Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO

Franchise »

The LEGO Franchise are video games based the popular Danish LEGO Toys. Many games ranging from racers, builders and adventures bear the LEGO brand name.

Lego Indy II, no Potter in 2009

SuperMooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperMooseman
    I don't know if this even counts as 'news', but Eurogamer are suggesting that TT Games' may be doing Lego Indiana Jones II. They suggest that it may contain levels from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Shocking stuff, I know.

Eurogamer then went on to suggest that Double Fine may be working with Jack Black, that Ron Gilbert may have a new game based on his character Deathspank in development, and that there is a strong possibility that the sky is blue.
    Source: mixnmojo
    I'd rather see a new franchise (Potter!) rather than a sequel to Lego Indy Jones, plus a mix up of the now-old formula. What do you think?
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zitosilva

There's a chance it'll fall in the same place that Lego Batman did. Since there was no movie to follow they made their own story, and it ended up no being funny at all, the opposite from Indy and Star Wars. Since all the Indy movies were seen in the Lego Indy game (yes, ALL of them, there is no fourth movie, that's just your imagination) they'd have to create a new story, so there's a huge chance that it won't be good.

And also, I'd be more interested in seeing another franchise in the Lego series, instead of the same one again.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail
    SuperMooseman said:
    "
    I don't know if this even counts as 'news', but Eurogamer are suggesting that TT Games' may be doing Lego Indiana Jones II. They suggest that it may contain levels from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Shocking stuff, I know.

Eurogamer then went on to suggest that Double Fine may be working with Jack Black, that Ron Gilbert may have a new game based on his character Deathspank in development, and that there is a strong possibility that the sky is blue.
    Source: mixnmojo
    I'd rather see a new franchise (Potter!) rather than a sequel to Lego Indy Jones, plus a mix up of the now-old formula. What do you think?"
    Potter? Pcht! I remember that GamesRadar Feature saying what games should be on Lego and they actually made it on Legio (3D pictures I think) . Instance: The Lord of the Rings, Lego GTA.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

So how are they going to do that? Unless the entire game is Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or has bits from the Young Indiana Jones TV series in it.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

Lego Indiana Jones sucked, and I didn't even bother to play Lego Batman. It's because more obvious every iteration that the formula is just dead. They need to add something new rather than just the next Lego formula attached to an established franchise. I was mislead into here because of the "No Potter in 2009" phrase you put in the thread title. I thought they pushed the movie back, way to go!

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rorschach
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Lego Indiana Jones sucked, and I didn't even bother to play Lego Batman. It's because more obvious every iteration that the formula is just dead. They need to add something new rather than just the next Lego formula attached to an established franchise. I was mislead into here because of the "No Potter in 2009" phrase you put in the thread title. I thought they pushed the movie back, way to go!"
    This is at least partially wrong. I'll agree that the formula for Lego games is definitely past its expiry date. On the other hand, even a punch to the stomach and getting your wallet stolen would be tight if the Raider's March was playing. Thus, i support any and all knew Lego Indy endeavors!

p.s. Where the hell is my real Indy game?
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I just love the 4 letter word Lego !!!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

Indiana Jones, again?! I must admit I had fun with Indy last summer, but another one? That is unnecessary. I wish it was a new property or something. Geez. If it is a total achievement whore game though like the first, I may rent it.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By bwooduhs

I would actually buy a Lego Potter game.

HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HelixSnake

Well, you just ruined my day.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By destro

Lego potter would be shit, all potter games are shit, just like most of the movies are shit (crosses fingers for new one)...at least the books are good.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By dsplayer1010

NO MORE LEGO GAMES!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.