Fingers Crossed

#1 Posted by liako21 (521 posts) -

The Gundam fan boy in me wants this to be good.

#2 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Dude... the Level-5 and fucking Suda 51 fan in me KNOWS this will be good. Will the attitude of Suda and the polish of Level 5, there is no way this game is going to be anything but awesome.

I've yet to play a Level 5 or Grasshopper game that I didn't think was awesome. The genre has me a bit concerned though. Considering the lineage, I'm willing to try it.

EDIT: The game has been out in Europe for a few days now and the reviews sound a bit mixed and on the mid 70s side.

#3 Posted by Zygoatsalami (56 posts) -

I like the Level-5 style, but it sounds like, from the reviews I've read, that the gameplay is repetitive and at ~12 dollars I don't think this will be a purchase for me, it's too bad that the eShop doesn't have a Steam style sale system incorporated in it.

#4 Posted by GunstarRed (5128 posts) -

It's a very, very short game. It's fun though. It all depends on whether you like shit exploding and circle strafing. If you hate the controls in Kid Icarus you will probably not have much fun with it at all. I enjoy it, it's a very old school style shooter. There is a ton of you madly scribbling around the screen as it's really fast paced. It reminds me a little of Zone of the Enders. It has the greatest/dumbest anime story set up ever though.

#5 Posted by Shaanyboi (1286 posts) -

It's Suda. It'll be crazy, and even if it's not... good, it'll be entertaining.

#6 Posted by melodiousj (436 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

It's a very, very short game. It's fun though. It all depends on whether you like shit exploding and circle strafing. If you hate the controls in Kid Icarus you will probably not have much fun with it at all. I enjoy it, it's a very old school style shooter. There is a ton of you madly scribbling around the screen as it's really fast paced. It reminds me a little of Zone of the Enders. It has the greatest/dumbest anime story set up ever though.

That's it, you just sold me. I'm in.

#7 Posted by Losfer (120 posts) -

Yeah, it's pretty good. Especially for eight bucks.

#8 Posted by jackskellinghog (8 posts) -

Any word on a soundtrack? Some pretty good J-POP going on there.

#9 Posted by liako21 (521 posts) -

Heard its pretty good but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to short.

#10 Posted by Abendlaender (2790 posts) -

It's okay, nothing spectacular and way too short. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.