Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Finished Limbo. (puzzle based spoilers)

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mwng

Done, amazing, loved every minute of the 2 hours and 30 minutes it took me to finish it. Well worth the 1200 points it cost.

I do have one question though. Those little glowy orb things; I picked up a couple and each time I did I was awarded with an achievement. However, one little glowy orb:

Hope that kinda explains where I was, anyone know what it does?
    delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By delicious_lie

i dunno, there's another orb that gives no achievement in the cog section. i think they probably contribute to your completion rate in the leaderboard?

totriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By totriz

also got that orb (after a looong stretch of failure)  thinking it was the ' Going Up' achievement but it wasn't. I thought it was a bug and the achievement didn't trigger but you unlock that one later in the game. 
    So as   delicious_lie thinks, it must be related to the completion % of the game

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mwng

Turns out it is just related to your % completion, the non-achievement based orbs seem to add 1%. (Edit: thanks Timing) I think 105% is max according to the leaderboards.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Timing

Right now the number 1 guy on the leaderboards has 105% completion.

Makes me wonder what the actual total completion percentage is, and how long it'll take before someone has it. I predict about... 4 days.

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By JessicaBoo

Im stuck on the gravity right now =/ no the stacking boxes one, the one after! where the elevator is.......
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mwng
    @JessicaBoo: If anyone's having trouble with any of the puzzles I'm happy to try and help with a text based solution.
    JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JessicaBoo
    @mwng said:
    " @JessicaBoo: If anyone's having trouble with any of the puzzles I'm happy to try and help with a text based solution. "

I feel all retarded right now lol.... Well, short version of my issue, first time you flick the switch and you go to the top of the game....  

Boxes.... one right at the far end, on a gravity of it own.... i have a block sliding back and forth, and i need to boxes, i cant get to the other one... Period... im stuck there i;ve tried so many things with that gravety thing.....
    medina09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By medina09

Im stuck at the same spot you were Jessicaboo. I cant figure out how to get that egg in the top corner where you need to hit the gravity switch and ride the box. Been trying at all angles. Not even sure IF i need to ride the box lol. UGh anyone help?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mwng
    @JessicaBoo:  Right, when standing on the upper platform with your first box, you need to send the lift down, put your first box on top of it, send the lift up, use the box to jump to the left where you'll find the puzzle to get the second box.

To get this box, turn the gravity in its room off, till it hits the top left of its room, then turn the gravity back on, it'll hit the floor and begin to slide toward you, turn the gravity off again and it should float toward you a bit, don't leave the gravity off too long or it'll stick to the roof again, keep turning the gravity on and off until it's out of the room. Then push it all the way to the right until it gets blocked by something.

Return to the section that lets you flip the stage upside down and flip it. Travel to the left, where you just were to claim the second box. Now, position one box to fall on the moving block just as it begins to pop out, and the other box on the lower area at the extent of the moving block. Quickly flip the stage to the right way up again, jumping from the first box, to the moving block, to the second box, to where you need to be. Hope that helps.

@medina09: To get the egg, do the above, but use the moving platform to stack one box atop the other, then flip the world again. Then push the stacked boxes all the way to the left, using them to climb up and get the egg. THEY WILL FALL OFF OF EACH OTHER A LOT. PREPARE FOR ANNOY.
    JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JessicaBoo
    @mwng:
    Hahahah thank you mate, already done it :) I was like ehhhh what????! But i saw reason... Not as hard as Braid, Braid is a differet story =O I finished the whole game.... Gravity was my fav part!
    medina09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By medina09
    @mwng: lol thanks, i was trying to get the egg by riding the box up with gravity. lol didnt seem right. 
    stoydell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By stoydell

I'm at 72% where there are gravity switches and a thing on a wire with a rope, you need to switch gravity upwards to get the thing to your side of the chasm and switch it again to ride it down, haven't got a clue how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Got it, nevermind.

Ghost407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Ghost407

@ medina09 I was doing the same thing for about 30 mins last night!  Grabbing onto the side of that box as I hit the switch spinning and spinning and spinning it!  I was so frustrated!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.