Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

Life is Strange Episode 3 discussion. *SPOLERS*

• 67 results
    s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished playing the third episode. Overall, it was good but man the way it ends. It might be my most heart breaking moment.

So now Chloe's a paraplegic? The way the story went, I thought that someone else might get hurt, I always thought it would be Chloe's mom. But now Max is a member of the vortex club and buddies with Victoria and NATHAN?? While I was preventing her dad from taking the car and driving, I did think that Chloe might be missing and her posters be spread about the town, but I did not expect what happened next. I wonder what happens to Kate or Rachel in the next episodes.

What do you guys think about it?

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they should have released it the same day as The Witcher 3, but I guess they've already got my money, so it doesn't matter much.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

It ended in a mindfuck. Now how can I save Chloe?

But the changes to reality, in this version, seemed mostly for the better. Victoria seemed nicer, William was alive, Chloe despite her condition seemed less angry. Although David got the shaft.

It was a nice game changer the ability to jump into photographed moments, maybe based on Max's memories like The Butterfly Effect.

I think this episode could have been better, if one could choose to save or not William. But that would probably weight on the budget.

Nice final though.

Schromium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Schromium

@grtkbrandon said:

I don't think they should have released it the same day as The Witcher 3, but I guess they've already got my money, so it doesn't matter much.

I like both but I don't think the crossover is too large.

also: holy shit that ending

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Spoiler tags are a bit much in a spoiler thread. Anyway, I don't think they will stick with this timeline for long. She will realise that she has to go back and let Chloe's dad die because the consequences aren't worth it. Also, all the birds dying gave me serious Condemned vibes.

I hate waiting for months for these! Does the episodic nature really help this game at all? Just annoys me because I can't stand not knowing what happens.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hunter5024

Shit got real. It was a really good episode, the ending was pretty cool. I agree that it's unlikely they'll stick with this timeline for long. It makes most of what they've been building towards irrelevant. I'm not sure if they'll manage to deliver on the decisions people have made, but I'd like to see them try. Still if we spend the first 30 minutes of the next episode exploring what's different I'd be into that. I really don't want to wait 6 weeks.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeust

@hunter5024:

@alistercat:

True that sticking to this timeline, will make things Max has done and goals she worked for seem irrelevant, but she might go into a Butterfly Effect rampage, and try to find the best iteration for reality, or then again she might not, as there are only two chapters left for this season. But it would be cool to build upon this timeline, instead of scrapping it. Although David would get the shaft, then.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I liked that twist, I really hope they return to the original timeline. I was just starting to get invested Max and Chloe's (possibly romantic) relationship. It'd also be kind of lame if they just ditched those versions of the characters, along with all the choices you made in previous episodes.

Was anyone else not able to save Kate? Her suicide seemed like a major plot point and I can't imagine how that episode plays out with Kate alive.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably the slowest episode slowly moving the story forward but the bigger focus on relationships was really good, and that ending was fantastic. It will be interesting seeing where they will go from there.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fucking shit that episode was crazy. The best one by far. The voice acting and writing is getting better(or Iv'e gotten used to it). After the end of this one it's gonna be hard to wait for Episode 4!

So my theory for the future: Since Max went back in time and saved Chloe's dad, Chloe ended up being in the accident that would have killed William. It didn't kill her, but made her paraplegic. Also think it's likely that the accident killed Chloe's mother instead, so either way Chloe is left with a single biological parent. A thing to kind of teach Max/the player that if she continues to go back she has to realize that there some kind of fated design that wont stop accidents. They'll just get postponed or happen to someone else. Max will realize that she has to go back again, using the same photo she used to go back before since it was sill taken, and is going to have to let William die in order to get back the Chloe she knows.

Don't think they'll spend too much time in this alternate timeline. Maybe one half the episode. She might get alternate universe Warren to help her so he can continue his being Max's support team.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Max should have known that saving Choe's dad was a bad idea. Looking forward to more photo hopping (probably?).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeust

I feel like Max should have known that saving Choe's dad was a bad idea. Looking forward to more photo hopping (probably?).

I believe that they just introduced that ability.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octaslash said:

As much as I liked that twist, I really hope they return to the original timeline. I was just starting to get invested Max and Chloe's (possibly romantic) relationship. It'd also be kind of lame if they just ditched those versions of the characters, along with all the choices you made in previous episodes.

Was anyone else not able to save Kate? Her suicide seemed like a major plot point and I can't imagine how that episode plays out with Kate alive.

The romance was sort of interesting. Max is a pretty defined character, but it seems like they're giving the player a bit of agency over her sexuality.

My Kate was alive, but everybody was still pretty shaken up by her attempted suicide. There were a lot of well wishes around campus and a few people mentioned what a hero Max was for being there when she needed it.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked this episode a bit less than the other two, mainly because I kind of wanted more information over Rachel's disappearance. There was some but it felt like I still knew nothing after this episode ended.

But holy shit, that ending. The best one yet. I'm now eagerly anticipating episode 4.

Has Max not seen Back to the Future? If you fuck with the past, the present gets fucked too.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell of an episode, and what an incredibly evil place for a cliffhanger. They kept stretching it out just long enough to make me wonder just what kind of note they wanted to end on but even then I wasn't expecting to see Chloe in a wheelchair. Seeing that was a gutpunch after an episode with a lot of focus on their relationship.

I saw that I was able to take a picture of Chloe and William, as well as draw some graffiti on their fireplace. Hopefully I didn't overwrite that stuff with all of my rewinding as I was having a lot of trouble getting rid of those keys and dealing with that beeper. I'm thinking it'll probably come into play once we undo this big timeleap, probably as some kind of proof to show to Chloe. Though I'm thinking that even if we tell her that she ends up in a wheelchair, she'd probably want her dad back anyway. Damn, I want the next episode already.

I'm a bit worried about my choice to give Chloe the gun back, but I think it's better than the alternative. Frank will probably realize that we broke into his RV and I'd rather he not have a firearm when that happens. On the other hand, Chloe with a gun feels like it's just as dangerous. I guess I'll see where that goes.

I told that homeless lady the truth about the visions, and she thanked me for the warning. That had me thinking that maybe when the tornado happens she might not have survived without that interaction. I'm wondering if she'll have some role to play now.

Oh, and did anyone else drown the plant? I thought I was doing a good thing by watering it in every episode...

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redyoshi: My plants so fucking dead. Really bummed me out. Screw Kate, I thought about starting over the series just to save Lisa.

I was playing with a friend and somehow just in wondering out loud what would be wrong in the timeline that Chloe would be in a wheelchair and then POW: wheelchair. I assume that Max might just go back to her original timeline and just kind of wash her hands of the situation? In the preview for the next episode she was wearing her normal wardrobe (i.e. the one with the deer on it) and not the more preppy clothes she was wearing in the Vortex club. I don't know man, shit is getting crazy. As soon as she traveled to the past and affected the future I just started to get the hugest knot in my stomach. Now that they're added multiple time lines to deal with I'm freaking out.

Oh, and I chose Bacon and Eggs.

Overall: Enjoyed it!

turner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohh man.. i really really want to go back now and change my ending.. seeing Chloe in that wheelchair totally crushed me!!

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: Yeah, considering that I found out about Lisa's terrible fate only five minutes into the episode, I was seriously considering going back to episode 2 and smacking the water bottle out of Max's hand.

I noticed that about the clothes as well, but I also thought it could have been Max lashing out against the new timeline she found herself in by reverting back to her own style. I do think it's more likely that she finds a way to undo everything, though.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I have not read anything here...so I am super excited to go home and play it.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was a pretty slow episode and I'm getting a little sick of the collecting bits. The bottles bit from the previous episode was a real downer but the ending of this was just great. The initial shot of the blanket when Chloe's Dad calls her and Max's gasp. Was great stuff...

I do feel this twist might endanger all the time we've invested in the characters so far as they're probably totally different people now but, as others said, I don't think we'll be with this timeline too long. Most likely Max will try to "get back" but I can only imagine the only way is to find that photograph again in this reality. Won't be easy.

And what about Rachael... I've a theory... I think Max *is* Rachael. Some crossover between the timelines, Rachael probably won't exist in this new timeline. Even the nods of the other characters confusing Max with Rachael in this episode, the clothes perfectly fitting her etc etc. That's where my money is anyway. Great series though, can't wait to get the rest of them and I'm enjoying the episodic nature. Wish it was monthly rather than bi-montly though :(

Daemon069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right about the spot where I needed to get the keys off Frank for his RV, I paused for a smoke break and started thinking to myself that if this story is going to be spread across multiple seasons, I hope that each season gets some kind of a nice conclusion, a complete story if not the "whole" story. That got me thinking that episodes four and five are gonna have to move at a pretty breakneck pace to close off some story threads.

Then I stared too hard at a polaroid picture, saved my best friends dad and am now indirectly responsible for that same friend being a para/quadrapalegic

I love you, Life Is Strange, but fuck you Life Is Strange, I am absolutely gutted. This is quickly surpassing Telltales The Walking Dead as my favourite adventure game of all time.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just realized that Chole totally parked in the handicap spot in episode 1...

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished it last night and haven't been able to stop thinking about the ending. When Max pulled up to the house and I saw the ramp leading to the door I thought maybe her mum or dad had the same accident but it wasn't as serious somehow because they were on a bus, I didn't expect it to be Chloe at all.

I'm really torn on what I want to happen next time, I'd prefer them to go back to the original timeline so Chloe isn't injured but everyone seems happier in this timeline, it doesn't seem as fucked and even Chloe seems happy, or she liked seeing Max again at least. But like someone else mentioned, in the next episode bit it showed Max at the party in her old attire so maybe she does go back and if she does will she tell either of the Chloe's about it? I also just reread Flashpoint recently and wondering if she can get a note or something from Chloe's dad to explain things about why it has to be this way given she can timetravel with items in her inventory.

The Warren stuff is still bumming me out a bit because I'm more interested in the Chloe possibility purely because she's the kind of person I go for in real life...minus all the hellas. If you do have a choice in this I quite like it, purely because in the first episode after reading her diary and texts I felt I had to make certain choices because they fit the character that was put in front of me, but as she's hung out what Chloe more I feel ok about making her stand up for herself like she's gaining some confidence by hanging out with her.

I'm probably over thinking a lot of this but I am really looking forward to the next episode, which I honestly didn't expect after playing the first. I do hope the game does well enough to get a 2nd season, even if it's not the same characters or maybe a different power of some sort with someone else because I like how the story has been told. Maybe eventually it can lead to an Avengers style team, each with different powers headed by Chloe in the Nick Fury role.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

And what about Rachael... I've a theory... I think Max *is* Rachael. Some crossover between the timelines, Rachael probably won't exist in this new timeline. Even the nods of the other characters confusing Max with Rachael in this episode, the clothes perfectly fitting her etc etc. That's where my money is anyway. Great series though, can't wait to get the rest of them and I'm enjoying the episodic nature. Wish it was monthly rather than bi-montly though :(

I've considered that as well. Because I feel like one of the major rules of time travel stories is "if there is a major character you never directly meet in the story, that character will turn out to be the protagonist time traveling, or if there's an important/mysterious series of events that you never get a good look at, then the protagonist will be responsible for them via time travel." But on the other hand, Rachel Amber isn't some mystery girl who breezed into town; she has her own parents and stuff, and also you've seen a zillion photos of her and she doesn't look physically like Max. So I have my doubts. I'm finding it easier to believe that Rachel Amber is a separate person, and a significant chunk of episode 4 or 5 will be jumping back to a time before Rachel disappeared and somehow getting to know her? If Max was able to rewind time to a photo she was in (to save William), maybe the next logical step is to super rewind using a photo Max wasn't even in, to get to a location she was never at.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that Ep 3 ending. So when William answered the door and said something about "Chloe has been waiting for you to visit", I was suddenly like "Oh no, why wasn't she part of the Vortex Club with Max if Chloe's a normal/popular girl now?" and then "OH NO why has she been waiting for Max to come to her, can't she go find Max?" and then "OH NO SHE'S SUPER PARALYZED". Also, to everyone who thinks Chloe got struck by the same accident that was supposed to befall William that day, I don't think that happened? When one set of photos is erased for the other, you see Chloe looking pretty able-to-walk-around, like in the photo where her dad buys her a truck as a birthday present. So maybe this is a recent development? I agree with @clairvoyantvibrations that maybe some new accident killed Joyce and paralyzed Chloe, and maybe it happened relatively recently and Chloe is more well adjusted because even though Max left she had both of her parents for most of high school? Or maybe Joyce is fine. I actually wonder if Max might briefly try to fix that new accident while still keeping the William-is-alive timeline, then realize it's too much trouble because of the unintended consequences, and just go back to the original timeline. I also kinda expect that a major choice next episode will be whether or not you reveal to Chloe that Max was able to save Chloe's dad. And getting back to episode 3, I'm actually pretty impressed, because the Kate dies/Kate lives dialogue seems like it would have to be pretty different, plus all of the text messages and emails and news stories that would be different depending on which one happened, so kudos to DONTNOD for putting that stuff in there.

Also, the complete nonappearance of Samuel, the janitor, in this episode is perhaps sinking @dtd42's theory from the Ep 2 thread that Samuel is some kind of cryptic time lord who is aware that Max has time powers. But if I may supplant that theory with a new one, perhaps chill homeless woman behind the diner is, in fact, the time lord! She seems alright. It was interesting that this episode was almost entirely Chloe and her family, and I guess a bit of Frank and Nathan. Most of the schoolmates aren't major characters, but it was interesting that they basically don't appear at all except for a couple girls in the dorms at the very beginning, and Victoria's completely noninteractive cutscene. Props to the game for continuing to focus on Max and Chloe, and while they acknowledge the existence of a one-way/two-way crush between Max and Warren, there's so much crazy shit going on that Max isn't prioritizing thinking about boys.

Also, if you had told me that I'd play a game this year where you use a pipe bomb in a high school, I wouldn't have guessed that it would be Life Is Strange. Also, I think it's really funny that the game makes fun of how the first 2 episodes both had a "object in high place falls down inconveniently, use time powers to fix it" puzzle, so in the 3rd episode Max just uses a chair to get to the object in a high place.

Anyway, I still think this story is going to have a Donnie Darko-style tragic sacrifice to close the time loop. Specifically, going back to the first episode and letting Chloe get shot (the moment where Max deviates from the natural chain of events), because maybe that's the only time Nathan ever slips up enough that he could actually be arrested, and if you don't "get him" then, somehow Nathan does some super fucked up thing in episode 5. I'll admit that sounds like kind of a shitty reason for Chloe to die, so maybe there will be some other reason, but I still think preventing Chloe's death is the "butterfly effect" moment and it literally had a butterfly, so surely the story is going to revisit that moment. Maybe Max will take the bullet for Chloe, to undo all of her timeline tampering? On the other hand, I think the banner that had been torn down by the tornado up by the lighthouse in the nightmare in the very first episode had something like the year 1910 on it, and an optional news report you can watch in ep 3 said something about the freak snowfall and how there hasn't been weather that strange in over a hundred years, so I wonder if she has the timeline all wrong and the tornado actually already happened a hundred years ago? Except that seems lame because I don't see how that is significant at all, so maybe I'm just misremembering the banner. Also ghost deer is still confusing as fuck.

In closing:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I totally agree with you about the Donnie Darko thing. Either Chloe or Max is going to have to die at the end. Or Max can go find Chloe before it all happens and warn her that Nathan has a gun so David/Mr. Jefferson/Principal Wells (I think this would be a choice) can bust him in the act before she gets shot. I think it doesn't matter how it happens, but Nathan has to go down to right the timelines.
    Honestly though, I think it is going to be tragic. Most of these stories end on a very bitter sweet note, especially Donnie Darko, and Life is Strange has been channeling it's inner Donnie Darko since the start.

EDIT: I just thought this after making my initial post. I would not be surprised if they killed Max at the end of this. They were willing to depict teen suicide, shootings in a school, and people getting hit by trains. I think they'd do it. And I think it would make for a much more interesting story if they do.

Really enjoyed in this episode that it seems like they're giving you some agency over Max's sexuality. Or at least hinting at Chloe's and her desire to be more than just friends with Max. I went down that path (kissed Chloe in the bedroom, complimented her on her style in the pool). I like it because it gives Max a more interesting arc. They have the potential to make Max 'discover herself' -for lack of a better term- for the players who chose that route.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By papercut

@bisonhero: My friend had a theory that Rachel could be Rachel the homeless woman. Like she could of gone back like Max and somehow lost her powers and was forced to life normally up to this point, maybe losing her memory in the process.

And yeah, I don't see this story ending without someone you care about suffering or you having to sacrifice yourself. They've only got 2 days left to save to town, find the truth about Rachel, find out what really happened to Kate at the party, what's the deal with Nathan Prescott and a number of other lose ends. And that's just if she goes back to her original time line.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: "Rachel could be Rachel" just blew my mind, because I don't even understand what we're talking about anymore.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Sorry, I'm dumb. I meant the homeless woman.

Also I randomly booted up the game just now to go back and get some collectables I missed when I noticed my saved game says I was last at "Alternate Main Campus." Not really sure what to make of that. That seems like a odd distinction to make as far as in game stuff goes. Could be nothing. Could be a sign that we'll see a lot of "alternate" levels to come and the game felt the need to distinguish between the multiple versions.

I hope we go way back and get Back to the Future III cowboy variants of everyone.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

@bisonhero: Sorry, I'm dumb. I meant the homeless woman.

Also I randomly booted up the game just now to go back and get some collectables I missed when I noticed my saved game says I was last at "Alternate Main Campus." Not really sure what to make of that. That seems like a odd distinction to make as far as in game stuff goes. Could be nothing. Could be a sign that we'll see a lot of "alternate" levels to come and the game felt the need to distinguish between the multiple versions.

I'm guessing we'll get something like "alternate Chloe's house" and maybe "alternate dorms" before Max says "Nope, this is way too fucked up, I need to go back and let William die." I agree it's weird that they gave the location a different name at all, but maybe it'll make sense next episode where if you just bounce around between the campus and Chloe's house, it'll be a nice player convenience to know at which point you return to the original timeline.

@papercut said:

I hope we go way back and get Back to the Future III cowboy variants of everyone.

This is the best possible outcome. Can't wait for "Mad Dog" Prescott!

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Life is Strange Episode 3 was INCREDIBLE! :D :D :D :D :D OH MY GOD! I think it's had its big moment, you know? The end of Episode 3 feels like the "Grow the Beard" moment where you suddenly realize that this has a lot more to it than what you initially surmised.

There's a lot of great stuff throughout the runtime but HOLY SHIT does the last 15 minutes take the cake for most amazing thing. First off, realizing she was developing some photo sight power was incredible, but when you realize she can literally go Back to the Past? Holy shit that was mind blowing! Especially when she realized she wasn't just WATCHING the past, she WAS the past! So amazing. And then yeah, well, history gone and changed.

OH MY GOD! She Back To The Futured! She Marty McFlyed! She changed EVERYTHING! To me this reminds me SO MUCH of the moment where in Bioshock Infinite you universe jumped leaving the previous universe behind. That moment did so much to change the stakes. Suddenly everything felt mutable. Suddenly things said, things done were effectively erased except as far as the character was concerned. Happy memories, that was all that was left of the previous universe. That's all that's left now of the previous timeline. It's profound, and bizarre, and incredibly gutsy, and I love it!

Also, goddamn that reveal of Timeline B Cloe! How'd she get sick? Some sort of cosmic repercussion for saving someone from Death themself? Can it be fixed with further Marty McFlying? How will Max feel? Sidenote, Max is in the vortex club! Warren is dating Stella! This new timeline is CRAY

I'm giddy right now. Hats off to the folk at Dontnod, this series is the best.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By redyoshi

@themasterds: Yeah, I feel much the same way about this episode. The series has definitely turned a corner in my eyes, like from 'pretty good' to 'this seriously might end up as one of my favorite games of the year.' I was worried after episode two, as I felt like the ending was undermined by some real clunkiness, but this episode to me felt a lot tighter all around. Probably helped that it was largely focused on two characters, but hey, they're my two favorite characters, so I'm not gonna complain about that. I feel like the ending could have easily lost a lot of impact if it was fumbled a bit like episode two's, but I suppose this one was a lot easier to pull off since this episode didn't do the old 'throwing your choices back in your face' thing these types of adventure games seem to be so fond of doing.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeust

In the chapter there is also an hilariously sadistic remark.

If Kate died, there is a comment from a jock in Max's facebook page that states: "At least when we lose, nobody dies."

It's so cruel and juvenile. I can help but laugh at it.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Despite some of my issues with the dialogue I freckin' love this game. This is the only episodic game I have played so far where I haven't felt let down by a single episode. Granted the season isn't over yet, but I hope Dontnod can go the distance with this one.

And yes the ending to this episode was fucking rough.

Life is strange is without a doubt the most interesting game released so far in 2015, even if it is flawed in some regards. When it's all done I might try to write a review or just something about this game because it's honestly the only game that has really grabbed me this year.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Max may assume Kate's role in this timeline. When she came to from her time trip, she was in the vortex club circle just as Kate was until her video indecent at the dance club. In the post credit teaser, Max is shown to be at the club alongside a few others from the vortex club... Just a theory but I think max will be the outcast instead of Kate in the new timeline. I think things are about to go really bad for Max unless she can sense what's coming.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BisonHero

@lkpower said:

I think that Max may assume Kate's role in this timeline. When she came to from her time trip, she was in the vortex club circle just as Kate was until her video indecent at the dance club. In the post credit teaser, Max is shown to be at the club alongside a few others from the vortex club... Just a theory but I think max will be the outcast instead of Kate in the new timeline. I think things are about to go really bad for Max unless she can sense what's coming.

Max was hanging out with Victoria and Nathan and everybody in the Vortex Club in the alternate time line, so it seems like she is somehow one of the cool kids. My guess was that the change in timeline maybe changed some dynamic with Max, Chloe, and Rachel Amber, but I think if Max were the "Kate" they would just toss her an invite then Nathan would drug her, not go to the trouble of getting into some elaborate con where they pretend to be her friend.

I'm guessing Max attends their party to investigate, either in the alternate timeline where she's part of the inner circle, or in the original timeline where (depending on what actions you take) you either convince them to put Max on the guest list, or get into the party through less scrupulous means.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By donchipotle

Regarding Rachel Amber, I don't think she is Max, if only because of them having totally different hair/eye colors. My favorite theory, and the one I'm going with in light of information given in episode three is that Rachel is somehow stuck in time. Max mentions more than once how she doesn't want to become 'stuck in time', and Nathan is clearly freaking out because he's seen something he probably shouldn't have ("Rachel in the Dark Room, Rachel in the Dark Room"). Since Max was shown to be able to place herself into a younger version of herself via photographs maybe Rachel has similar powers and in trying to prevent her Vortex Club mistake wound up trapped in time.

Someone is leaving cryptic messages. There are 'holes to another universe' scribbled on walls, there's a message about how it is bigger than you think, spirit animals abound, someone is trying to communicate. We haven't seen if the butterfly you can draw in the past is still there, but if it is, someone is leaving messages because they know Max has the same ability. Because who leaves cryptic, apocalyptic messages in a diner bathroom?

So while I don't think Rachel is Max, I do think Rachel could be LIKE Max in that she was messing with a power she clearly didn't understand and wound up trapped in time and is communicating via cryptic message. Or maybe, in light of episode three, the one leaving the messages is Max. Someone's trapped in time. Either way, a tornado is the least of Arcadia Bay's concerns, what with all the dead animals popping up.

TN04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a tweet from Klepek saying something like "Holy shit that ending" so I expected something to happen. I almost thought that after the talk Chloe and Max had in the car before she was gonna commit suicide with the gun that she may of had.

I doubt the scene from the episode 4 preview is from the alternative timeline, I believe she was still invited to the vortex club in the main one, not sure. Also the whale's washed up on shore was weird, which may suggest that the tornado is still gonna happen.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this is just sort of a tag-up to my first post in the topic, but episode three is the first time that Chloe's life was never in danger. Which is only mentioned because Chloe was the catalyst for Max's power starting in the first place. What does it mean, what does it all mean.

majorzero64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tip for feeling even more crushed by the ending:

Remember back to when you stole the money from the school's handicap fund in the principal's office.

I left the money but remembered that moment shortly after the credits and figured that'd be a real bad feeling, lol.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Chloe was parked in the handicap spot in the first episode. It's almost karmic.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Chloe was parked in the handicap spot in the first episode. It's almost karmic.

Or foreshadowing.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

What an awesome ending. It was so well done to with the music and neither character talking to one another. I'm continually impressed by this game. I remember liking what Remember Me was trying to do but the writing got in the way and the story ended up falling apart. This game has that game's energy and enthusiasm but matches it with better writing talent. I could totally see this game being my personal game of the year because it has left such a strong impression.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this episode and the way that it wrapped up, I can honestly say that so far this game might be my game of the year. It has made me feel connected to the characters in a way that only the Walking Dead Season 1 did, but his is to the next level. I don't know if it is because I am a college student that wants to get out of his hometown just as bad as Chloe does, or if it is because I connect with Max on the level of being lost and trying to find herself.(Though by the way I played this episode, Max is starting to find confidence in herself with her decisions i.e. Standing up to David, Kissing Chloe). Overall this is just fantastic episode that the next two episodes can build on.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By papercut

@blackblade500: As far as the next two episodes i feel like the game can do a lot in the next 2 episodes, which is something I feel the Walking Dead games struggled with. Both Seasons of WD, regardless of quality, peaked at episode 3, coasted on episode 4 and finished strong/average at 5. With this episode of LiS they had a slower episode with a lot of character development but left you with a cliffhanger that kicked you in the gut. I want to see were it goes now so bad! AND WE STILL HAVE 2 EPISODES! There's plenty of time (hopefully) to deal with the number of conflicts they've set up over the season and could either try to tie up everything nice and tight or leave stuff open for a season 2.

As far as GotY, I really like they game so far but I have a hard time defending the dialog. It's not great but I find it acceptable based on the fact that I assume teenage girls have terrible dialog in real life and being from Northern California I'm used to the use of hella.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: being around fellow college students all day, this is how a lot of college students talk, hell I say "hella" more than I probably should. So when I see people talk about the dialogue being bad, I feel like they just need to spend more time on a college campus, then they would be like"yep this game nails it". I feel like this game just has that "it" factor that gets talked about, there is something there that is unlike anything else, but you can't put your finger on just what it is

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By monkeyking1969

@schromium said:

@grtkbrandon said:

I like both but I don't think the crossover is too large.

Most people can go through #3 of LiS in about 1 hr, so gamers might as well do that first. After that take a big bite out of Witcher while you wait for Episode #4. So far LiS has shown up Witcher in terms of a hard hitting story, so much so that I think LiS has nothing to worry about.

Okay, lets look at what happened:

SamuelDon't look if you didn't look in on him
    [No really...if you didn't catch this, don't read ----warning over---] So if you walk into his tool room off the dorm you can find two clue that show a girl is hiding, or being hidden, behind the second door. . The clues can have one of three meanings: A) Rachel is hiding herself. B) Samuel is hiding her. C) Samuel has kidnapped her. She is not dead yet...I say yet because I think that will be a choice you have to make.

Max and Chloe
    I rather doubt there will be a 'path' for romance between the two, it would be interesting and I'd be for it. But somehow I think it complicates the story in a direction that cannot be resolved with so many other thing up in the air.

Chloe & Franks RV
    I was only alble to get into one set of vents? Is taht normal? I found one with pictures and letters implicating that they were going out. But I could only open one vent, they other once was not accessible after I opened the first. I cannot tell if I had the option to NOT show Chloe, but I did show her - I wish I hadn't. I think much of this point to Frank being just a hardass and not the drug dealer, he likely needs that $5,000 for his dog. I think we need to find a way to pay Frank back soon.

David Madsen and Chloe
    I hate to say it but while the game is trying to hang a lot of dank shit on David is a smoke screen, I think he is the only one trying to help kids and the school. I disliked siding with Chloe in the fight, but I didn't see a choice since she needed me to back her up . There was no good choice in that fight, but I do sort of wonder if siding with him then could have helped...he is not ready for my help yet. I think losing Joyce might snap him out of his fighting mode. He is going to be important for solving this case....sorry that's just how I see it...he is not wrong.

Photo Time Travel
    Not to be a downer, but Ep #4 shows same old Max, not fancy Max at the Vortex club dance. I think the phot time travel is only a glimpse at what was and what can be but it is not permanent. I think early in the next episode she will snap back to the old reality, you won't get a choice. I think at most you will talk with crippled Chloe to gain a clue, and then your nose will bleed and you will pass out. When you wake up Chloe is punk again and her dad is dead. I think you will use that "go back in a picture" a few more times. There are MANY photos in that game where you would like to go back to that moment right?

Nathan Prescott
    I hate to say it, but it seems like Nathan is abused by his father...or at least bullied. He is not innocent, but I suspect we will find out more about how horrible Nathan's home life is soon.

Brookie Scott (nerd girl w/ quad-copter who likes Warren)
    I still think Brooke has some underhanded shit going on. I wouldn't trust her at all, she is going to come at you with claws-bared when you go on that date Warren. She KNOW where the theater is, she knows the night, she is going to interrupt that date with some DRAMA.

Victoria Chase (rich mean girl)
    If i can affect who win the contest, I think I will make Victoria Chase win, she wants it and I think 90% of the shit she gives Max is over that. I'll give her the win, to get her off my back. Also, I think she was trying to seduce the teacher for Nathan. That's right hat whole thing about seducing the teacher was because Nathan said he needed leverage on him. That is why after she failed she didn't seem upset so much as "oh, well, that didn't work"

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By monkeyking1969

Does anyone else feel sort of railroaded into dating Warren. I was trying to play just cool and get him with Brookie, but then they story get really insiatnt where you can only turn him down or go to the movie. I also get the hint that if you keep turning Warren down he will flip out. Well he woudl cry and get mad at you....and he's not a bad dude.

I notice that when you come back and you're different, you notice Brookie with Warren and she seems sad....but I actually don't care! It is a real pet peeve for me when games give you not or little choice in romances. Warren is nice, but she WANTS something more exciting, right? Max is always talking about sk8ter boys and she kissed Chloe....I think the Warren romance is going to go nowhere good.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: I kinda did at first but I turned down his movie invite, and I haven't really gotten the sense that he's gonna freak out over it. He does keep sending those pushy texts, and it is pretty annoying, but nothing aside from that. I feel like there's way more chemistry for the Chloe option than there is for Warren, but maybe I'm reading into things too much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.