Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 06, 2007

This family friendly game combines Lego Star Wars, and Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy, into one adventure spanning the entire Star Wars universe.

Is this game worth going back to?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So this game is currently like $6 on Steam for the Star Wars sales and for some reason I'm kinda tempted to buy it. I used to play the original Lego Star Wars with my cousin a long time ago (in a galax- no, don't do it.) and I have pretty positive memories of it. I'm just curious to whether or not it holds up well enough to go back to here in 2015, as an adult. (I know these are "fun for all ages" kinda games but... you know.)

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@turtlebird95: I'd say it holds up pretty well since the LEGO formula hasn't changed that much in the years since. I really enjoy the Lego games though, so I may be a bit biased.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought it when it went on sale and I'm having a good time with it. It's basically like any other Lego game out there but with worse graphics.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I played through Lego Star Wars 2 (the one that is Episodes 4, 5, and 6), and enjoyed it, and never felt the need to play a licensed LEGO game again.

Speaking of 3D platfomers like Banjo Kazooie and Yooka-Laylee, I think the Lego Star Wars games are actually kinda of a continuation of them, as far as being fun kids games that have 8000 different things to collect.

If you have someone you can play it with I recommend it. I don't know if it holds up as a great singleplayer experience, especially if you kinda already played a lot of it when you were younger.

Also: "Should LEGOs talk?"

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

It is. It's still probably the best of the LEGO games but that really depends on how much you like Star Wars. Personally I think LEGO Lord of the Rings was the best designed and most fun to play of the series. LEGO Batman 2 and 3 are good and LEGO Marvel is fantastic. It honestly depends on how much you like the property the game is based on but they're all really fun to play and $6 is a perfect price for it.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6 FinalDasa  Moderator

I really like Star Wars and this game was a pretty fun version of that universe. It's fun, whimsical, and a lot like every other LEGO game you've played recently.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you're at all nostalgic about the films, then yes. I played through LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy back on PS2 and at that time video game nostalgia hadn't been beaten into the ground just yet. It was an hilarious and unique trip down memory lane. I developed an addiction to the TT Lego games that I've only recently managed to kick. (The only ones I haven't played are The Hobbit, Marvel and Batman 3 - which I didn't even know existed until this thread. I've played every other one to 100% completion.) They get pretty tiresome after a while since the formula has barely changed in the ten years they've been making them.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, I caved and bought it. Admittedly Lego Star Wars was the only licensed Lego video game I've played (besides the demo for Lego Marvel) so I don't think I'm burnt out on the Lego game formula, especially since it's been ages since I last played it. It doesn't look like the PC version has online multiplayer so it'll probably be played solo, so hopefully that won't be a big deal.

Thanks for all the thoughts!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Star Wars = Awesome

LEGO = Awesome

Star Wars * LEGO = Awesome^2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.