Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

anyone interested in doing series retrospective podcast?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So,I'm at the final boss on LRFF13. I'll have to retool and try to beat him tonight but needless to say I'll be done pretty soon. So here is the thing. I used to do a podcast with some friends for fun and have been itching to do it again.

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am and seeing if we can't throw together a series retrospective podcast covering the FF13 trilogy. This is by no means a ironclad commitment just yet but throwing out the feelers to gauge interest.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm not but I'm to tag @hailinel to make sure he sees this.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@demoskinos said:

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am

You mean @hailinel and @hailinel doing a funny voice? (I can see this thread pissing him off about thirty tagged posts from now.)

(I'd probably volunteer if I'd ever played Lightning Returns.)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm not here to volunteer, but you can count on at least one person listening if you end up doing one.

Me :D

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'm not here to volunteer, but you can count on at least one person listening if you end up doing one.

Me :D

ditto

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I can pretend to be authoritative about Final Fantasy, but I also haven't played half the games in the series. So... I'll listen to it and then get upset when FFV gets the short shrift.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GabrielCantor

I don't really have any experience podcasting, but I've got a pretty good mic and would probably be up for it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've only just gotten myself about 30 hours deep on the first game, so I'm a bit too far off to commit to anything like that.

Howerver, I look forward to listening to it after I finish up the series.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you need someone who hasn't played a single game in the series, I'm that guy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Indeed. Id like to get him on. And then once everyone thinks its a podcast about Final Fantasy XIII SURPRISE! Its actually going to be two hours of both of us talking about Vocaloid stuff! :p

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If I had a mic I would totally do this =/ I'll definitely listen though.

@hailinel@hailinel

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bigjeffrey

Paradigm shift Claire Nova Crystallis the Savior, im knee deep in this 13 lore.

You have my ears.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, but I'd definitely listen to it. It's always nice to see more JRPG related content on this site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested. I used to be part of a video game podcast with some friends, I love podcasting!

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally would but the only FF's I actually *liked* are FF1, FF4, FF6 and FF7. I know a good deal about FF6 and FF4 in particular, and could go into great detail about them. I didn't like FF12 that much despite trying to like it.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well .... I just replayed FFXIII this jan , played FFXIII-2 this february and also already beated Lighting returns , so if you just tell me when and Iwill try to get a decent mic for this :D , also you get the wonderfull perspective of an non US duder with me

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

Depends on the time and also I'm only on like day 7 or Lightning Returns but if I'm free I'd love to pitch in.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I'm not but I'm to tag @hailinel to make sure he sees this.

I'm seeing it! It's sounds like something I'd love participating in. I do not have a microphone though, so that's something I would need to get taken care of (though honestly I could use a reason to get one anyway).

@demoskinos said:

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am

You mean @hailinel and @hailinel doing a funny voice? (I can see this thread pissing him off about thirty tagged posts from now.)

(I'd probably volunteer if I'd ever played Lightning Returns.)

I have to warn you guys now. I am a terrible falsetto.

@believer258: Indeed. Id like to get him on. And then once everyone thinks its a podcast about Final Fantasy XIII SURPRISE! Its actually going to be two hours of both of us talking about Vocaloid stuff! :p

Hey, there's always room for both, right?

Seriously though, buying a microphone is no skin off my back. If I can get everything set up on my end this is something I'd love to try participating in.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#21  Edited By Slag

Man this just reminds me I really need to get this off my backlog pronto. I was so looking forward to this game, then I just got distracted by my ever increasingly Steam backlog.

I'd totally be interested in listening to this if you guys do it, once I finish the game that is.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd love to jump in on something like this but don't have a mic or anything. Would gladly listen though.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

So did this go anywhere yet? I might be willing to pitch in, though I might be a bit cynical about gameplay things.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus said:

So did this go anywhere yet? I might be willing to pitch in, though I might be a bit cynical about gameplay things.

Not yet.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

@demoskinos: There seems to be enough interest to maybe throw one of these together. I think the XIII series has some of of my favorite games of the entire series in it, especially Lightning Returns. I would love to explore why exactly it is I enjoyed them so much.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel

I just wrapped up Lighting Returns, and I'm totally up for talking about it if this is still a thing.

And I just wrapped up a New Game + run last night. I'm still up for this if others are.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who is in the middle of a blog series about the series, I'd totally be willing to participate if this is still a thing that is in the works.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope it turns out well. I didn't play 13-2 because I want a big game of the year copy with the DLC of Gilgamesh and Ultros.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: I don't think there's a physical one, but I think on PSN/XBLM there's a "Complete Edition" or something that comes with all the DLC. If I remember right, it came out right after I bought my copy which was a bit of a bummer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,I'm just gonna be honest here while this was initially my idea all of my free time right now is basically being consumed nay....held hostage by Dark Souls II. If you guys wanna carry on with the idea by all means go for it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Im still up for the challenge , but I dont have the equipment to orchestate the whole deal (only have my integrated mic on my laptop) , but I can participate on the podcast .... if anyone cares ^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still interested. I have a fair amount of experience podcasting. If we can pick a date, I can figure out the logistics and update you all with the info.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,I'm just gonna be honest here while this was initially my idea all of my free time right now is basically being consumed nay....held hostage by Dark Souls II. If you guys wanna carry on with the idea by all means go for it.

Well, I guess it'll be up to someone else to orchestrate the how and when on this, then. I know that I don't have enough experience with microphone chat over the internet to really know what the best approach to doing this is, so someone else will have to work on the logistics.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aetheldod

@MikeFerrari7: For me any day is ok .... the "benefits" of unemployment :P

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A weekend or any evening except Tuesday (free after 9 PM EST or so) works for me as long as I have a bit of notice.

Time zones are the big consideration here -- I'm on the east coast, and as I recall @hailinel is on the west coast. That's a 3 hour spread, and assuming people with jobs won't be free until 6:30 or so, we'd be talking about 6:30 PST/9:30 EST. If we have anyone from Europe, we'd definitely have to record on the weekend to account for the 8 hour spread.

Yep, I'm on the west coast. Complicating things for me is the fact that my job is asking for crunch hours from me. Not game industry death march crunch, but I am working slightly longer hours. Even so, if we were to hold this at some point between 6:30 and 9:30 on a weeknight (or potentially an earlier time on a weekend), I should be able to make it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.