Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Rock Band

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

LEGO Rock Band is a family-friendly take on the Rock Band formula, with new songs aimed at audiences of all ages. While the game will play similarly to other Rock Band games, it will feature LEGO characters, instruments, and venues.

They should have made the song export feature a selling point

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

I mean if you were really paying attention to the game, you might know about it, but I just recently found out that you can export all Lego Rock Band songs to your hard drive to play in RB2.  If I would have known that when the game came out, I might have bought it day one.  I just remember hearing about the game, seeing the song list, and being mad those awesome songs weren't in the main franchise.  Maybe I'm just blind and deaf, but I didn't hear or see anyone talking about this back when the game came out.  Am I just the minority consumer for the song export being the thing that sold me on the game?  Why did Harmonix do such a terrible job of letting people know about it?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, I knew about it. However, if you were going to buy the game just to transfer the songs (which is an extra $10), I'd say you're out of your mind. Unless of course, you can transfer the songs an unlimited number of times from one disc, in which case you could just rent it and then do it, and that would be awesome.

The game does have some awesome songs I'd certainly like to play. However, I'm not clear if it's like Rock Band 1 and one disc can have it's songs transferred as many times as you want. If so, I gotta rent this bad boy.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadow
    @TheGreatGuero: 
    The way I see it, I'm getting tons of awesome songs for less than $1 each, which is a huge discount from the rock band store.  Before getting this game, I went through the song list, seeing if I could find at least 20 that I would pay full price for if it was downloadable.  If there was at least that many, that would mean I'm breaking even on buying the game.  Sure enough though, I found well over that amount.  I see this purchase as sort of like the ACDC disk that came out...except that I don't like ACDC.  This game though, seems to totally hit the nail on the head in terms of songs that I like.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadow
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    "Well, I knew about it. However, if you were going to buy the game just to transfer the songs (which is an extra $10), I'd say you're out of your mind. Unless of course, you can transfer the songs an unlimited number of times from one disc, in which case you could just rent it and then do it, and that would be awesome.  The game does have some awesome songs I'd certainly like to play. However, I'm not clear if it's like Rock Band 1 and one disc can have it's songs transferred as many times as you want. If so, I gotta rent this bad boy. "

Also, you're pretty much forced to buy it if you want all the songs.  The game comes with a unique code you can enter on the Rock Band website to get another unique Xbox 360 code, which gives you a license to purchase the song transfer.  There's only one transfer license per game so you need your own copy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.