Release date announced!

#1 Edited by Karkarov (2942 posts) -

Okay so I am a psycho and I love first person dungeon crawlers ;p!? Either way they announced a release date for Grimrock in todays friday update and the game should be available in "early april 2012". Based on the dev comments from their new official forums it looks like the game will also be available on steam and at least a few other platforms. Sadly for mac users that version isn't going to be ready for a bit.

Update: Early April 2012 now equates to 4/11/2012

#2 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

I hope they drop a price for this soon, your post led me to check the overview/website and it looks pretty neat! If you're secretly doing some kind of Guerrilla Advertising for this game, it's worked on me.

#3 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

I just saw their blog post. Pretty excited! The game is looking GREAT.

#4 Posted by Gargantuan (1880 posts) -

Been following this game for a while. Definitely a day 1 buy if it's on Steam.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

Is it grid based or does it include smoother walking?

#6 Edited by Karkarov (2942 posts) -

@Gargantuan:

No idea about steam...

But it just went up for pre order on GOG.com for the massive asking price of 11.99. Official release date is now 4/11/2012

Linkage

@xyzygy: It is grid based but the animations are very smooth. Watch some of the gameplay video's on the grimrock site and you will see what I mean. It is basically a modern updated version of Dungeon Master.

#7 Posted by VierasTalo (639 posts) -

You can buy it straight from the developers here: http://www.grimrock.net/buy/

Same price as GOG.com, comes with a DRM-free downloadble .exe and a Steam-key and all the goodies that come in GOG as well.

#8 Posted by Karkarov (2942 posts) -

As an update the grimrock site itself also confirms it will be available on steam for the same pricing is that floats your boat.

#9 Posted by JustKamToo (656 posts) -

Really looking forward to this, I played dungeon master so may times when I was a kid.

#10 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Just pre-ordered directly through their site. Been a huge fan of grid based RPG crawlers since Dungeons of Daggorath on the CoCo2, so this is pretty much a no-brainer.

My favorite pre-order bonus: "Custom made grid paper to print out for all your mapping needs"

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I only just heard about this game because of the GOG update, but it looks pretty interesting.

Though I keep calling it the Legend of Grimlock, which would be a very different game.

#12 Posted by Bumpton (438 posts) -

I totally pre-ordered earlier this morning! I've been following this game for what feels like forever. Could not be more stoked. Got my Steam key locked in and ready to go on the 11th!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.