    BoG said:
    "That article was created in August, and the rumor has since been debunked numerous times by the big guys at Valve. Don't get your hopes up."
    Never say never right?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is probably the third party developed game that has the least chance to ever show up on the PS3.
    Valve's hate for the PS3 is almost palatable. I've got this vision in my head of Gabe Newell slamming their machines with sledgehammers the way he talks about it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince
    TeflonBilly said:
    "This is probably the third party developed game that has the least chance to ever show up on the PS3.
    Valve's hate for the PS3 is almost palatable. I've got this vision in my head of Gabe Newell slamming their machines with sledgehammers the way he talks about it."
    Really? I wasn't aware of his hate? What kind of stuff does he say?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's mentioned it in interviews and at GDC with John Carmack how the programming architecture is way too ass backwards (Remember these two are huge PC programmers so they probably already think it's beneath them to program for consoles to begin with let alone something which is so far away from what they've borderline perfected).
    Hence why Valve barely put a finger on the PS3 version of Orange Box and just told EA "Fuck you, just release it and give us our money, we don't give a shit about the framerate"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"In 2007 Gabe has openly expressed his displeasure over developing his software for gaming consoles,(more commonly) the PlayStation 3. In regards to the PS3, Newell was once quoted as claiming that developing processes for the console in general is "a waste of everybody's time"and "a disaster on many levels ... I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it "

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

So get over it, hes just another person with an opinion, just like anyone on this site. No one as to agree with it.

As far as will L4D ever come out on the PS3, I'ts very doubtful, because even though EA handled the port of the Orange Box and it got out, I'm pretty sure Valve has made it clear they are not even going to allow that to be done. They have stated since then, Valve I mean, that since the PS3 has done better they would have to start taking it seriously and start developing for it. However they said that for future things, and made it clear it wasn't happening for L4D.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Carmack and Gabe Newell are not just another person in this industry.
    We're not talking about regular code monkeys here, these are heads of some of the most talented, influential and pioneering studios out there.
    Sony has to start getting into these people's good graces so PS3 owners can get to enjoy their stuff.
    Even though I'm not particularly excited about the game, I'm elated that Rage is at least getting a chance at a PS3 version.
    Unfortunately, Left 4 Dead seems highly unlikely.

Imagine if Shigeru Miyamoto actually told us that he feels that the Wii's technical deficiencies is stifling his vision for the nest Mario so He's making a new platformer for the Playstation 3. I know it's an extreme example, but if Sony doesn't improve their relationships outside their in-house studios, peeple aren't gonna see it as that much a of a viable platform. I mean, who other than fanboys want a new Dreamcast on their hands? I fucking loved that system, but seeing the exodus of third party developers was sad when you were left tehre at the end with Capcom and Sega desperately performing CPR on it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

That's exactly the problem though, the way you are looking at these people. Its the exact thing they hate. People like John and Gabe say shit like that all the time, they want to be able to express their opinion on something just like ANY other person is free to do, especially on the internet. But since like you're doing, people put their names so high above anyone else stating something, its taken so seriously. I know what they've done, I know who they are, and I respect them greatly, and as far as being talented and doing a ton for the gaming industry in general, they deserve to be recognized for such. However just stating their own opinion on something, and it being made into such a big deal, as if it's any different then one of us GB forum users posting it, is exactly what people like them hate. They aren't the kind of people to say something just because they hope it goes on record, they would like to have their own opinions just like anyone else does.

As far as that last statement, its already been proven the PS3 is a viable platform for games, just like the 360 is. Besides the awful port of The Orange Box, neither a single Valve or ID game was on the PS3 to begin with from the start, and it isn't somehow suffering because of it. You said it yourself, Rage is coming out on everything, so there you go. Valve (as I stated in my above post) has also mentioned they are going to take the PS3 seriously oncoming, and probably put their games on everything moving forward, just that won't happen for L4D.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get what you're saying about the cult of personality. I wouldn't want us to go back to the rockstar developer era of Ion Storm and such.
    And if it was an offhand comment about how they don't care for said system, I wouldn't pay it much mind. But specifically when it comes to Valve, I worry about this supposed disdain for the PS3 which seems to permeate whenever the discussion about them and the PS3 arises. And Carmack and Newell have never overtly bullshitted me in the past, I like to take their word over say Peter Molyneux or whoever.

Sure, it doesn't help that douchebags like me feed into it at times, but underneath all the bullshit is a nugget of truth. I just have a wee bit of sympathy that PS3 owners probably won't get the awesome that is L4D. And though I have no doubt that Half Life 2: Episode 3 will be released for the PS3, I am a bit worried about the amount of care which will be put in it. I'm set, I got a Steam on my comp and a 360 as well as my PS3, but it sets a bad precedent in these already trying times for the PS3. No matter how you slice it, the PS3 *IS* suffering more than it should and having ID or Valve make extra sure that their stuff is kickass, if at least not on par with their counterparts would help.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lieutenant
    TeflonBilly said:
    "This is probably the third party developed game that has the least chance to ever show up on the PS3.
    Valve's hate for the PS3 is almost palatable. I've got this vision in my head of Gabe Newell slamming their machines with sledgehammers the way he talks about it."
    Kind of biased since he worked at Microsoft more than a decade and then went on to be famous for developing Windows based games.

But I see where he's coming from in this interview (about mid-way threw)
    . Edit: Fuck I can't remove the 2nd video.
    Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Teh_Eel

If Left 4 Dead sells well on the 360, then I can see a ps3 version being made as its more money in the bank.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gameboi

I'm still waiting on Dead Rising to get ported over. In other words, I would't get my hopes up yet, if I were you.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19  Edited By JamesF

They definitely prefer the 360 over at Valve.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Keeng

I strongly doubt it'll happen. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By chililili
    JamesF said:
    "They definitely prefer the 360 over at Valve."
    I think they dislike all consoles, think about how long the orange box has been released on the 360, where are the updates that the computer version has? I think Valve just does stuff for the pc, saw the consoles as a way to gain money released their orange box on the 360 since it was easier to program than the ps3, and outsourced the ps3 version. Same thing with L4D except they didn't even consider a ps3 version, they just thought they would get a lot of flak for a crappy port (which would have happened) so didn't release. Valve will not support the 360 or the ps3 truly ever, because they believe that being PC guys makes them above being a console developer. And thats why I dislike them a lot, because other than that they make very solid games, but they shouldn't be making half assed console ports and then leaving them out to dry (both in 360 and ps3).
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lieutenant
    Teh_Eel said:
    "If Left 4 Dead sells well on the 360, then I can see a ps3 version being made as its more money in the bank."
    It already is selling well, it has excellent word of mouth and the 360 version was one of the best selling games last month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.