So what difficulty has everyone been playing on?

#1 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

And how have you been doing so far? I just it and I'm curious as to what difficulty I should choose. Judging from reviews, normal mode seems to kick your ass. :P

#2 Posted by DonChipotle (2714 posts) -

I'm on normal and I've only died once. To a three star side quest monster.

#3 Edited by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

Haven't started the game just yet but I plan to play on Normal.

#4 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah, I'm just about to start and I think I'm just gonna go with Normal. You can't change it once you start the game though, so I hope I don't regret it. :P

#5 Posted by Chris_Woods (42 posts) -

I'm on normal and I died once (actually I fled the battle, but whatever) when I entered an area that Hope said "Don't go in there, it's god damned dangerous!"

(It was dangerous.)

#6 Edited by Hailinel (24271 posts) -

Playing on Normal, here.

#7 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

I'm playing on easy. Don't feel like challenging myself too much, especially in a game with time penalties.

#8 Posted by smokeyd123 (329 posts) -

Normal here. I've died on a 3 star side quest, and a chocobo eater. He's kind of a dick.

#9 Edited by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

I must be the only one who hasn't died to something yet. I came close on that bounty hunter side mission with that huge creature but managed to best it. My potion supply is dry now though.

#10 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

@demoskinos: The only time I've died so far is to the boss at the end of the first main quest. I had a phoenix down, though. :P

#11 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5352 posts) -
#12 Posted by kerse (2110 posts) -

Playing normal, died a few times early on, some of the enemies in that graveyard area of Luxerion are kinda rough, but I may have gone there too early. After I got used to the battle system and realized how important blocking was, I haven't died since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.