Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

Yo son... come get that hot hot Lightning Returns Trailer!

• 120 results
    BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By BirthWild

Is that Liara?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ducksworth said:

So I guess HD towns are possible for Square-Enix, they just have to look like garbage.

And have zero personality, and FF before 12 where some of my favourite games, someone needs to take over at Square and get their priorities straight.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@BlatantNinja23 said:

after finally getting to FF XIII I'm actually enjoying it, I just really like the combat. Sure I've enjoyed more of what I've played of IV or VI, but I like it a lot more than I ever did VII. I just find VII unplayable now.

Still waiting for Versus XIII, Square Enix.

I still think FF VII on PSP is the best thing to play on the PSP along with FF IX, still holds up great today.

@BirthWild said:

Is that Liara?

Yep always has been http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Hillis

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Ducksworth

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Ducksworth said:

So I guess HD towns are possible for Square-Enix, they just have to look like garbage.

And have zero personality, and FF before 12 where some of my favourite games, someone needs to take over at Square and get their priorities straight.

I actually really liked FF12, probably in my top 3 mainlineFinal Fantasy games =P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#105  Edited By musubi

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

These trailers pretty much spoil the games, FF XIII-2 showed lightning died at the end of XIII and this one shows she must of came back alive. Im so over everything about 13 make 15 already Square and I don't care about eyelash technology just make a good game.

She didn't die. She was in crystal stasis.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ducksworth said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Ducksworth said:

I actually really liked FF12, probably in my top 3 mainlineFinal Fantasy games =P

Was hard to go back to the PS2 after owning a 360, might give it another go if they release it fro Vita.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#107  Edited By Hailinel

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Ducksworth said:

Because you can judge how much personality is in the environment from a few quick cuts in a minute-long trailer of an unfinished game?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#108  Edited By jacksukeru

I kind of want to finish XIII so I could see what's up with XIII-2 but man does that game drag on. Made some good progress a few months ago but stopped once I got everyone together and now it's super hard to go back to....again.

This trailer isn't really pushing me to find out more about what's going on in these games either. Such a bummer all around.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By xyzygy

@korkesh: Well yeah, MMOs have had that feature forever, but I think this is the first FF in which you can change gear and it (hopefully) affects stats. I really can't see an action-RPG without that feature...

Another thing... they really need to add some life to that city. It looks like the ultimate bland.

@IBurningStar said:

I just want to know who was narrating the trailer. I think it sort of sounded like Noel. I don't even remember Noel's voice that well, but it reminded me of Noel. I would be all for Noel polling back up. He was a pretty good character, as far as FF characters go. I mean, they generally piss me off to no end, but he managed to not be annoying, so I consider that I good thing. Yes, I do have extremely low standards when it comes to judging FF characters.

I think it was Hope, although their voices do sound slightly similar.

@DocHaus said:

Can't they just move on to FFXV now? Or maybe make a spiritual sequel to Last Remnant with better gameplay mechanics?

Man, you have no idea how hard I would get behind this. TLR with improved systems and more control over character development would be my ultimate game. Loved the original as it is, flaws and all.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Last Remnant was okay; XIII's gameplay is superior as is the challenge but I got Last Remnant for about a buck forty so it's hard to criticize it at that point. Now obviously there's a lot of things wrong with XIII originally but the battle system is top notch and the difficulty is easily the highest in the main series so why not try to continue it; also Final Fantasy sells; off brand Square stuff which is almost universally excellent (and in some cases absolutely legendary) doesn't; makes no difference how good it is.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By JasonR86

Well, as an idiot who knows nothing it looks like 13-2 without the dumb, mother-fucking Kupo that kept me from even finishing that game's demo. So there's that. Her get-up looks really dumb and sticks out like a sore thumb even in that world. But it might be good. I would have played 13-2 if I didn't find the characters, but specifically the obnoxious Kupo, so unbearable and if this game has that game's mechanics I might be interested.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By buft

@believer258 said:

That city reminded me of the one in Dragon Age 2.

yeh i see it too now

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I wonder how they'll retcon the previous games this time!

Maitimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Maitimo

I'm not totally convinced that this'll be the end of it. Toriyama is abnormally fond of Lightning.

The footage wasn't particularly compelling. Looks like they want to capture some of the appeal of Assassin's Creed with the in-city platforming stuff, just without being able to realise a city like the AC teams have.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#115  Edited By figurehead00

I'm one of the few crazy assholes that enjoyed FFXIII. Definitely not my favorite, but I had a lot of fun with it. Haven't payed FFXIII-2 yet, but I'm sure I will. That being said, I hope this is the end of it. I really hope they can get back to their roots with FFXV. Still love that battle theme.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#116  Edited By veektarius

I don't know where Final Fantasy's designers got the idea that people wanted fewer party members, but clearly that's the direction they're going.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By Animasta

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

These trailers pretty much spoil the games, FF XIII-2 showed lightning died at the end of XIII and this one shows she must of came back alive. Im so over everything about 13 make 15 already Square and I don't care about eyelash technology just make a good game.

No, She didn't die at the end of 13, everyone just thought she did because of time travel shenanigans, which is the entire plot of 13-2 (try to find lightning and then try to save the future)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By LiquidPrince

And it has been taken down... Damn.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#119  Edited By XenoNick

God damn that battle theme is still fucking awesome. I actually didn't hate XIII or XIII-2 (The combat saved those games for me though) I hope this is the last though. Lightning was an OK character but nothing major.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Morrow

Aww, I'm too late :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.