Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Stragglers and how we hate them.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Light_Geiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Light_Geiger

Amen brother, people need to curb the "lone wolf" syndrome in order to get anywhere in this game. IT'S COOPERATIVE FOR A REASON!!

Sorry for the yelling but, it frustrating when you can tell someone just got done playing Halo and tries to play this the same way. (complete with bunny hopping.....)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

What's annoying to me on top of that is everyone tries to shoot every zombie! When there's 1 or 2 rushing towards me, I can perfectaly handle that, but the guy behind just HAS to try and shoot it aswell and do a fair amount of friendly fire in the process. It's just not needed.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

I hate it when someone doesn't talk, but there is nothing wrong with seraching every single room! I've saved my time plenty of times becuase I found a lone medkit or pipebomb hiding in an obscure corner.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hamz

I hate stragglers and they cause more problems for a team than someone rushing on ahead. Infact i've found in the Versus mode as survivors the best tactic is to all rush ahead together, shoot whatever gets infront of you and ignore the rest.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

Are you playing on the PC or Xbox 360? I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't talking on the PC, but the Xbox 360? That would be very disappointing!

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rockanomics

I only play with people I know on a Ventrillo server, I can't imagine random peeps on your team.

And if somone's screwing with you that much just leave them 4 dead, they'll learn to keep up quick.

Although the bleed out does take foooorever some times.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Lunarbunny

Funny thing is the dumbass that has to scare the witch every time is always some guy on the opposite team in Versus for me. At least if you listen to commentary they mention that originally the witch would attack everybody until she died but now she just attacks the person that startles her.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Are you playing on the PC or Xbox 360? I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't talking on the PC, but the Xbox 360? That would be very disappointing!"
    9/10 times everyone in the game on PC has a mic as well.....honestly I rarely notice people that don't have mics at all, they either are just choosing to not talk for some reason but listening, or talking. Almost all of valves games I've played online on PC people are very good with mics.
    Avatar image for chromaticpanther
    ChromaticPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By ChromaticPanther

There are lots of people on Live that don't use their mics... I don't understand why they don't. Did they discard their mic when they bought there XBox? Perhaps thinking it was just some random extra cords that they didn't understand? I mean there is no good reason to be completely silent the whole game. Especially when the mic-less people are one of the stragglers, that pretty much means an unsuccessful campaign right there.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

Ugh, stragglers.  I know that a lot of them are guys that are new to the game, but seriously, if they haven't rolled through the campaign a few times, then that's just stupid on their part.

HTTenrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By HTTenrai
    Hamz said:
    "I hate stragglers and they cause more problems for a team than someone rushing on ahead. Infact i've found in the Versus mode as survivors the best tactic is to all rush ahead together, shoot whatever gets infront of you and ignore the rest."
    I can rationalize running ahead a little because if we're close to the exit, doing so A: might net us some survival points to help edge out the competition, and B: might encourage the other players to hurry the hell up, but I won't do it unless I have a clear line to the exit. It has worked a couple times...though it should be said, runners are my favorite victims when I'm Infected. Nothing like tasty, tasty double-standards, eh?

Honestly, I just want competent teammates, win or lose. I rarely get my wish, and it disappoints me.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Out_On_Bail

i think it has something to do with the fact that some people are not ready to play on expert.   They think they are ready for it, but quickly bail out when shit hits the fan.  Hopefully people will realize that staying in a group  close together, is not optional.  Backtracking is forbidden, especially for more ammo.   I love it when someone runs back 100 yards across the street, up the stairs and in the room, for 40 bullets that are in another room where we were headed.  

All the same, I love this game.  Look forward to playing some later this evening after classes.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoG
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Are you playing on the PC or Xbox 360? I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't talking on the PC, but the Xbox 360? That would be very disappointing!"
    I've been blown away by how few people talk in L4D on the 360. I swear, every other game people talk too much, in L4D, they don't talk enough.
    HTTenrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By HTTenrai
    BoG said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    I've been blown away by how few people talk in L4D on the 360. I swear, every other game people talk too much, in L4D, they don't talk enough."
    Yeah, I'm just as stumped. That's why I usually assemble a team myself, though this notion COULD carry over to every other person out there playing.
    Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Prime20
    jakob187 said:
    "Ugh, stragglers.  I know that a lot of them are guys that are new to the game, but seriously, if they haven't rolled through the campaign a few times, then that's just stupid on their part."
    Maybe they did roll through ti they just dont get that your supposed to keep moving. Ive played with people who have all the achievements for finishing campaigns but they still want to hold up in some office and try to fight everything off, only to get downed by a hunter while we're miles away.

The only thing worse than stragglers are the guys that wont heal you. I'll be standing there on my last leg in the red bleeding out and the dude next to me will be 98 and green and wont heal me for shit. Then complains when i g oaround a corner and a horde of zombies tears me apart.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HTTenrai said:
    "BoG said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    I've been blown away by how few people talk in L4D on the 360. I swear, every other game people talk too much, in L4D, they don't talk enough."
    Yeah, I'm just as stumped. That's why I usually assemble a team myself, though this notion COULD carry over to every other person out there playing."

Well that's rather disappointing!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I get stuck with quiet folks, I'll try to stick by them if they're doing well enough, but the minute they fuck up and continue to be silent, I ditch 'em. I've got better things to do with what little free time I have.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Whenever I host I wait till the game is full of friends and acquaintances. If and when there is room for a random and any join without a mic they get the boot simple as that no questions asked.

cosmothehound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cosmothehound

no rushing is the worst. our team kills all zombies. and we let the supers respawn. because were so close we will take out a super without having any damage done to us.

something that is even. worse is people who hold down LT the whole time to punch hunters all the time. its so frustrating as a hunter to get punched randomly when the dont even see you.

Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ichi

I was in a few rounds of L4D on 360 where people didn't talk but the majority of the games are full of talkers.  What I hate is when people whine that people aren't talking ALL THE TIME.  WTF, I just said something a minute ago, why do I have to keep talking when there's nothing to say.  There's been like 3 different times where some guy was saying 'why isn't anyone / aren't you talking?'  SHUT UP!

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trav3ler

Stragglers are the reason I only play expert with people on my friends list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichi said:
    "I was in a few rounds of L4D on 360 where people didn't talk but the majority of the games are full of talkers.  What I hate is when people whine that people aren't talking ALL THE TIME.  WTF, I just said something a minute ago, why do I have to keep talking when there's nothing to say.  There's been like 3 different times where some guy was saying 'why isn't anyone / aren't you talking?'  SHUT UP!"
    I have to agree. I want my teammates to communicate, but too much chatting ruins the atmosphere of the game.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Branthog

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.