Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

So what happened to Lightning Returns (PC)

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously is this still coming or what?

I mean it's not even supposed to be that good and going by the PC ports of XIII and XIII-2 this is probably gonna be a mess anyway but goddamn I played through both of those those games so I thought I might as well finish the fight at this point.

Not gonna play it on PS3 anymore though...

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually want to know this as well. I sort of still want to play it, since I've played through the other two. Might as well finish the series. I heard they were going to release it on PC at one point, and I really don't want to bust out my PS3 just for it.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

they are releasing final fantasy type 0 on august seems like they skipped the release of this one

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They posted this on Twitter in the beginning of June:

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've been waiting for this. It's the only one I haven't played yet. Hopefully it won't be plagued with the issues the other ports were, but I won't get my hopes up...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

@darkvare said:

they are releasing final fantasy type 0 on august seems like they skipped the release of this one

They had to get that TI5 synergy by releasing their big chocobo riding game alongside their chocobo courier.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right, I own this game and forgot I never played it. I really hope someone puts out an "unlimited time" mod so I can play in a way that I actually enjoy (see: exploring, levelling up, doing side quests without the fear of taking too long and having to start the entire goddamn game over again).

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Release date is announced (December 10th) and steam page is up!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345350

looks like it's going to be $19.99 if GreenManGaming's page is legit (given the recent kerfuffle they've had with reddit, it may not be)

Sounds like the Aerith/Aeris schema will not be in the game, which is a bummer, But hey I'm just glad to have th opportunity to play it on my platform of choice.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Glad to see this is finally going to you guys. This reminds me to go and finish my 100% playthrough when I'm home for the holidays.

@teddie said:

Oh right, I own this game and forgot I never played it. I really hope someone puts out an "unlimited time" mod so I can play in a way that I actually enjoy (see: exploring, levelling up, doing side quests without the fear of taking too long and having to start the entire goddamn game over again).

This isn't really ever an issue. On my playthrough I've done everything except for killing 1 boss and doing 1 other sidequest and have 5 days remaining until the point-of-no-return. And getting to all days unlocked is really easy: both focusing only on story and doing side quests second, and focusing only on sidequests before doing story, can easily result in all days being unlocked. In fact, I've seen others say the quickest way to 100% the game is to actively fail to unlock all the days in their first playthrough, since the stats you carry over through that play through make everything from there so much easier/faster. So even failing is a form of progress.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yeah this is coming out like in a day or two, at long last. Can't believe it's been a whole damn year. This shit was supposed to be out December LAST YEAR.

Glad it's finally here though. Was my GOTY and really excited to play through it again.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously performance will vary, but the game looks and runs great. Most people seem to be pleased by the port so that's a good sign. Only ran around and fought a battle or two just to mess with it. Can't wait to dive back in.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: are the borderless window issue and the missing controller prompts happening for you?

Or is that some dude in the steam forums making much ado about nothing?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Final Fantasy VI comes out on the PC in a few days too.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

ugh finally, i've actually stayed relatively unspoiled after all this time

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slag

yeah big bummer is that it's a port of the iOS version though.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Square is improving, good on you Square.
    For best performance, I recommend not playing in full-screen, just play in windowed.
    Also, I know this sounds like a dumb area of praise, but good on Square for being reasonable with the price of these ports. Many devs would demand way more cash for a late port like this.

Edit: Okay, this is way more fun that I thought it would be, especially compared to the corridors of XIII with which I gave up after about 10 hours in. I dig the time limit and the new battle system.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: I played a fair bit of FFV on Android and those kinds of sprites grew on me. I don't like them, but the rest of the picture looks much cleaner and I'll get a better translation.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a couple of hours so far. Performance is pretty good (i7 4770k, GTX 970, Windows 10, 8GB RAM). Some hiccups in the porting though I think. The screen that tells you about auto-saving says not to turn of your Playstation 3 console..haha. Also the only way to quit the game is to go into a File menu...what.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kishinfoulux

@kasaioni said:

Played a couple of hours so far. Performance is pretty good (i7 4770k, GTX 970, Windows 10, 8GB RAM). Some hiccups in the porting though I think. The screen that tells you about auto-saving says not to turn of your Playstation 3 console..haha. Also the only way to quit the game is to go into a File menu...what.

I noticed that too...lol.

With everything turned up the game holds up quite well visually. I was surprised. Granted it's not THAT old.

@slag said:
    @believer258 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm hoping they'll just dump their SNES roms on there at some point.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni said:

I noticed that too...lol.

With everything turned up the game holds up quite well visually. I was surprised. Granted it's not THAT old.

@slag said:
    @believer258 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm hoping they'll just dump their SNES roms on there at some point.

I seriously doubt it. Someone might mod the SNES/PS1 graphics into this version, though.

As I said above, I don't have a problem with the sprites or the price, I just want to make sure it's not an unplayable port before I buy it.

Also, back on topic, it's been a while since I played FFXIII. I liked what I played of it, too, so maybe I'll just restart this whole trilogy on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.