Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Speculation about L4D DLC

• 61 results
    mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mussbus999

What is everyone's opinion on what the DLC will contain? New weapons, Bosses, Levels? If so, what, where, who?!

Speculate people!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Well, they've mentioned that Dead Air and Death Toll will be opened up for Versus play, so given that they stated that, it doesn't seem like new levels/maps/etc would end up being an option for a bit.  However, it would be the one thing any of us wanted.

Bosses?  Well, they could add something else to it, and given that we'll have four campaigns for versus finally, it would mean we could possibly use one more.  However, how would that shift the balance of everything in the game?

Weapons?  Eh.  I'm fine with the weapons that are in the game.  I honestly like the minimalist approach that they've taken in this area, and the addition of any other weapons might just make it a little less focused.

To be honest, levels are about all we really need...for the rest of eternity.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By bwooduhs

New levels ar the most obvious option and i really don't see them adding new weapons.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Systech

Of course the ability to play Versus on Dead Air and Death Toll but also, I'm guessing a new movie, some new characters, and a few new weapons.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By c1337us

As Jakob187 mentioned, I think the current weapons are fine the way the are without making changes to the ones currently available or new additions. For me some new scenarios would keep me satisfied. I guess you could use new scenario locations as a way of introducing a new boss zombie variety but even that wouldnt be necessary for my liking.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7  Edited By the8bitNacho

I honestly don't care at all about DLC at this point.  What I really want is for that Crossroads Shopping Mall from Dawn of the Dead (2004 re-make) to hurry up and be released!

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dsplayer1010

I think there will be zombies

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By breadfan
    dsplayer1010 said:
    "I think there will be zombies"

No Way
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
    Br3adfan said:
    "jakob187 said:
     it doesn't seem like new levels/maps/etc would end up being an option for a bit.  However, it would be the one thing any of us wanted.

Who is to say that part of this new content package doesn't have any new scenarios?  I mean lack of content is about the only problem many people have with the game and Valve is good with keeping games alive with new updates and such.  We'll all just have to wait and see, but if they charge Xbox 360 users for the ability to play all four scenarios in versus mode, that is simply lame."

By all means, they could put in new scenarios, but the thing is that with Versus, we are already getting what is essentially two new movies with Dead Air and Death Toll...so do they release a new movie as DLC and offer it for both campaign and Versus?  I don't know.  I would think that they'd offer up Dead Air and Death Toll as a free update to the game (at least I'm hoping that is what they'll do)...then they offer something ADDITIONAL to the game rather than just a new level, new bosses, new character skins, whatever the hell they add.

I mean, there are all kinds of crazy options that they could put on here.  Just imagine what Horde mode could be like on this!!!  I mean, sure, I guess the campaign could essentially be considered Horde mode...but seriously...50 waves of zombie intruders while you are pinned in a house?  Can you get any more Night of the Living Dead than that?

And even better would be if they got Romero's permission to use the same exact house that was in the original NotLD!!!

Wow, I think I just jizzed in my pants from that idea!!!
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dsplayer1010
    Br3adfan said:
    "dsplayer1010 said:
    "I think there will be zombies"

No Way"
    It's just a theory I have

But in all seriousness, I think they'll just add new campaigns
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Reale

SDK

goldenmnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenmnk

they will release the zombie spirit of levio91 (they killed him after he kept sending them emails)

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bwooduhs said:
    "New levels ar the most obvious option and i really don't see them adding new weapons."
    ya, the weapons are fine, i would like to see more mades avalible for versus, and im sure not right away, but id like to see some more maps!!goldenmnk said:
    "they will release the zombie spirit of levio91 (they killed him after he kept sending them emails)"
    LOLhe would be like the witch, crawling around saying things like "..bottle caps in fallout 3 bottles were my idea! mount and blade is a really good game!" and if you startle him he goes all crazy.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scooper

SDK

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
    Br3adfan said:
    "

jakob187 said:

it doesn't seem like new levels/maps/etc would end up being an option for a bit.  However, it would be the one thing any of us wanted.

Who is to say that part of this new content package doesn't have any new scenarios?  I mean lack of content is about the only problem many people have with the game and Valve is good with keeping games alive with new updates and such.  We'll all just have to wait and see, but if they charge Xbox 360 users for the ability to play all four scenarios in versus mode, that is simply lame.

"
    It's not "they", its up to microsoft. So if you get charged money on 360 for any of that, don't blame Valve.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By mracoon

I think a level where they're in a prison would be quite cool and creepy.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kush

They have mentioned new "boss" infected and I would like to see some new ones. All I really want is more levels honestly. I don't need more weapons or anything like that...just more levels.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By breadfan
    pause422 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    "

jakob187 said:

Who is to say that part of this new content package doesn't have any new scenarios?  I mean lack of content is about the only problem many people have with the game and Valve is good with keeping games alive with new updates and such.  We'll all just have to wait and see, but if they charge Xbox 360 users for the ability to play all four scenarios in versus mode, that is simply lame.

"
    It's not "they", its up to microsoft. So if you get charged money on 360 for any of that, don't blame Valve."
    The 'they' was referring to Microsoft in the first place
    mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mussbus999

A prison level or some sort of asylum level would be badass!

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crypto136

what if it was zombie dogs or somethin cause in one safe room where it tells u what to do if you think ur infected and it says stay away from people, and someone went and wrote "And Pets"

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Player1

I hope for all three. Weapons enemies levels. It really is what the game is lacking. It would truly benefit from some new content.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By breadfan
    Fragstoff said:
    "guns I'd like to see - AK, p90, silenced pistol, deagle, flamethrower (implemented well, maybe a mounted in a new level, or limited ammo/heavy?)
    I think those may be limited considering, you know it being the zombie apocalypse. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

My "theys" all refer to Microsoft and not Valve.  Valve is great about giving out content to players.  Microsoft, on the other hand, wants to get paid for their bandwidth.

However, if the Versus mode being available for Dead Air and Death Toll aren't a free update or free DLC, it's absolute bullshit...end of story.  I mean, Conquest mode was free on Battlefield: Bad Company, as well as the map pack.  The Fourplay pack was free on Crackdown.  We're talking about a mode that was already shipped on the disc, with maps that were already shipped on the disc.  The idea that Microsoft would consider charging for that alone just pisses me off, period...the same way it pisses me off to think that they are going to charge for character class rebalances on TF2!!!

All I need is Versus for the four maps on disc, and I'll be playing it for a long time to come.  Those four maps are incredibly well made, and they NEVER get boring for me.  If they added new maps, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all, but I'm already satisfied plenty with the game.  I don't feel like there is a huge lack of content.  I mean, you have to look at the fact that there are 20 frickin maps on the disc...just that it's 5 per campaign, and they aren't very long.  Regardless, it's no different than a 10 frag match on any DM-style multiplayer game.  =  /

So, all that is just for me to say this:  as long as the Versus update is free, I'm not going to really complain at all.
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25  Edited By granderojo

Lets just say there will be blood, violence and Gary Busey  will make an appearance.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Jecrell

Things I'd like to see

• New achievements and a player leveling system with unlockable bonuses
    • New game mode, survival: Survive as long as you can against an ever-increasingly difficult horde, eventually fight tons of zombie bosses, tanks included.
    • New game mode, classic: Survive against classic style zombies, if you are bitten you will turn into a zombie yourself, zombies only die from head shots and are slow, low ammunition and players have to search for weapons rather than find benches.
    • New zombie boss: Warlock, can turn a female zombie into a witch and dies, also uses a bite that if hits players gives them a sickness that makes them slow (good counter for runners .
    • Zombie control while waiting to spawn as Infected
    • Zombie dogs/animals
    • New weapons randomly spawning around in levels
    • Make bots pick up molotovs/pipebombs and use them if everyone else has them.
    • Melee-oriented non-tank boss zombie
    • Alternative Tank boss
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422
    Jecrell said:
    "Things I'd like to see
    • New achievements and a player leveling system with unlockable bonuses
    • New game mode, survival: Survive as long as you can against an ever-increasingly difficult horde, eventually fight tons of zombie bosses, tanks included.
    • New game mode, classic: Survive against classic style zombies, if you are bitten you will turn into a zombie yourself, zombies only die from head shots and are slow, low ammunition and players have to search for weapons rather than find benches.
    • New zombie boss: Warlock, can turn a female zombie into a witch and dies, followed by a shorter spawning period as a new boss.
    • Zombie control while waiting to spawn as Infected
    • Zombie dogs/animals
    • New weapons randomly spawning around in levels
    • Make bots pick up molotovs/pipebombs and use them if everyone else has them.
    • Melee-oriented non-tank boss zombie
    • Alternative Tank boss
    "
    yeah, I'd say you're pretty alone here for some of that......L4D isn't the kind of game that works well with unlockable weapons or leveling, its just not designed that way, and tacking it on would completely ruin it. the rest is pretty understandable, though not sure about the typical zombie dogs...kinda over it.
    Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jecrell
    pause422 said:
    yeah, I'd say you're pretty alone here for some of that......L4D isn't the kind of game that works well with unlockable weapons or leveling, its just not designed that way, and tacking it on would completely ruin it. the rest is pretty understandable, though not sure about the typical zombie dogs...kinda over it."
    I'm not saying giving more health or better damage in the traditional RPG sense if that's what you mean. It's kind of a meta achivement system, and if everyone was able to get the same unlockable bonuses, whatever they may be, they'd be balanced alternatives in the Team Fortress 2 sense. You have people playing Call of Duty WaW grinding for levels and unlocks in that manner as well. It'd be another way to keep people playing the game. But to be honest I'd rather see everybody's list than to have all of mine implemented in the first place.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zereta

New Versus Maps. A New Campaign or two. The Flamethrower that they promised on G4.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pibo47

I say add a new gamemode. Add some new maps and weapons, and maybe some new bosses...maybe.

commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By commodore64

I think it will be a completely open city environment  which offers up a full on MMO survival horror experience set in the left for dead world.
    P.S I know I'm wrong but wouldn't it be awesome?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pause422
    Zereta said:
    "New Versus Maps. A New Campaign or two. The Flamethrower that they promised on G4."
    That was not an actual "promise" to anyone. Especially something said on G4, which pretty much everyone realizes is a joke.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By PerryVandell

Dead Air and Blood Harvest on versus I believe is really all that's been confirmed. I would like a missile launcher just for the hell of it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pause422

They've said a new scenario(or scenarios) plus Dead Air/Death Toll on Versus now playable, just nothing more specific than that.

HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HockeyJohnston

Pri-son Le-vel! Pri-son Le-vel!

theglobe88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By theglobe88

The ability to play as Chicago Ted.

I hear no zombie is safe from him.
    theglobe88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By theglobe88

Also, imagine these levels:

1. Carnival level, with one of the crescendo moments being you have to start the roller coaster, and hold off the horde as it starts up, then ride it to the next area. During the finale, you wait for a chopper to evac you from above ground with a ladder, because there is no helipad. You have to wait for him near the carousel, and when he arrives, you get on.

2. HIgh School level. one crescendo is the team has to activate the fire alarm to open up an exit door. Finale is waiting for a guy in a RV to pick you up, you defend your self in the Cafeteria.

3. A big shopping center (think outdoor mall). one crescendo moment is the team having to break into a store to get through it, setting off the alarm. Finale is waiting for a family (including kids) to pick you up with their school bus (homage to Dawn of the Dead) and you defend yourself in the Parking lot.

Those levels would PWN
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Emilio

All I need is some more levels + story. I don't think new weapons or enemies would really add anything to the game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pause422

Its lack of "story" is there by design, and for a reason in the way the game is made, it doesn't need more story at all. They give you the information that's there and that's all thats meant to be there. The way the characters are all very charismatic and alive, and the writing on the walls is the way you interpret the story, and how you want to think the zombie apocalypse may have went down. If they suddenly gave a bunch of story to all of it, it would totally ruin the way the game is supposed to be. I mean , its a zombie game, it doesn't really need story in the first place.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jecrell

Visiting the origin of the infection would be good fun, perhaps a science lab or military bunker with the beta versions of the infected in test tubes and the like.

Odiumlives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Odiumlives

IMO, I don't think a Flamethrower would be a good idea..Just imagine the friendly-fire factor for that...Unless it's mounted (similar to the Turret gun)..then it'd be awesome. I wouldn't mind another ranged special infected, OR the ablilty to have more than one smoker at a time (but limited to 2..i think 3 smokers would be over kill). I feel they need to work on the whole "can't spawn enemies can see you" thing.. like if i'm behind a bush i should be able to spawn..I was playing the other day and i couldn't spawn behind a truck trailor because my feet were visible..that's just rediculas. I think they should bring new weapons such as the AK, and p-90 but it should vary depending on the map.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I just really hope they don't charge and go the Burnout Paradise route.  Does the game have replayability?  Sure.  But it simply doesn't have enough content.  I got it via Gamefly so I can't complain too much but it's just not worth $60 in its current state.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    Reale said:
    "SDK"
    Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Log
    theglobe88 said:
    The ability to play as Chicago Ted.
    I hear no zombie is safe from him.

1. Carnival level, with one of the crescendo moments being you have to start the roller coaster, and hold off the horde as it starts up, then ride it to the next area. During the finale, you wait for a chopper to evac you from above ground with a ladder, because there is no helipad. You have to wait for him near the carousel, and when he arrives, you get on.
    Chicago Ted is the shit!!!!!!!!!!

Also i think the carnie lvl would be better if it was like an old style carnival that traveled by railway and you had to use the train to get out. Think about it, one person has to throw coal into the fire while the others watch his back.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dsplayer1010

You think they'll have to charge for it on the 360 version?

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KnifeySpoony

If they mentioned zombie animals, maybe they'll have AI controlled dogs? They could be similar to hunter pounces but are just really fast on the ground rather than jumping around.

But honestly, because it is a given we all want versus for the other two maps, if they added a mall/jail/asylum/ scenario that would be awesome.
    Also have some more dedicated servers.

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Log
    Jecrell said:
    "Visiting the origin of the infection would be good fun, perhaps a science lab or military bunker with the beta versions of the infected in test tubes and the like."
    I dont remember where i read it but the infection is like some advanced version of the rabies disease. So if i had to guess the origin isnt in some lab with test tubes but some dog got it and then bit someone.

Also I prefer not knowing where the hell it came from, its more realistic that way. Survival is all that matters, these are just ordinary people trying to survive because thats all there is to do.

Edited for redundancy.
    Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Will1Lucky
    dsplayer1010 said:
    "You think they'll have to charge for it on the 360 version?"

Probably, Microsoft have the final say after all.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dsplayer1010

Ugghh...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Endogene

No body wants a chainsaw?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.