Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Rock Band

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

LEGO Rock Band is a family-friendly take on the Rock Band formula, with new songs aimed at audiences of all ages. While the game will play similarly to other Rock Band games, it will feature LEGO characters, instruments, and venues.

I might actually buy Lego Rock Band

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

When I first heard about this game I thought it was a stupid idea. I had no intentions of buying it then, then again I didn't own any of the Rock Band games or instruments.

We recently bought Beatles Rock Band and I'm loving it. I wanted to buy Rock Band 2 but for some reason I can't find it in any of the stores I visit here in Norway. They all have Rock Band 1 which I know sucks for the Wii.

Now I say the setlist to this game and I am seriously excited for this game. Here are all the songs I'm psyched for:

Blur - Song 2
    Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
    The Coral - Dreaming Of You
    Europe - The Final Countdown
    Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
    Queen - We Will Rock You
    Queen - We Are The Champions
    Rascal Flatts - Life Is A Highway
    Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbuster Theme Song (This is freakin' awesome!)
    The Zutons - Valerie

Those are 10 songs and I'm sure I'm gonna start to like some of the other songs after I play them.

Anyone else here who thought that this game was gonna be crap but changed their minds after seeing the setlist?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

This game seems to have been getting a lot of hate - sellout kind of stuff, but I actually think it could be fun.  No reason I can see so far as to not getting it.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By damswedon

the track list + the cuteness of lego dudes has made Lego rockband more desirable than Guitar Hero 5 for me.

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By dutch42

doesn't look too bad, however i'm a sucker for plastic guitar based japes. i think that dj hero will happen before that though for the daft punk and shadow stuff alone.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By unsolvedparadox

The Ghostbusters theme is used for a level where you actually fight off ghosts, and it has a Beatles: Rock Band style themed background animation as you play it. :)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Willy105

It's definitely going to be better than previous Rock Bands, but with so many iterations, each one is better than the last, and there is less of a year of wait between them.

unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @Willy105 said:
    " It's definitely going to be better than previous Rock Bands, but with so many iterations, each one is better than the last, and there is less of a year of wait between them. "
    It's really solid, any Rock Band fan passing this up is missing out on some great tunes and a pretty fun experience.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You know it's Rock Band, it has some good songs on the soundtrack and it has that Lego charm to it as well. This seems like a game worth getting to me.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By nrain

It has the freaking Ghostbusters song and Final Countdown! but I can't in good conscious pay full price for a game like this.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @nrain:
    If you have the instruments, just buy the disc. There's nothing wrong with letting down your hair for a day and just having fun.
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    " @nrain: If you have the instruments, just buy the disc. There's nothing wrong with letting down your hair for a day and just having fun. "
    The game isn't even sold in a package, which I think is smart. Unlike the piles of Band Hero sets next to Guitar Hero 5 sets, which will soon make way for Guitar Hero: Van Halen sets...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.