anyone interested in doing series retrospective podcast?

#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

So,I'm at the final boss on LRFF13. I'll have to retool and try to beat him tonight but needless to say I'll be done pretty soon. So here is the thing. I used to do a podcast with some friends for fun and have been itching to do it again.

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am and seeing if we can't throw together a series retrospective podcast covering the FF13 trilogy. This is by no means a ironclad commitment just yet but throwing out the feelers to gauge interest.

#2 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

I'm not but I'm to tag @hailinel to make sure he sees this.

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am

You mean @hailinel and @hailinel doing a funny voice? (I can see this thread pissing him off about thirty tagged posts from now.)

(I'd probably volunteer if I'd ever played Lightning Returns.)

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5402 posts) -

I'm not here to volunteer, but you can count on at least one person listening if you end up doing one.

Me :D

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3530 posts) -

I'm not here to volunteer, but you can count on at least one person listening if you end up doing one.

Me :D

ditto

#6 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11613 posts) -

I can pretend to be authoritative about Final Fantasy, but I also haven't played half the games in the series. So... I'll listen to it and then get upset when FFV gets the short shrift.

#7 Edited by Epidehl (286 posts) -

I don't really have any experience podcasting, but I've got a pretty good mic and would probably be up for it.

#8 Edited by Chaser324 (6404 posts) -

I've only just gotten myself about 30 hours deep on the first game, so I'm a bit too far off to commit to anything like that.

Howerver, I look forward to listening to it after I finish up the series.

#9 Posted by Aegon (5484 posts) -

If you need someone who hasn't played a single game in the series, I'm that guy.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

@believer258: Indeed. Id like to get him on. And then once everyone thinks its a podcast about Final Fantasy XIII SURPRISE! Its actually going to be two hours of both of us talking about Vocaloid stuff! :p

#11 Posted by Petiew (1344 posts) -
#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

If I had a mic I would totally do this =/ I'll definitely listen though.

@hailinel @hailinel

#13 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4917 posts) -

Paradigm shift Claire Nova Crystallis the Savior, im knee deep in this 13 lore.

You have my ears.

#14 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1147 posts) -

Nope, but I'd definitely listen to it. It's always nice to see more JRPG related content on this site.

#15 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (187 posts) -

I'm interested. I used to be part of a video game podcast with some friends, I love podcasting!

#16 Posted by Fitzgerald (268 posts) -

I totally would but the only FF's I actually *liked* are FF1, FF4, FF6 and FF7. I know a good deal about FF6 and FF4 in particular, and could go into great detail about them. I didn't like FF12 that much despite trying to like it.

#17 Posted by Neonie (438 posts) -
#18 Posted by Aetheldod (3551 posts) -

Well .... I just replayed FFXIII this jan , played FFXIII-2 this february and also already beated Lighting returns , so if you just tell me when and Iwill try to get a decent mic for this :D , also you get the wonderfull perspective of an non US duder with me

#19 Edited by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -

Depends on the time and also I'm only on like day 7 or Lightning Returns but if I'm free I'd love to pitch in.

#20 Edited by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

I'm not but I'm to tag @hailinel to make sure he sees this.

I'm seeing it! It's sounds like something I'd love participating in. I do not have a microphone though, so that's something I would need to get taken care of (though honestly I could use a reason to get one anyway).

@demoskinos said:

I might be interested in getting two other people from GB who are as enthusiastic about the series as I am

You mean @hailinel and @hailinel doing a funny voice? (I can see this thread pissing him off about thirty tagged posts from now.)

(I'd probably volunteer if I'd ever played Lightning Returns.)

I have to warn you guys now. I am a terrible falsetto.

@believer258: Indeed. Id like to get him on. And then once everyone thinks its a podcast about Final Fantasy XIII SURPRISE! Its actually going to be two hours of both of us talking about Vocaloid stuff! :p

Hey, there's always room for both, right?

Seriously though, buying a microphone is no skin off my back. If I can get everything set up on my end this is something I'd love to try participating in.

#21 Edited by Slag (4236 posts) -

Man this just reminds me I really need to get this off my backlog pronto. I was so looking forward to this game, then I just got distracted by my ever increasingly Steam backlog.

I'd totally be interested in listening to this if you guys do it, once I finish the game that is.

#22 Posted by XenoNick (1398 posts) -

I'd love to jump in on something like this but don't have a mic or anything. Would gladly listen though.

#23 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

So did this go anywhere yet? I might be willing to pitch in, though I might be a bit cynical about gameplay things.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

@dochaus said:

So did this go anywhere yet? I might be willing to pitch in, though I might be a bit cynical about gameplay things.

Not yet.

#25 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1563 posts) -

I could be talked into participating in this, though I'm not very confident of my ability to put together interesting thoughts in real time, and I'd be a bit of a buzzkill during the XIII-2 discussion. I also just started Lightning Returns yesterday, so timing could be a problem.

Either way, I'd love to hear this if it pans out.

#26 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1563 posts) -

I just wrapped up Lighting Returns, and I'm totally up for talking about it if this is still a thing.

#27 Posted by wemibelec90 (1621 posts) -

@demoskinos: There seems to be enough interest to maybe throw one of these together. I think the XIII series has some of of my favorite games of the entire series in it, especially Lightning Returns. I would love to explore why exactly it is I enjoyed them so much.

#28 Edited by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

I just wrapped up Lighting Returns, and I'm totally up for talking about it if this is still a thing.

And I just wrapped up a New Game + run last night. I'm still up for this if others are.

#29 Posted by DonChipotle (2716 posts) -

As someone who is in the middle of a blog series about the series, I'd totally be willing to participate if this is still a thing that is in the works.

#30 Posted by crithon (3120 posts) -

i hope it turns out well. I didn't play 13-2 because I want a big game of the year copy with the DLC of Gilgamesh and Ultros.

#31 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1563 posts) -
#32 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

@crithon: I don't think there's a physical one, but I think on PSN/XBLM there's a "Complete Edition" or something that comes with all the DLC. If I remember right, it came out right after I bought my copy which was a bit of a bummer.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

So,I'm just gonna be honest here while this was initially my idea all of my free time right now is basically being consumed nay....held hostage by Dark Souls II. If you guys wanna carry on with the idea by all means go for it.

#34 Posted by Aetheldod (3551 posts) -

Well Im still up for the challenge , but I dont have the equipment to orchestate the whole deal (only have my integrated mic on my laptop) , but I can participate on the podcast .... if anyone cares ^^

#35 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (187 posts) -

I'm still interested. I have a fair amount of experience podcasting. If we can pick a date, I can figure out the logistics and update you all with the info.

#36 Posted by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

So,I'm just gonna be honest here while this was initially my idea all of my free time right now is basically being consumed nay....held hostage by Dark Souls II. If you guys wanna carry on with the idea by all means go for it.

Well, I guess it'll be up to someone else to orchestrate the how and when on this, then. I know that I don't have enough experience with microphone chat over the internet to really know what the best approach to doing this is, so someone else will have to work on the logistics.

#37 Edited by Aetheldod (3551 posts) -

@MikeFerrari7: For me any day is ok .... the "benefits" of unemployment :P

#38 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1563 posts) -

A weekend or any evening except Tuesday (free after 9 PM EST or so) works for me as long as I have a bit of notice.

Time zones are the big consideration here -- I'm on the east coast, and as I recall @hailinel is on the west coast. That's a 3 hour spread, and assuming people with jobs won't be free until 6:30 or so, we'd be talking about 6:30 PST/9:30 EST. If we have anyone from Europe, we'd definitely have to record on the weekend to account for the 8 hour spread.

#39 Posted by Hailinel (24382 posts) -

A weekend or any evening except Tuesday (free after 9 PM EST or so) works for me as long as I have a bit of notice.

Time zones are the big consideration here -- I'm on the east coast, and as I recall @hailinel is on the west coast. That's a 3 hour spread, and assuming people with jobs won't be free until 6:30 or so, we'd be talking about 6:30 PST/9:30 EST. If we have anyone from Europe, we'd definitely have to record on the weekend to account for the 8 hour spread.

Yep, I'm on the west coast. Complicating things for me is the fact that my job is asking for crunch hours from me. Not game industry death march crunch, but I am working slightly longer hours. Even so, if we were to hold this at some point between 6:30 and 9:30 on a weeknight (or potentially an earlier time on a weekend), I should be able to make it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.