Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Level-5

Company »

Level-5 Inc. is a studio that focuses on bringing new twists to standard RPG gameplay.

Level-5 3DS download games - any good?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Bollard

I recently picked back up my 3DS after returning home, and saw that these downloadable games by Level-5 had hit the E-Shop:

• AeroPorter
    • Liberation Maiden
    • Crimson Shroud

They all look pretty cool and have rated really well, but I'm wondering if you guys would recommend any of them? I'm not too interested in AeroPorter, but Crimson Shroud's art style (imitating a board game) makes it super intriguing to me. Especially as it has a full 5/5 rating. Liberation Maiden seemed absolutely insane when I saw it before, I just don't know if it plays well.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Thoseposers

I've been slowly making my way through Crimson Shroud and i'd say so far i'd say it's really good. It has solid mechanics from what i've played but I've heard some people say it's a little short but we'll see.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268

I haven't actually played it, but Liberation Maiden looks basically just like the air segments in Kid Icarus, so if you liked that I would assume you'd like Liberation Maiden. Personally I was more intrigued by the absolutely ridiculous story.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canteu

I'm gonna say, that since Level-5 made the greatest game ever made, ever. They're probably alright.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By sixpin

Been playing Crimson Shroud and I find it to be a fun, low-key RPG. The story is interesting. If you are annoyed by a lot of reading, you might not like it as much, but I recommend it otherwise.

Haven't played AeroPorter or Liberation Maiden yet, but I plan on checking them out next in terms of eShop titles.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard

@Thoseposers: @sixpin: I think I'm gunna pick up Crimson Shroud definitely, thanks.

@Jack268: Haven't played that unfortunately, so still no point of reference! Haha.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I've heard a lot of positive things about Crimson Shroud, but also that you should only play it if you really enjoy D&D or other similar tabletop games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.