Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legacy of Kain

Franchise »

Set in the mythical realm of Nosgoth, the Legacy of Kain franchise follows the tragic tale of the vampire Kain as he tries to fulfill his destiny as Nosgoth's savior. The gameplay involves action and puzzle-solving elements.

Picked up Blood Omen's 1 and 2 and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I went to this game store in Chicago that sells a bunch of different old games and systems. Everything from NES classics to refurbished Turbographx 16's with games. I found Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the PS1 as well as Blood Omen 2 for the PS2.  Since I already owned Defiance, I am now only one game away (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, the first one I ever played when I was pretty young) from owning every Kain game made to date, from what I understand. 

Needless to say, I'm pretty fucking stoked. Raziel has been one of my favorite game characters for the longest time, and I really enjoyed my brief time with Soul Reaver 2. Blood Omen is the only one I've cracked open thus far, since I plan on playing them as a series, from front to back. The isometric view took me for a spin, to say the least, but I'm really excited to play through the game and series. Just need to find Soul Reaver 2 . . . 

Anyone else also like this series a lot? I was always enthralled by the concepts at work in it, and I consider the relationship between Kain and Raziel to be one of the most interesting in game history. What do you all think?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

I miss Soul Reaver :( Raziel was the coolest undead guy without a mouth ever

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Jazz
    @Arkthemaniac said:
    " I went to this game store in Chicago that sells a bunch of different old games and systems. Everything from NES classics to refurbished Turbographx 16's with games. I found Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the PS1 as well as Blood Omen 2 for the PS2.  Since I already owned Defiance, I am now only one game away (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, the first one I ever played when I was pretty young) from owning every Kain game made to date, from what I understand.  Needless to say, I'm pretty fucking stoked. Raziel has been one of my favorite game characters for the longest time, and I really enjoyed my brief time with Soul Reaver 2. Blood Omen is the only one I've cracked open thus far, since I plan on playing them as a series, from front to back. The isometric view took me for a spin, to say the least, but I'm really excited to play through the game and series. Just need to find Soul Reaver 2 . . .  Anyone else also like this series a lot? I was always enthralled by the concepts at work in it, and I consider the relationship between Kain and Raziel to be one of the most interesting in game history. What do you all think? "
    Love those games. Blood Omen 2, not so much, but the Soul Reaver games are among some of my favourites. 
    Shame that they seem to have no interest in continuing them.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, Soul Reaver is awesome, and like I said, Raziel is one of my favorite game characters, but I thought Blood Omen 2 seemed pretty alright from what I saw of it. I only watched my brother play it, never actually played it myself. 

Of course, both PS1 games were like 10 bucks, whereas Blood Omen 2 was like 3. I couldn't pass it up.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Korne

Blood Omen is very different compared to the other games in the series... but the voice work and the story is top notch. 

Personally, I didn't like Blood Omen 2... Kain just couldn't hold my attention as much as a time traveling Raziel.  

Overall, the series is fantastic, but I wish they would finish the story.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @Korne said:
    " Overall, the series is fantastic, but I wish they would finish the story. "
    They really need to. I'm hoping that if Eidos owns the rights to the game, and Square Enix owns Eidos, that maybe Eidos will have the development power to finish the story now. 

On the other hand, Square Enix could totally fuck it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.