Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Level-5

Company »

Level-5 Inc. is a studio that focuses on bringing new twists to standard RPG gameplay.

Level 5 Announce New DS Games Including Professor Layton 3

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The developer of the Professor Layton series of games has revealed two new Nintendo DS projects. With Level-5's special conference due to take place in a few days, Famitsu magazine has spilled a few details of what can be expected:

First up, Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel, the Professor's third adventure on DS, will be released in Japan on 27th November. Next is news of a sequel to the fantastic football (not soccer!) RPG Inazuma Eleven, which will be coming next year and will continue along the Football Frontier concept, with the Alien Gakuen team being introduced.

More interesting, to me, is a newly revealed title called Ninokuni, again in 2009:

•     The animation in the game is all by Studio Ghibli. :D
    •      Level 5's first 10th Anniversary product.
    •      There will be a book bundled with the game filled with information on various magic crests and spell recipes. This "Magic Master" book is something that the main character in the game has, and the player will need to refer to from time to time while playing the game.
    •      There will be a console version of the game, but the hardware is not decided yet.
    •      They want the console version to offer something different for people that have already played the DS version, the selection of the hardware will be            based on which is most suitable for this purpose.
    •     The exact same book will be packaged with the console version as well.

I sure hope it ends up being a Wii game myself, I heart Stdio Ghibli's work. On another note, I wonder if Pandora's Box will ever get released in the west, it puzzles me why there us no date yet given the first games success in the west. This third game makes it more likely I suppose.

Pandora's Box
    Pandora's Box

Perfect_Winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Perfect_Winter

Love Level-5 - their originality, their artistic design and their willingness to try new things. Professor Layton is a series that i've yet to try out but I want to get around to it as soon as possible.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Threre was a second Professor Layton? Or was the Curious Village the second?

There was a first Professor Layton? I mean . . . there was ANOTHER Professor Layton?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Perfect_Winter said:
    "Love Level-5 - their originality, their artistic design and their willingness to try new things. Professor Layton is a series that i've yet to try out but I want to get around to it as soon as possible."

You should check out Inazuma Eleven, it's pure awesomeness.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpinCookie
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Perfect_Winter said:
    "Love Level-5 - their originality, their artistic design and their willingness to try new things. Professor Layton is a series that i've yet to try out but I want to get around to it as soon as possible."

"
    Is Inazuma doable in all Japanese?  I thought it'd be tough to figure out what to do.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SpinCookie said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "Perfect_Winter said:

"
    Is Inazuma doable in all Japanese?  I thought it'd be tough to figure out what to do."

Absolutely, there are a load of guides that wont hamper your gameplay experience and will push you along gently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.