Possible spiritual successor to lego island?

#1 Posted by Thoseposers (781 posts) -

I just went over to the nintendo e3 site and saw the trailer for this and i gotta say it looks pretty sweet. If it's open world that'd be pretty cool, and from what the trailer shows it looks like a mix of lego island and the current lego games which i think sounds awesome.

#2 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -

Lego Star Wars Island?

Bloody count me in! I remember liking (most of) Lego Island 2 as a kid.

#3 Posted by Scrawnto (2435 posts) -

I remember thinking that Lego Island was really janky, but still liking it despite that. Kind of curious what this turns out to be.

#4 Posted by Thoseposers (781 posts) -

@Scrawnto: Oh yeah that's exactly how it was for me too, it ran like crap but it was still so much fun

#5 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Lego Island forever, was 1 or 2 the one where you were the pizza guy, or am I thinking of something different?

#6 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

@Irvandus: Fairly certain that was 2. I played the GBC version to completion twice because I had nothing better to do. That version very well could have been crap, but I was at an age where quality was indistinguishable.

#7 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#8 Posted by Lykos (66 posts) -

I can't believe we're talking about Lego Island and no one has posted this yet:

You're welcome.

#9 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Dude, don't even joke like that.

Lego Island is my favorite game of all time. Goddamn brickster.

#10 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Holy fuck you just reminded me that Lego Island was a thing. A thing that I loved. SO MANY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES HAVE JUST BEEN UNLOCKED

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

According to the game page, THE BRICKSTER IS IN THIS GAME.

This is now my most Hyped game. Pepper Roni make a fucking appearance.

#12 Posted by JBird (489 posts) -

To me this game looks fantastic! But I acknowledge that I have a huge case of nostalgia. The first games that I absolutely loved and played to death were Lego Island, and later The Simpsons Hit and Run. This game seems like someone had both on a shelf somewhere, looked at them and went "hang on......this might just work"

#13 Edited by EuanDewar (4788 posts) -

i played the gbc version so much omg its still to date the scariest game ive ever played

#14 Posted by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

I'm picking this up on day-one come hell, high water, or mediocre reviews. I love Legos, and while I haven't loved the linear, license-based games I think this looks fantastic so far. It'll be a nice change of pace from the gritty and grognardy month including Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

...and Pandora's Tower, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. But I'm not buying Bioshock!...might get it out of the Redbox and poopsock it over a weekend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.