Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

lilt line

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Dec 13, 2010

A music-action game that puts you in control of a white line that needs steered through a psychedelic tunnel. lilt line was originally released on the iPhone, but in a partnership with Bit.Trip developers Gaijin Games, the title has seen a release on WiiWare.

Bit.Trip Creators To Publish App Store Darling Lilt Line On WiiWare

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    Bit.Trip creators Gaijin Games is poised to make its first foray as a self-published developer in the downloads space. Its first game, according to a blog post on studio's official website, will be a collaboration with App Store-developer Different Cloth and 16-bit Music to bring their iPhone title Lilt Line to WiiWare.

Lilt Line is like what I imagined would happen if Guitar Hero married PC classic Snake and then had a special kid named "Lilt Line." It's a music-based joint that puts you behind the wheel of a simple, unimaginative white line across a series of fractal mazes brimming with psychedelics that rumble and strobe alongside fast and eclectic electronic beats. 

The goal is to steer the line through each maze, all the while using the handheld's tilt functionality to maneuver and its touch capabilities to slip through white hot barriers that appear in sync with the current level's music. All in all, it's a basic game that should translate well to the Wii's unusual inputs.  

No Caption Provided

== TEASER =="Lilt Line has been a labor of love for us over here at Gaijin Games," Gaijin Games' Alex Neuse wrote on the studio's blog. "The original version was created by differentcloth for the iPhone, and the moment I saw it, I fell in love with the game."

"I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I’m a huge fan of rhythm/music gameplay, and when I contacted the fine folks behind the original, we realized just how awesome it would be to work on something together. In short, we hit it off." 

The official Lilt Line website mentions that the game will ship with a total of 15 levels, which just so happens to be the exact amount available on the $2.99 iPhone version of the game. No release date is being listed, but an official trailer is available for your viewing pleasure.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    Bit.Trip creators Gaijin Games is poised to make its first foray as a self-published developer in the downloads space. Its first game, according to a blog post on studio's official website, will be a collaboration with App Store-developer Different Cloth and 16-bit Music to bring their iPhone title Lilt Line to WiiWare.

Lilt Line is like what I imagined would happen if Guitar Hero married PC classic Snake and then had a special kid named "Lilt Line." It's a music-based joint that puts you behind the wheel of a simple, unimaginative white line across a series of fractal mazes brimming with psychedelics that rumble and strobe alongside fast and eclectic electronic beats. 

The goal is to steer the line through each maze, all the while using the handheld's tilt functionality to maneuver and its touch capabilities to slip through white hot barriers that appear in sync with the current level's music. All in all, it's a basic game that should translate well to the Wii's unusual inputs.  

No Caption Provided

== TEASER =="Lilt Line has been a labor of love for us over here at Gaijin Games," Gaijin Games' Alex Neuse wrote on the studio's blog. "The original version was created by differentcloth for the iPhone, and the moment I saw it, I fell in love with the game."

"I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I’m a huge fan of rhythm/music gameplay, and when I contacted the fine folks behind the original, we realized just how awesome it would be to work on something together. In short, we hit it off." 

The official Lilt Line website mentions that the game will ship with a total of 15 levels, which just so happens to be the exact amount available on the $2.99 iPhone version of the game. No release date is being listed, but an official trailer is available for your viewing pleasure.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Somewhat interested.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Unlogik

Best music in a game to date.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BestUsernameEver

iPhone doesn't deserve developers like them. 

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

I think I'll get a look at the trailer to see it in motion, or else the first screenshot from the lower three will summarize my thoughts on this game :O

BlkMjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlkMjk

fifth.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Sunjammer

This music deserves a better game. 

Suggested change list: 
    * Color the beat markers so you know wether you're matching a kick or a snare or a hihat. Or whatever really: Just randomly picking a soundtrack element you're supposed to tap on doesn't aid the rhythm action at all, it's just confusing. TBH the game on the iPhone in its current state is borderline unplayable on later levels.
    * Contextualize the levels. As it is the only thing to do with the sound is the beat markers. Everything else is just noise. 

But yeah, the music is great. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

Way too many capitals in the article title to make sense of anything.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By c_rakestraw

Seems interesting. Super abstract in the visual department, but interesting. Wonder if it'll be as hard as the Bit.Trip games are.

eproo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eproo

Hmmm.... I don't like the concept of the music & move something in screen. Just put some big trance sound and you get all points you need.

PalaceBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PalaceBrother

I'll give it a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.