We're Getting a LEGO Marvel Game, Even Though We Probably Shouldn't Be Getting One of Those

• 121 results
#101 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

I seriously hope there's no talking, even though Lego City looks nice.

#102 Posted by Coleslaw893 (409 posts) -

After playing Lego Batman 2 recently, I was really hoping this would happen.

#103 Posted by AV_Gamer (595 posts) -

Lego games are great and fun for all ages. So now, everyone is getting in on the fun.

#104 Posted by Charlee_CoCo (106 posts) -

@crithon: When voices were first introduced the developers said that all LEGO games going forward would be voiced. This was a result the talkless humor being lost on children, ie their target demo. They held focus groups (which are always a good idea) with various children and when asked what their least favorite part(s) of the LEGO games were it was the fact that the characters didn't speak. Now as a result of that all LEGO games will be voiced.

I'm pretty sure the guys all talked about it briefly on the Bombcast (or maybe it was a Quick Look) at some point.

#105 Edited by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -

This seemed mildly appropriate, to put here.

#106 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3157 posts) -

@project343 said:

LEGO Lord of the Rings is fucking great. Probably the best LOTR game I've ever played. So I'm all over this.

Is it? I've been thinking about grabbing my first LEGO game, but wasn't sure about how the abbreviated dialogue from the movies would work.

#107 Posted by zombiekingkiller99 (1 posts) -

i can't wait for it

#108 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I'm super excited about the prospect of this game. I hope it ends up even better then LEGO Batman 2.

#109 Posted by RetroVirus (1457 posts) -

Should LEGO's talk?

#110 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2480 posts) -

The first lego game that has me legitimately interested.

#111 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

@Lydian_Sel said:

The first lego game that has me legitimately interested.

LEGOtimately?!

#112 Posted by siamesegiant (12 posts) -

DC and Marvel have collaborated a few times over the years, so it's actually not that unusual.

#113 Posted by Crono (2640 posts) -

@TrashMustache said:

Alex, you're sarcasm is, as always, supreme

Yes and, you're grammer, as, always too,

#114 Posted by Tannin (6 posts) -

a new Lego game to get me excited, i haven't played one (or cared) since Indy Jones

#115 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

It's weird to me that people are whining about there being too many Lego games. There's always going to be properties worth exploiting, there's always going to be children wanting to play Lego video games, and there's always going to be money to be made.

#116 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Awesome news! I'm hoping they make an open world again like with Lego Batman 2.

#117 Posted by Slither_Maggot (221 posts) -

Awesome. Super excited! Should be awesome!

#118 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@project343 said:

LEGO Lord of the Rings is fucking great. Probably the best LOTR game I've ever played. So I'm all over this.

Is it? I've been thinking about grabbing my first LEGO game, but wasn't sure about how the abbreviated dialogue from the movies would work.

I don't think LoTR was as good as Lego Batman 2, it suffers from the levels having to be structured around events from the movies. The dialogue is fine, but it was again done better in Lego Batman 2, where they had completely original voice overs. Batman's attitude towards Superman was especially hilarious. Kids can laugh at the funny lines, but it was quality voice work with a lot of adult humour there too. I can't imagine going back to a Lego game without dialogue now.

#119 Posted by Ghostbuster123 (41 posts) -

I thought this would happen as soon as I saw the marvel and dc Lego sets on store shelves.

#120 Posted by FoxxFireArt (110 posts) -

This doesn't seem that unusual given that there have also been LEGO Star Wars games long before any of the DC properties, and Disney now owns both the Marvel and Star Wars IPs. I wonder what the ties are between Disney and Warner Bros.?

#121 Posted by Slither_Maggot (221 posts) -

: Dialogue or not the LEGO games are quite a bit of fun whether you're one of the people who like or not. I've been wanting to snag LEGO LOTR too and I've heard mixed feelings on the whole dialogue argument but either way it's still LEGO and thus still just simple fun. LEGO games let you turn off your brain and just play a game for the sake of playing.

#122 Posted by Senno (74 posts) -

I want it!

#123 Posted by saoirsecassidy (3 posts) -

Ehrmahgerd.... I might try it lol

#124 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I'm totally in. The question is can I hold out till Christmas so my son doesn't feel like even more of a spoiled brat? It's hard to not spoil your kid when you have so much in common.

I guess I should also be concerned that I have so much in common with a five year old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.