Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

Lightning Returns Demo: Featuring Sand Surfing

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Surf's up! COWABUNGAAAAA...It looks pretty. Also, you can customize your costume colours.

Sucks that we can't embed videos from anything but youtube. Embedding from anything else works in the editor but not when you post...weird.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Wow so much combat and inventory/menu gameplay. This could easily be my favorite Final Fantasy XIII game. That combat system look bad ass and really involved and I love how many items you can equip her with, and how you can customize skills for each of the three sets... so excited!

Game looks fantastic.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

That was a great gameplay demo and really did a lot to highlight both the combat and the equipment/customization without even providing an explanation in English. That's some great environmental work, too.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By FreakAche

The whole time limit thing seems interesting. Do we know if this is a Pikmin situation or more of a Majora's Mask scenario? Or perhaps something else entirely?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel

The whole time limit thing seems interesting. Do we know if this is a Pikmin situation or more of a Majora's Mask scenario? Or perhaps something else entirely?

Somewhere in between, it seems. It doesn't sound like Lightning can rewind time like Ocarina, but she can do things to affect its flow.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

man I wish this game was out already.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The things that I was reading about the game made it sound like it was going to be more action focused then previous games. (Which it is but I was thinking more of a dark/demon's souls approach of control) Kinda bummed that it's not and that we are still going into a seperate battle screen. Also is Lightening changing clothes in relation to a job class change like in X-2?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

The things that I was reading about the game made it sound like it was going to be more action focused then previous games. (Which it is but I was thinking more of a dark/demon's souls approach of control) Kinda bummed that it's not and that we are still going into a seperate battle screen. Also is Lightening changing clothes in relation to a job class change like in X-2?

It is more action focused, in that you can move Lightning during battle with the left stick and different buttons on the controller map directly to battle commands rather than going through a menu. And yeah, her outfits are sort of like job classes, from what I gather.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That gameplay was pretty awesome. I definitely like the customization options that they are doing for Lightning. Shame this is so still so far off but it'll be the sole reason I'll be hanging on to my PS3.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

well it looks far better than the other 2, combat reminds me if Pandora's Tower for some reason, but there doesn't seem to be a point in going into a battle screen now may as well just fight in the very environment. And random battles seem even more superfluous. The little customisations to weapons and gear remind me quite a bit of Xenoblade.

By the looks of it Lightning can change class while fighting, which i guess excludes any need for an extended cast.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By JZ

-Gasp- dress spheres

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.