Demands a Quicklook

  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Mercanis (660 posts) -

The old-school nature of this game demands a quick look. I'm thinking Dave and Vinnie for the commentary. The game seems ideal, no?

#2 Posted by Zelyre (1175 posts) -

Oh man, that would be very awesome.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11857 posts) -

Yes, this is important.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

they don't have a PC as of yet, and I think Vinny might be otherwise incapacitated

plus paxeast

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (5125 posts) -

ya... they're really beating down the doors on this thread. =)

Despite my sarcastic joke, I'm always down for a quick look- I'm just not cool with demands.

#6 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

@Animasta: The game isn't released until April 11th

#7 Posted by RadixNegative2 (511 posts) -

Agreed.

But has to be with Dave at least.

#8 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

Agreed.

#9 Posted by Kirklebum (59 posts) -

I'd watch that.

#10 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

Bring it.

#11 Edited by Ragemachine (40 posts) -

I want to see how this game handles a player's death- I suggest Brad and Ryan handle this quicklook.

#12 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Couldn't they just use Gamespot's PC to record gameplay?

#13 Posted by Karkarov (3079 posts) -

@katanalauncher said:

Couldn't they just use Gamespot's PC to record gameplay?

Pretty sure Gamespot needs it for something.

Though I could swear I saw pc's in their office in some video. I mean fraps runs on pretty crap systems you know and this game isn't going to be that demanding. Either way I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets little to no converage here. They don't hit up alot of indie stuff unless it is well known or they know the creators in the first place and this doesn't seem to be the type of game that is up their alley. In fact the only person I can ever remember doing a quick look of a first person dungeon crawl at any point was Bodega and he only did one.

#14 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Do they have a PC yet for quicklooks? Cuz they got a massive backlog of games to go over.

#15 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@katanalauncher said:

Couldn't they just use Gamespot's PC to record gameplay?

Pretty sure Gamespot needs it for something.

Though I could swear I saw pc's in their office in some video. I mean fraps runs on pretty crap systems you know and this game isn't going to be that demanding. Either way I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets little to no converage here. They don't hit up alot of indie stuff unless it is well known or they know the creators in the first place and this doesn't seem to be the type of game that is up their alley. In fact the only person I can ever remember doing a quick look of a first person dungeon crawl at any point was Bodega and he only did one.

Er. Yeah. How many first-person dungeon crawls come out these days?

#16 Edited by Karkarov (3079 posts) -

@august said:

Er. Yeah. How many first-person dungeon crawls come out these days?

You would be surprised. For example last year a previously japan only wizardry was released in the us PSN and not a fuck was given on giant bomb. In fact I am not sure it even showed up on the release list on the right. They also never did any coverage on Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey (at least that I remember) and it came out the same year the only first person dungeon crawl I know they quicklooked aka: Etrian Odyssey 3. Which coincidentally will be getting a 4 later this year. Admittedly most first person dungeon crawlers do come from japan these days.

#17 Edited by august (3836 posts) -

@Karkarov: You're honestly telling me you're dissapointed that they didn't cover Japanese only first person dungeon crawlers? You know, games they could barely get past the first few menus of? You can't be serious.

Oh, by the way I did your work for you:

#18 Posted by Karkarov (3079 posts) -

@august said:

@Karkarov: You're honestly telling me you're dissapointed that they didn't cover Japanese only first person dungeon crawlers? You know, games they could barely get past the first few menus of? You can't be serious.

Oh, by the way I did your work for you:

Uh what? Where did I say I was disappointed? I said they didn't cover them, which they don't. Why would I want to read a review or watch a quick look of people who don't like/care about/understand a type or genre of game about said genre or game anyway? They are just going to suck at it and or give it a bad review. Meanwhile what work are you "doing for me" and how exactly did you do it by linking to a broken video?

#19 Posted by Patman99 (1580 posts) -

I would greatly appreciate a quicklook of this game. First saw footage of it a long time ago and it seemed really cool.

#20 Edited by djvelho (31 posts) -

yeah i would also want to see a quick look of this game. and all hail to Finnish develbers once again :)

ps:first timer here. hello!

#21 Posted by Karkarov (3079 posts) -

@djvelho said:

yeah i would also want to see a quick look of this game. and all hail to Finnish develbers once again :)

ps:first timer here. hello!

Yo first timer person. Almost Human has done a great job with this game considering it took less than 2 years to make I think and the entire studio is literally 4 guys.

#22 Posted by fisk0 (4037 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

@august said:

Er. Yeah. How many first-person dungeon crawls come out these days?

You would be surprised. For example last year a previously japan only wizardry was released in the us PSN and not a fuck was given on giant bomb. In fact I am not sure it even showed up on the release list on the right. They also never did any coverage on Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey (at least that I remember) and it came out the same year the only first person dungeon crawl I know they quicklooked aka: Etrian Odyssey 3. Which coincidentally will be getting a 4 later this year. Admittedly most first person dungeon crawlers do come from japan these days.

Frayed Knights was released earlier this year, as was developed in the US afaik, it still hasn't turned up on Steam though.
#23 Posted by Jnal (214 posts) -

@Mercanis: Dave responded to me on twitter saying he had it preorder, so I think its safe to say its on.

#24 Posted by StealthRaptor (527 posts) -

If you're extra eager for a sneak peak of some gameplay, you can find that here.

#25 Posted by djvelho (31 posts) -

i just was wondering when the giantbomb team is going to do quick look. cause i have saw about two different gameplay or "quicklooks" in other sites.

oh please do it quickly :D

#26 Posted by BeachThunder (11857 posts) -

Definitely seems like something I'd enjoy; I just hope combat and the interface don't frustrate me too much D:

#27 Posted by Savage (321 posts) -
#28 Posted by djvelho (31 posts) -

oh snap.....couple days to go :D

#29 Posted by Tordah (2478 posts) -

Yes, Dave and someone else (Brad, maybe?) should quick look this!

#30 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Pre-ordered!

#31 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Yes, can't wait!

#32 Posted by efman (208 posts) -

Whatever the community calls for I am for, so bring this one about.

#33 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Damn straight! This seems like prime quick look material

#34 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

The Something Awful review of this game isn't half bad.

This is worth the $12 alone.

The only thing you need to know about Legend Of Grimrock is that you can drag any item into the middle of the screen to throw it. That item will not slope downward, and will not stop until it hits a wall or a bad guy's nose.

The other only thing you need to know is that many walls have torches which you can pick up. You should constantly be throwing torches at everything.

#35 Posted by BeachThunder (11857 posts) -

To tide people over until they (possibly) do a QL:

#36 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Just Vinny and Dave only please.

#37 Posted by Enigmatical (135 posts) -

I could've sworn there was a Quick Look of this already, but I suppose not.

Been doing some research... kinda disappointed that all the content (dungeons, puzzles, monsters, drops) are pre-defined... According to the developer, the replayability is attempting the dungeons with a different collection of characters rather than getting additional loot.

No "Random Dungeon Creation" tools at launch...

#38 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@Enigmatical said:

I could've sworn there was a Quick Look of this already, but I suppose not.

Been doing some research... kinda disappointed that all the content (dungeons, puzzles, monsters, drops) are pre-defined... According to the developer, the replayability is attempting the dungeons with a different collection of characters rather than getting additional loot.

No "Random Dungeon Creation" tools at launch...

Well, a level editor is supposed to be added in later. That should take care of replayability issues. Besides, it's a $15 game (or $12 if your preorder) that's at least 10-15 hours long. That's still good value IMO even with zero replayability.

#39 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Hopefully while at PAX they got the rest of the gear needed at the office to do a quick look of this. Ever since seeing the trailer for this, I've been hooked into this game to see more of it as it looks quite fun.

#40 Posted by Enigmatical (135 posts) -
@SlasherMan Certainly a good point. I haven't read the length of the initial campaign, if it is 10-12 hours long, that's fine enough.
#41 Posted by bwheeeler (432 posts) -

@Enigmatical: I've heard up to 30, but that might've been wishful thinking. Either way, it's going to be plenty long.

#42 Edited by Karkarov (3079 posts) -

@bwheeeler said:

@Enigmatical: I've heard up to 30, but that might've been wishful thinking. Either way, it's going to be plenty long.

Uh no. The main game is supposed to take the average human being 15-20 hours to beat if they just play to beat and don't bother being completionist. The actual dungeon itself is 13 floors deep.

Bear in mind I have been a reader and poster on the Grimrok official forums since the day they were created and my comment is based on what the dev's themselves have said and what two separate guys who were part of the final beta told me.

#43 Posted by Enigmatical (135 posts) -

Well, I pre-ordered up after reading a few reviews. Pretty excited to give it a shot tomorrow.

#44 Posted by tourgen (4477 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@bwheeeler said:

@Enigmatical: I've heard up to 30, but that might've been wishful thinking. Either way, it's going to be plenty long.

Uh no. The main game is supposed to take the average human being 15-20 hours to beat if they just play to beat and don't bother being completionist. The actual dungeon itself is 13 floors deep.

Bear in mind I have been a reader and poster on the Grimrok official forums since the day they were created and my comment is based on what the dev's themselves have said and what two separate guys who were part of the final beta told me.

that sounds pretty great. Dungeon Master is about that long and it's more than enough game. Man I can't wait to play Grimrock!

#45 Posted by benspyda (2033 posts) -

I totally just pre-orded this on GOG. This game looks really cool. And currently 20% off!!

#46 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Snide said he isn't gonna be an much GB content for a while. Since he is hard at work with the new site design. He told us about 6 months before we see him regular again. Also the crew is behind in a lot of PC quicklooks.

This game

Confrontation

Warzone European Escalation

Naval War Arctic Circle

Hack Slash Loot

#47 Posted by MrWonderstuff (3 posts) -

First post on the forum to add my support for a QL on this. Currently playing it and enjoying every minute.

#48 Posted by IG__ (84 posts) -

Man, I'd looove to see a quick look for this game! I wonder how long it will take till they do one.

#49 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -
@djvelho said:

yeah i would also want to see a quick look of this game. and all hail to Finnish develbers once again :)

ps:first timer here. hello!

Shepard and I welcome you to Giant Bomb! 
#50 Posted by WholeFunShow (353 posts) -

I've been checking for video pretty regularly since games been released, I hope it doesn't slip past GBs radar but at this stage I imagine it has?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.