LEGO: Lord of the Rings is officially a thing. Link inside.

#1 Edited by TomA (2531 posts) -
#2 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -
#3 Edited by thornie (165 posts) -

This has been confirmed for a while now. They made the announcement back in January at the Toy Fair. As an avid collector of LEGO I have already pre ordered all of the sets, and they should be arriving early next week or so. They should be in stores by the last week of May/first week of July.

Here is a good link from an adult LEGO community I am a part of discussing the sets, along with hi res photos and really good video reviews...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69506&st=3945

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

YESSSSSSSSSSS

#5 Edited by Illuminosopher (317 posts) -

n/m

#6 Posted by Vestigial_Man (310 posts) -

The Lego games are pretty well made but I don't think that style of game will work very well in the Lord of the Rings universe. I'll be interested to see if how they handle the licence though.

#7 Posted by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

Booo, Really don't care at all. I wonder if it will have voice acting like the new Batman game... They might as well get Elijah Wood, he isn't doing anything of worth these days.

#8 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Nevermind, I thought this was a continuation of the LEGO videogame series.

disappointment.tga

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

@Mikemcn: @thornie: @Ravenlight: The LEGO set is indeed old news. The point of the article was that the set also confirmed the existence of a video game. Hence the forum this thread is located in.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21204 posts) -

I will buy this. The Lego licensed franchise games only keep getting better and better (though Lego Batman is still my overall favourite), so I'm excited to see how both this and Lego Batman 2 shapes up.

#11 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

The Lego games bore me now....  I used to like them a lot when I was younger

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -
@GunstarRed

Booo, Really don't care at all. I wonder if it will have voice acting like the new Batman game... They might as well get Elijah Wood, he isn't doing anything of worth these days.

If you don't care, why bother those who do? Also have you seen Elijah Wood's show on FX? It's fucking brilliant.
#13 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I'm still excited about it. I love the shit out of those LEGO games!

#14 Edited by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: I'm not the type of person to post negative things for the sake of posting them, but I see that this reads like that because I should have probably added that I am a HUGE fan on the Lego games and there hasn't been a franchise yet that hasn't interested me... Until now. I was really hoping the next game they would announce would be based on the Marvel sets.

The show with the dog? I saw one that was the end of a season, didn't seem very funny.

#15 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I didn't like LEGO Harry Potter, it got far to puzzley, I hope it goes back to the simplicity of Lego Star Wars.

#16 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Don't know if I'll give the game a try, but I may buy one of those sets. I had no idea this was a thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.