Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

Extended Jump Festa trailer released.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

It contains some of the same footage as the debut trailer that leaked out earlier this week, but it contains more footage and highlights some additional mechanics. Looks like the game has a proper day/night cycle:

Yes, I realize that there is already a thread for the first trailer, but I didn't want this to get buried in the sea of replies it already has.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

They really need to touch up that framerate, but beyond that it looks cool.

It occured to me that this game is sort of like the opposite of the SMT view of god (and I guess the other 13 games were too).

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Morrow

Although the time limit thing is a huge put off to me, the fact you can finally roam around free in a big city is a huge plus :)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I just realized, maybe they'll make the time limit mechanic work like Majora's Mask. Really hope they don't go the Dead Rising route, but then again I never played enough of that game to really appreciate and get to know the limitations of that game.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CaptainCharisma

All I wanted out of these sequels was more Sazh. Either way I'll play this eventually. Hope it's good!

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Why does the framerate look even worse in this trailer?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By kerse

I really liked 13 and 13-2, but every one of these trailers are just kinda worrying me about the game, I really hope it turns out well.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Petiew

Lots of new info released on the game. Here
    There's a dressphere-like system, multiple continents including a wlderness based one with small villages and an expansive desert. Quests, mark hunting and even a weird Yakuza-like restaraunt system. It also says the build used in the trailers is very early, and contains lots of placeholders, so that might explain the bad framerate.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@Petiew: I just read an article on the game over at Penny Arcade Report, the costume/class change system sounds really interesting. It'll be really interesting to see what a more fleshed-out version of the game looks like when they're ready to show it.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew
    @Hailinel: Thanks for the heads up, I just went over there and read the article.
    Lightning's DLC battle in XIII-2 didn't feel as satisfying to me as the regular battles with 3 characters so initially I was kind of apprehensive about Lightning being the only character in battle. But the new mechanics definitely do look interesting and hopefully they flesh out the battle system enough. More classes/dresspheres is always a plus.
    I'm looking forward to see more of the finished product as well, especially some of the new environments and shops that've been mentioned.
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TobbRobb

@Hailinel: @Petiew: You guys are bringers of hope! I'm actually pretty hyped up now. Sounds like it could en up fun.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I love that she looks completely fucking ridiculous even next to the other people in the game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

This game is pretty high on my imaginary 'most anticipated' list. Can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.