so no quick look or review then by GB i guess ?

#1 Edited by shades846 (158 posts) -

So the reviews else where are good for Lego City: Undercover

Given the amount of coverage of the Lego games in the past, I am surprised they not done anything yet for it.

#2 Edited by Nightriff (5365 posts) -

It isn't out till next week, calm down. GB rarely does a QL before the release of a game let alone a review.

#3 Posted by Kidable (127 posts) -

It ain't no Lego Island.

#4 Posted by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

@kidable: TBH, it could be. Don't get me wrong, Lego Island was my childhood... but this game is looking pretty expansively awesome.

#5 Edited by project343 (2838 posts) -

I imagine Alex will be covering this one (review-wise).

#6 Posted by Jams (2966 posts) -

They forgot they had Wii U's

#7 Edited by BisonHero (7065 posts) -

Have you heard of my friends Grammar, Punctuation, and Capitalisation? And my acquaintance, Not-Jumping-to-Conclusions?

#8 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Maybe they have to buy the game at Best Buy or something.

#9 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3790 posts) -

Have you heard of my friends Grammar, Punctuation, and Capitalisation? And my acquaintance, Not-Jumping-to-Conclusions?

Them suckas like to get throwed.

#10 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2419 posts) -

I expect a Drew review for every Lego related product from here on out.

#11 Posted by Nictel (2440 posts) -

@claude said:

Maybe they have to buy the game at Best Buy or something.

Gamespot has a review, so in this case they could have borrowed their copy.

#12 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

I imagine there will be a QL, but I doubt there will be a review. With PAX East this weekend and GDC the next, I think they'll be focused on Bioshock Infinite in between. Who knows though.

#13 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

Yes because Giant Bomb puts stuff up day 1 or it never goes up.

#14 Posted by PhilipDuck (569 posts) -

The quicklook will be great if Drew and Vinny get onit! Drew loved the previous so only right he is in for the QL.

#15 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Seems like perfect unprofessional Fridays material to me!

#16 Posted by Krullban (1066 posts) -

Still nothing.

#17 Posted by TheHT (11812 posts) -

last week was crazy, and i don't remember what was going on during the week or release that could've taken up the crews time. given their stated interest in it though i'm sure there'll be one up this week or the next.

#18 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Figured now that they're back from the two events, they should be as I'm curious on this so I'd enjoy seeing a quick look.

#19 Edited by DeeGee (2143 posts) -

They were playing it yesterday for the Wednesday show and Ryan said he had played a good chunk of it. He thought the Gamespot review was too positive (8) so take from that what you will.

Jeff expressed extreme dislike for much of what it was doing too, so don't expect glowing reviews when it's time for them to talk about it.

#20 Posted by WeAreNotQualified (9 posts) -

@deegee: That's some bullshit. That game is amazing. As much as I love the Giant Bomb crew, they suffer from a lot of cynicism and over-exposure.

#21 Edited by AsKo25 (80 posts) -

it's a big shame that they were so cynical about the game, and it sucks that they probably won't give it another look. it's simplistic and there are absolutely problems, but when you're moving around and exploring, it's a lot of fun.

#22 Posted by JZ (2120 posts) -

It is not worth their time.

#24 Posted by Yummylee (22575 posts) -

Keep in mind the Giant Bomb crew also doesn't like LittleBigPlanet. I can personally tell you that Lego City is the most charming game of the year so far, the GB crew are just cynical ass hats about these kinds of games.

Jeff gave both of the PS3 LBP's 5 stars.

#26 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

They said there was going to be a Quick-Look, right?

#27 Posted by Asger (200 posts) -

I would still like to see a QL of this! It sounds really cool!

#28 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

They played it on Professional Wednesday a few weeks ago.

#29 Posted by Bollard (5867 posts) -

Game looked like ass on Professional Wednesday.

#30 Edited by MEATBALL (3498 posts) -

Game looked like ass on Professional Wednesday.

Don't most games wind up looking like ass on Professional Wednesdays? :P

It probably didn't help that it was being shown to a room full of people who decided it looked bad without having even touched it. Not that the game is particularly special, it's essentially another LEGO game of the same level of quality as the others (though with some nasty framerate and loadtime issues).

#31 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2400 posts) -

So I take it that this is dead?

#32 Posted by BisonHero (7065 posts) -

@xpgamer7: Yep. I was originally harsh on the thread creator, and he did kinda jump the gun on the thread at the time he made it. Sometimes Giant Bomb will still Quick Look a game after release week, but at most they might do something like 7 or 8 days after it came out (assuming it's a retail game; indie games, on the other hand, can get Quick Looked nearly any time).

If they don't Quick Look it by then, but they sort of intended to, then it seems to become a perpetual joke on I Love Mondays, as happened with Orcs Must Die 2, and NeverDead (which ultimately got a Quick Look months and months after it came out because Vinny and Brad were bored after New Year's).

At this point, I really doubt this game will get any sort of Quick Look, beyond the small amount of joint coverage it got on that one Professional Wednesdays a while back.

#33 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

@bisonhero: it's a shame as well, since besides the load times, it's a pretty great game.

#34 Edited by Petiew (1361 posts) -

Still waiting for that Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns quick look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.