Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Versus mode.

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simon1

Well, after having the game since release i am finally enjoying Versus mode.  I must admit that i tried it only a few times when i got it but I really didn't enjoy it, nobody seemed to talk and I just couldn't get into it.  Last week myself and 7 other guys on my friends list had a fantastic couple of hours with the versus mode.  Again, last night, we had a couple of hours of fantastic gaming time with the versus mode.

What experience do people get now with playing with others who they don't know ?(on versus or survival mode).  Is the communication better with people or do you still find that there's 4 people in your team but playing for themselves?.

Thanks
    Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wyatt

I played a lot of campaign before I went to versus.  Versus is fun when it's with people you know or people who talk.  In versus, I'd much rather play with someone who has a mic and a personality than someone who is a great player, but only watches out for themselves

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Only play Versus or Campaign when I have at least 2 other friends with me. If so, it's a blast.

SniperMOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SniperMOUS

Coincidentally I only *just* got finished with a versus match and I gotta say... things are as pathetic now as they were then. It gets really disheartening. But maybe that's just me. I don't like versus as a whole. Campaigns are my favorite.

Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wyatt
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " Only play Versus or Campaign when I have at least 2 other friends with me. If so, it's a blast. "
    True enough.  Sometimes one person will do, but usually 2.

@SniperMOUS said:
    " Coincidentally I only *just* got finished with a versus match and I gotta say... things are as pathetic now as they were then. It gets really disheartening. But maybe that's just me. I don't like versus as a whole. Campaigns are my favorite. "
    I don't get versus hate.  I guess I just find infected much more fun to play than survivor.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Wyatt: Survivor is just annoying because you can nearly guarantee there's always a runner =/

However with friend it is pretty good, me and 3 others used to play public a whole lot and we dominated partly because we all had mics, but that was fun, then I play on my own and it was just dull.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I am the only one who gets points, 1 guy goes AFK I say pounce them, Louis jumps off the No Mercy roof and everyone rage quits.

Happens every. Single. Time.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By End_Boss

I find versus to be a very "hot or cold" experience. Either I get a good group of folks together (such as the various times that I've hopped on with Giant Bombers) and have a blast, or I get a bunch of strong silent types and quickly become bored/frustrated.

SniperMOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SniperMOUS
    @Wyatt said:
    @SniperMOUS said:
    " Coincidentally I only *just* got finished with a versus match and I gotta say... things are as pathetic now as they were then. It gets really disheartening. But maybe that's just me. I don't like versus as a whole. Campaigns are my favorite. "
    I don't get versus hate.  I guess I just find infected much more fun to play than survivor. "
    It's probably just a personal thing for me. I really don't like the rushed feel I get from versus because you have to keep moving constantly. And, unless you're with friends, it just gets really tiresome. I really just enjoy the slow, relaxed pace that campaigns have. Though, I've never met anyone who shares my sentiments so, like I said, it's probably a personal thing : P
    Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wyatt
    @SniperMOUS: Last time I checked the server browser (which was a long time ago, mind you), there were a lot more campaigns going on than versus matches, so you're definitely not the only one.
    mart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By mart

Actually, after I tried playing with the mic a few times, I don't bother anymore. As I always take the quick mach option, I usually ended up with dudes snorting and breathing and laughing with an irritating voice. And as 98% of the time I play with a friend with split, we end up looking after the two other players. And most of the time it works and we're having fun.

towly177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By towly177

Versus is like the only thing i play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.