Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

Are there free-to-play mechanics in Lightning Returns?

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By astrophyle

Can anyone tell me to what extent the DLC or microtransactions are present in Lightning Returns? I was about to buy it and thought I should ask first. I don't mind a few costumes, like what FF13-2 had, but I don't want to see it pop up in my game at all, if possible. If it's buried in a menu somewhere, I don't mind it being there. I will definitely avoid it though if there is a free-to-play currency or some other gross mechanic, like what Forza had.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@astrophyle: You can buy DLC schema (costumes) for different assortments of outfits and abilites that aren't in the base game. It's not really a free-to-play game, though. Just a standard disc-based game with pay DLC.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hailinel said:

@astrophyle: You can buy DLC schema (costumes) for different assortments of outfits and abilites that aren't in the base game. It's not really a free-to-play game, though. Just a standard disc-based game with pay DLC.

You clearly left out the information about the coin doubler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.