Anyone have luck finding this game?

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (19016 posts) -

So I called my GameStop today and see if Lego City Undercover came in and they said it's not coming out till Thursday. So after that I called my Walmart and see if they got it in and they have no idea was the hell I was talking about.

Making this thread to see if anyone has found a copy anywhere at all. Looking at the Miiverse for this game and it's a lot of people mad about not being able to get the game at their GameStops or anywhere today.

I could just download the game, but I don't have an external hard drive that I could use with my Wii U at the moment. Not letting this game take up 19GBs of my 25GBs I can use for the system.

#2 Posted by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

Sounds like it's a little TOO Undercover.

#3 Posted by RioStarwind (562 posts) -

Hm looks like my Target doesn't have a copy which is unfortunate since I was going to get this free with the buy two get one free deal they have going on.

#4 Edited by MildMolasses (3223 posts) -

Just looking around various retailer sites, nobody seems to agree upon a release date. Very weird

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

So after that I called my Walmart and see if they got it in and they have no idea was the hell I was talking about.

That's their default response regardless of release date.

#6 Posted by DarthOrange (3866 posts) -
#7 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1660 posts) -

So I went to gamestop today and they said there was a "shipping error" but when they get copies in they're just gonna start selling them. They just removed any official street date since they fucked up. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what the story is. I was kinda psyched to play this one too...

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@shagge said:

boom.

#9 Posted by notdavid (840 posts) -

I work retail. We've got the game in, and we're stocking it tomorrow. No clue if it's already out.

#10 Edited by npa189 (32 posts) -

Well I wouldn't recommend downloading it, its 19GB, and its taking forever, i started it this morning @ 10am pst and its at 99% just now, I have 20mbps fiber too, "4 min" to go.

#11 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1258 posts) -

@shagge said:

OH SHIT SON!

#12 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (90 posts) -

@npa189: I'm at 96% with 1hr 38min remaining. And that number is actually going up. It's now at 1hr 43min as I type this. 1hr 45min.

#13 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2479 posts) -

Nintendo needs to get their shit straight with this shipment biz. Maybe if they weren't dumb and released games on Tuesday like everyone else...

#14 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (90 posts) -

97% with over an hour and 45 minutes remaining. I just want to die.

#15 Edited by ferratus (13 posts) -

Futureshop here in Montreal had the release date as the 20th and the site was still offering preorders but when I walked in they had copies in stock, but none in the new releases rack where they'd usually be.

#16 Posted by project343 (2832 posts) -

Sounds like it's still loading its way onto store shelves. Har!

#17 Edited by DeathTrap (255 posts) -

I didn't think this was out until tomorrow.... Well, I refuse to use the eShop for retail games until Nintendo changes their insane method of linking purchases to my hardware instead of my account.

#18 Posted by tactis (354 posts) -

Yeah my gamestop said they didn't have any copies, man Nintendo of America seems to be sucking lately, first fire emblem and now this? Of course I am not helping by buying both via eshop lol

#19 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

97% with over an hour and 45 minutes remaining. I just want to die.

This. It took me 8 hours to download the 19GB of this game, plus another 45 mins to install it.

DURING that 45 minute install, I started downloading Dead Space 3 on Origin (got it for free due to SimCity) and it finished long before the install was done.

#20 Posted by DeathTrap (255 posts) -

@tactis said:

Yeah my gamestop said they didn't have any copies, man Nintendo of America seems to be sucking lately, first fire emblem and now this? Of course I am not helping by buying both via eshop lol

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Nintendo these days. I'm really surprised there wasn't more news about the Fire Emblem thing - seemed like that would be a really major "oops."

#21 Posted by Cybexx (1191 posts) -

Picked it up an hour ago at Best Buy, would have downloaded if it was smaller, that and they had the wrong price listed for a while. Looks like they shipped it on release day so barely anybody had it yesterday.

#22 Posted by fetterdave (59 posts) -

The Wii U handles downloads like the PS3, right? It needs 19 GB to download, but half of that is just for the installer? So it should only take about 9 GB on the hard drive?

#23 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

If I'm not mistaken, there was a shipping error like nationwide. Some places got them on time, but most didn't. I just got my copy from Gamefly today and am having a blast. Played about 2 hours and the total % counter is only at 3%... BIG freaking game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.